It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't believe in U.F.O.'s but !!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
I have just witnessed something i cant explain. Flying over Birmingham U.K. two extremely bright white parallel " lines". About 50 yards apart and maybe about 400 yards long. Height maybe about 10.000 feet They cleared my visible site within about 5 seconds.

What it was i have no idea, but very strange indeed.

You saw two UFO's. Unidentified Flying Objects. I can't tell you anything more about them though until they are identified.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2
You don't believe that there are flying objects that are unidentified?

Took the words right out of my mouth.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach
I've seen a real one in daylight,a metallic saucer just sitting in the sky.
I wish you would have got a clearer view so you are 100% what is was and 100% what it was not.

I envy you for your sighting. Most people aren't that lucky. I have no reason to doubt that you believe you saw what you saw. I have no reason to doubt that it wasn't "real."

But at the end of the day, without any more data, it's just going to be a mystery.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Vapor trails

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: alldaylong

About 50 yards apart and maybe about 400 yards long. Height maybe about 10.000 feet

How did you arrive at these estimates? Without knowing how high, you can't judge how long. Conversely, without knowing how long you can't judge how high.

Yes we can, it's called stereoscopic vision. You should try it sometimes...if you're not missing an eyeball, half your face, or your entire head.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
I have just witnessed something i cant explain. Flying over Birmingham U.K. two extremely bright white parallel " lines" ... What it was i have no idea, but very strange indeed.

Meteorite light-trails can be parallel ...

astrobob.areavoices.com/tag/leo/

Geminids ?
edit on DecemberMon, 08 Dec 2014 21:01:20 -0600pm12k12345 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Choice777

Yes we can, it's called stereoscopic vision.

Not so much in this case. Binocular vision only provides depth perception out to maybe 20 to 30 yards or so.

We confirm that stereopsis supports reliable depth discriminations beyond typical laboratory distances. Furthermore, binocular vision can significantly improve both the accuracy and precision of depth estimation to at least 18 m.

www.journalofvision.org...

edit on 12/8/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Choice777

Yes we can, it's called stereoscopic vision.

Not so much in this case. Binocular vision only provides depth perception out to maybe 20 to 30 yards or so.

We confirm that stereopsis supports reliable depth discriminations beyond typical laboratory distances. Furthermore, binocular vision can significantly improve both the accuracy and precision of depth estimation to at least 18 m.

www.journalofvision.org...

Are you ok ? I mean mentally ? You show some quote from some article about ...stereopsis?
Are you telling me that i've superhuman eye sight ? Cause i can tell which object is closest compared to another object, if both are miles away...as in one 1.5 miles away and the other is 2 miles...or 5 miles and 8 miles...it's easy. Anyone can do it.
Use you brain damn it...if you look at any of the two objects, you focus on it, the other will be blurry....combined with stereoscopic vision and the way the brain processes visual info....yes i can estimate the size and distance of object in the sky...once you've seen an airplane high up in the sky, your brain has a point of reference forever ! cause it knows what the size of that 747 is close up, it sees the size it has in the sky, it sees how it blurs out as the eyes adjust to it, etc etc...maybe you're just blind.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Correct,it's just data for everybody else.
And so it goes that there is never any tangible evidence to support these kinds of claims.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Choice777
Use you brain damn it...if you look at any of the two objects, you focus on it, the other will be blurry....combined with stereoscopic vision and the way the brain processes visual info....yes i can estimate the size and distance of object in the sky...

Unfortunetly, the brain is easily fooled. The Lord Of The Rings/Hobbit movies being the easiest examples. They didnt use CG when a small hobbit and a large man stand "next" to each other - they are roughly the same size and its just tricks with perspective.

But of course, for some reason the brain always disagrees about being easily fooled.

Furthermore, your estimate is based on a known configuration. If you know the plane type and that its 50m long, then yes maybe you can roughly distance it. But what if you dont know how long it is? A UFO by definition is unknown.
edit on 28-12-2014 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This is a situation where I fear that no one who has some credibility would answer you OP otherwise as:

"It could've been vapor trails from aircraft flying in close formation".

anything other than that is just wild speculation. We need footage (either static or video) to get an idea of what it could be, or at the very least we need an extremely detailed description. Yours points to nothing out of the ordinary in my opinion.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join