It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor found dead after cash row: Cancer scientist...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

A scientist pioneering a new cancer treatment at world-renowned Imperial College London has been found dead after bosses told him to raise more money.

In a final email, he wrote: ‘What these guys don’t know is that they destroy lives. Well, they certainly destroyed mine.

‘This is not a university anymore but a business, with a very few, up in the hierarchy, profiteering, and the rest of us milked for money.’

Pr ofessor found dead after cash row: Cancer scientist...

Cancer research - 1 step forward, 2 steps back...

First of all, got to feel sorry for this bloke, working silly hours and failing to reach his goals, getting treated poorly and not being taken seriously.

He hit the nail on the head, it's about profit, and has been for a long time now. It doesn't matter how effective the research is, if no grants are obtained and no profit is being made, drop it.

I'll end this with a quote from a fellow academic of his which is quite shocking -
"Perhaps what is most shocking is that none of us are actually shocked this has happened. Higher education is like big business these days, and Imperial is absolutely focused on its position in the global rankings".

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Given how often this happens from innovators of energy, to microbiologists, to cancer researchers, to independent journalists, it continues to blow my mind that when you mention it to people, they still look at you as if it is not happening!

Also you are hitting the nail on the head with your point about higher academics, those in control learned long ago that when you control the schools, research, grants you can brainwash generations!

edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amFriday4 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
It said in the article that he Gassed himself. I don't get that. It sounded like he had the cure.

Who is to say it wasn't suicide!

The Cancer industry makes in excess of $170 Billion a year!

That's not a profit the Cancer Companies and Pharmaceutical Companies want to lose to a simple 'Cure' is it?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

I watched a program on tv around a month ago which was aired to raise money for cancer research. There was heartbreaking stories about children living with cancer, what it had done to their young and innocent lives. Some of whom had passed away since the show was aired. The show convinced me to start paying monthly towards cancer research. It's heartbreaking to think that maybe that money is not being used in the populations best interests and instead 'profit' has replaced the word 'cure'.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

Doesn't your heart go out to this brilliant man who has been simply pushed too far!

Why was he expected to raise money and do research at the same time? Surely the hierarchy should be raising money otherwise what exactly do they do that their secretaries and managerial staff could be doing?

We are in perhaps one of the most greedy, tax avoidance and corrupt times of the life of this planet and whats wrong is that pretty much all of us can sense or see this going on yet we are only talking about it amongst ourselves, not trying to talk to the people in charge to show them their actions are accountable. In the UK we have an election coming up and cameron needs to get his post plumb out of his backs--e and meet the people and see the huge dissatisfaction amongst the electorate about things like the loss of this scientist.

I hope Imperial College gets the rotten publicity it deserves about this matter.

A very good point was raised on RT's Keiser Report last night which made me think how right it was. It was that today we don't have any financial investigative journalists? Its all about I suppose celebrity and such waffle and nonsense that most of the front pages of our papers are an insult to anyone with two brain cells to rub together.

The guest was a man from The Guardian I think or one of the papers of that ilk and, he is exceptionally brilliant and kept Max on his toes backed of course by the veritable Stacey. But perhaps they had a very good point, if we had financial investigative journalists worth their salt, perhaps the banking and the financing going on in the UK would have been more open and problems exposed. I wonder if anyone else agrees or sees a similar situation in their own countries?

I am sorry for the Scientist's family and especially for the loss of his not yet done research because people's lives rest on getting a better means of dealing with cancer than doses of poison pumped into one's body. - which of course makes money for just a handful of people with no conscience.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Sadly I am of the opinion that the healthcare industry/cancer research organizations are not trying to cure anything.

articles.mercola.com...

For example, the ACS has close financial ties to both makers of mammography equipment and cancer drugs. But that's just for starters. Other conflicts of interest include ties to, and financial support from, the pesticide-, petrochemical-, biotech-, cosmetics-, and junk food industries—the very industries whose products are the primary contributors to cancer!

The epidemic of cancer is encouraged through pesticides/herbicides, you can literally pick up an item at you local grocery store and look at the ingredients and find well known carcinogens, alcohol/cigarettes contribute to it, fast food is guilty, big pharma profits off of all the issues as a result of these things and to top it off cause organ damage as well as mental issues, toxins are in the clothing, furniture, make up, house hold cleaners.

