It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: ‘US provoking war with Russia, could result in total destruction’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
Wait a second here, global research is a site we've used for years as a source on ATS. So just because they APPEAR to side with Russia's handling of the situation in Ukraine (which I haven't even looked to see yet, just taking your word for it)- all of a sudden they are the same as RT?

No. Just... no.

Global Research use information sourced by RT.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

So then you agree they aren't any better then RT as they use them for their source. See how it all works in the end.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

So then you agree they aren't any better then RT as they use them for their source. See how it all works in the end.

I dont trust any News without checking the News story first. RT might be telling the truth some times. The truth dosent become a lie just because the News is told by RT or any other News Source.

When there are News sources that are in Direct conflict With other News Sources. It demands personal reaserch to see who is telling the truth. You cant just pick and choose what Sources are telling the truth based on the Sources past history.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

fair enough, but tell me, which media exactly do you consider to be credible and reliable?
As long as I can say, most of MSM are recently breaking all the basic principles of journalism, by failing to provide or spinning evidence and facts. Instead, you get spectacular headlines in biggest bold letters they can find, claiming outrageous claims, but failing to provide any consequential elaboration of outrageous claims in the body of the article. Bla bla journalism in full spin, only aiming to stir emotional response, within the audience that is not capable of asking the right question.

Hence, to me, any article written with enough decency to at least provide answers to basics five Ws would be more credible than not.

edit on 9-12-2014 by Douriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Coming from the one who has been trying to push the absolute worse propaganda site StopFake.org a gazillion times.

Globalresearch and RT are filling in the gaps left out by Western media, the stuff which Western media should tell if they actual do serious reporting. They both show stuff which goes against what you want to be shown and by so you try to discredit them, that`s all.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Coming from the one who has been trying to push the absolute worse propaganda site StopFake.org a gazillion times.

Globalresearch and RT are filling in the gaps left out by Western media, the stuff which Western media should tell if they actual do serious reporting. They both show stuff which goes against what you want to be shown and by so you try to discredit them, that`s all.

I dont really agree that they are. I have found it odd that western media havent mentioned anything about the NATO drills that were going on a few weeks ago in the North Atlantic when Russia first flew 4 bombers and 4 air refulers along the Norwegian coast.
Our media didnt mention the two B-52s that flew Close to the Russian border a few weeks ago either. Neither do Our media mention anything about the NATO jets and ground troops doing combat exercises in Finland, Latvia and Poland just to mention some. NATO even had combat exercises in Ukraine. Nor have they mentioned the 100 US tanks deployed to Poland. Or the US/NATO Military hardware taken from Storage in Norway and deployed to Africa. That took Place this summer.

But Our media talks a lot about what the Russians are up to. To us it seams like we are not doing anything but complain about the evil Russians. And and we loby that we are just protecting NATO borders. Well that is the Public image thet they want us to have. And Our media is doing a fine job at it. Because most People on ATS have fallen for it.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

In Germany and The Netherlands the people became so fed up with the biased reporting about the Russia reporting the media was forced to tell the other side too, the bad thing it`s only still being done sparsely and real damaging stuff is still obscured, but they can`t get away with doing it 100%...it still leave most clueless about what is going on however.

Over 50% of German business affected by Russia-West sanctions confrontation — expert

Source

With Italians going in mass towards GB, Germany, Switzerland and France to find work, and reality sinking again in Greece, good timing for the EU to do this kinds of idiotic things.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
50 years have passed, nothing has changed. Comparable?

Tonkin Gulf Resolution, 1964

Joint resolution in response to the Gulf of Tonkin Incident.

H.Res.758

Joint resolution in response to the Multiple "Hybrid-War" Invasion of MH-17 Incident.

Whereas Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, a civilian airliner, was destroyed by a missile fired by Russian-backed separatist forces in eastern Ukraine, resulting in the loss of 298 innocent lives;

Now it is clear why the ukrainians rejected the closing of their airspace days before the MH-17 downing. If the MH17 have not flown there, it would not have been shot down and now neither sanctions nor H.Res 758 would not be.

Whereas the United States strongly supports efforts to assist Ukraine to defend its territory and sovereignty against military aggression by the Russian Federation and by separatist forces;

Central building of the Ukrainian Secret Service (SBU) in Kiev. Somehow it shows who is "making the new Ukrainian life".

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

RT might be telling the truth some times.

Never said they couldn't be.

The truth dosent become a lie just because the News is told by RT or any other News Source.

It does when it is one...no matter who it came from.

When there are News sources that are in Direct conflict With other News Sources.

There will always be conflicting news sources, but a lie is still a lie.

It demands personal reaserch to see who is telling the truth.

Which has been done, as that is the reason I asked for a second corroborating source.

You cant just pick and choose what Sources are telling the truth based on the Sources past history.

Why is that, because if a source has been known to make up, or blatantly tell lies in their past what credibility does it have and remember that next time the US says something or does something and you feel like vilifying them because of something they did in their past.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Can you prove any of it is wrong, because I guarantee if you could you would have.

Globalresearch and RT are filling in the gaps left out by Western media, the stuff which Western media should tell if they actual do serious reporting.

Serious reporting...Globalresearch and RT...and what world would that actually be true , because here in the real world that is far from being close to the truth.

They both show stuff which goes against what you want to be shown and by so you try to discredit them, that`s all.

And what would that be?

If it's lies then yes you would be right, but they need no help being discredited as they are doing just fine on their own.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Douriff

fair enough, but tell me, which media exactly do you consider to be credible and reliable?

Well if you can find corroborating sources that tell the same info then your original source has a bit more reliability to it.

Now when it comes to Ukraine, certain Russian media sources have shown they have no problem just making stories up as though they were actually real.

Things such as this...

shoutout2day.com...

Which is why I question Russian media on stories about anything to do with Ukraine.

As long as I can say, most of MSM are recently breaking all the basic principles of journalism, by failing to provide or spinning evidence and facts.

Because it hasn't been about the actual stories, as it has been about the ratings.

claiming outrageous claims, but failing to provide any consequential elaboration of outrageous claims in the body of the article. Bla bla journalism in full spin, only aiming to stir emotional response, within the audience that is not capable of asking the right question.

I can't argue with you on that.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Why is that, because if a source has been known to make up, or blatantly tell lies in their past what credibility does it have and remember that next time the US says something or does something and you feel like vilifying them because of something they did in their past.

Because there is not a News Source that havent lied. And a Source can lie even if their track record is good.

If RT is telling the truth and a different Source With a very good track record is telling a lie. You would rather believe the lie just because RT have a bad track record for telling the truth.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Can you prove any of it is wrong, because I guarantee if you could you would have.

You know it`s one of the few sites I don`t even bother to spend my time on anymore and by so I can`t proof anything.

Serious reporting...Globalresearch and RT...and what world would that actually be true , because here in the real world that is far from being close to the truth.

In the World of people who have working brains and have sound judgement.

but they need no help being discredited as they are doing just fine on their own.

That would mean you stop with it...?

...or is just one the usual hypocrisies coming from you and you still will be doing it because you think it`s needed to marginalise the information being presented ?...

I put my money on you will keep doing it because you don`t think they are doing it themselves...so if you keep doing it, you proved what a crap you just said...time to make some popcorn.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: maghun

Joint resolution in response to the Multiple "Hybrid-War" Invasion of MH-17 Incident.

So where exactly in that resolution does it even hint at anything close to being considered war?

It condemns Putin and Russia for their activities in Ukraine nothing more...Did you read it and actually understand it, because it seems you didn't?

Now it is clear why the ukrainians rejected the closing of their airspace days before the MH-17 downing.

You may be interested in seeing what Eurocontrol has said about the Sunday Times article...

www.eurocontrol.int...

If the MH17 have not flown there, it would not have been shot down and now neither sanctions nor H.Res 758 would not be.

And had the separatists not shot it down the same could be said, as far as RES 758...exactly what in it makes you think it's something it isn't?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

You know it`s one of the few sites I don`t even bother to spend my time on anymore and by so I can`t proof anything.

And yet you said this...

So you say it's an absolute worse propaganda site, yet you can't prove what is said on that site as being wrong...so how is it propaganda and how is it you know it is but can't prove it?

In the World of people who have working brains and have sound judgement.

And you think RT is a serious reporting media, so your judgement may not be so sound.

...or is just one the usual hypocrisies coming from you and you still will be doing it because you think it`s needed to marginalise the information being presented ?...

DO you really want to discuss hypocrisies, just look at the beginning of this reply.

I put my money on you will keep doing it because you don`t think they are doing it themselves...so if you keep doing it, you proved what a crap you just said...time to make some popcorn.

Assuming is fun isn't it?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

So you say it's an absolute worse propaganda site, yet you can't prove what is said on that site as being wrong...so how is it propaganda and how is it you know it is but can't prove it?

I already gave my answer about that...

Yup !

...and you responded to it, so sound judgement doesn`t involve a working memory ?

I don`t know, tell me ?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
I don`t know, tell me ?

I would say yes, you think assuming is fun. Its the only thing you have to base your position on.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I did not assume anything, because I knew he would do it again, hence my "I don`t know.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
well the truth is, no one even the morons in D.C want world war 3. It will put us in a dark age. Sure it is romantic I suppose to create conjecture on the forum and imagine how neat it would be, or what have you if you have nothing to lose or learn anymore, or you have just given up on trying to be successful within our system..

I am focused more on religious fanaticism creating the beginning of the end, not a Russian leader who seems to have an ideology different than our here in the west, and a brain. He will not risk killing his people needlessly. NOW if a nuclear power developed a icbm deterant a form of star wars perhaps from the 80's then maybe we might have one crazy enough to start ww3.. I really do not think we will see world war three on our lifetime, I am speaking for generation X..

I think all we have to fear in this present age is ourselves...

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

I would rather face world war 3 than go back down the road of appeasement to Russia in hopes that by giving in and giving Russia just one more country to occupy that they will leave other nations alone.

If world war 3 occurs it is because of Putin and the Russian peoples failure to remove him for office, using any means necessary.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join