Look no further than Dupont, Bayer, Monsanto, Dow and their owned federal agencies, FDA, EPA, FTC, USDA, WHO, NIH etc and their owned media to find out why Cancer is such a trillion dollar a year mystery!
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amFriday4 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

One of the most 'acceptable if you will' causes of dealing with population. We accept illness as natural so when so much time and money doesn't make any reaql difference, its time we should be asking questions as to why? Vested interest is the cause and whose we need to name and shame.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

You are correct, they have hidden the cause of it since the 1920's, if you never heard of Dr. Otto Warburg, he cracked the code all the way back then. That being that cancer can not survive in an oxygenated alkaline environment!

cancercompassalternateroute.com...

They suppressed what he discovered and then advised people on a diet that encourages the growth of cancer!

You have go to give it to those at the top of the chain, they define evil!

edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amFriday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Talking to these mass murderers is not enough. The days of talking and asking questions of those in authority are over. The lynching days are here and soon to begin !!
edit on 5-12-2014 by sayzaar because: correct spelling error

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It's the same in all university departments. As every PhD student brings in £120,000 of funds, it is more important for a member of staff to be supervising as many students as possible in order to maximize the number of papers published than it is for them to do the research themselves. Universities are ranked by the number of papers published, the number of research students and research grants awarded. So it's either "publish or perish" and supervise a team of students.

edit on 5-12-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It boggles my mind that his bosses told him to raise more money for his research, when cancer research gets billions of dollars in charity every year. Where does all that money go? Apparently not to people pioneering research into new treatments!

I suspect we have developed several cures for cancer by now, they just aren't released to the public. It is far more profitable to provide treatments for cancer that also cause cancer as a side-effect (chemotherapy and radiation cause cancer!!!) so they keep coming back for more treatments like drug addicts.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

In a final email, he wrote: ‘What these guys don’t know is that they destroy lives. Well, they certainly destroyed mine.

‘This is not a university anymore but a business, with a very few, up in the hierarchy, profiteering, and the rest of us milked for money.’

Professor Stefan Grimm apparently gassed himself at home

Hmmm.

Another odd "coincidence" eh?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This is why anyone who gives to a Cancer charity is a fool.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
a reply to: Shiloh7

You are correct, they have hidden the cause of it since the 1920's, if you never heard of Dr. Otto Warburg, he cracked the code all the way back then. That being that cancer can not survive in an oxygenated alkaline environment!

cancercompassalternateroute.com...

They suppressed what he discovered and then advised people on a diet that encourages the growth of cancer!

You have go to give it to those at the top of the chain, they define evil!

Interesting link

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It will most likely be said a million ways no profit in cures, unless it cures the "elite". I have to wonder if we will ever get to point where we work for the betterment of mankind, like Gene Roddenberry's theme of Star Trek. Then again right now we slam right into over population. So I guess somethings go hand in hand, we get cures when "WE" can take them from the greedy?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Told you guys many times Uni and College system is not what it seems to be anymore. They are no longer owned by the original owners. This is what happens with Capitalism... Instead of actually teaching the right stuff, Everything is divided into useless courses. You must pass this and that in order to move on. Too many people have to drop one course to pass another course in order to get the degree. We used to have 16-18 year old working a proper job. Now we have Homeless people, 20+ still in Uni / College trying to pass courses just to get a degree and everything. A lot of people now have to work with Corporations such as Mcdonalds trying to gain money just to pay for their education. A lot of Jobs now requiring a degree for everything, even being a waiter you need some sort of degree.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Deveron

I agreed completely with everything you said.

How do we know for sure it was a suicide and not something made to look like a suicide?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

Sadly I am of the opinion that the healthcare industry/cancer research organizations are not trying to cure anything.

articles.mercola.com...

For example, the ACS has close financial ties to both makers of mammography equipment and cancer drugs. But that's just for starters. Other conflicts of interest include ties to, and financial support from, the pesticide-, petrochemical-, biotech-, cosmetics-, and junk food industries—the very industries whose products are the primary contributors to cancer!

The epidemic of cancer is encouraged through pesticides/herbicides, you can literally pick up an item at you local grocery store and look at the ingredients and find well known carcinogens, alcohol/cigarettes contribute to it, fast food is guilty, big pharma profits off of all the issues as a result of these things and to top it off cause organ damage as well as mental issues, toxins are in the clothing, furniture, make up, house hold cleaners.

Look no further than Dupont, Bayer, Monsanto, Dow and their owned federal agencies, FDA, EPA, FTC, USDA, WHO, NIH etc and their owned media to find out why Cancer is such a trillion dollar a year mystery!

I have been in the healthcare arena for over 40 years. I have watched it go straight to hell in a hand basket. America is the only country on planet Earth that sees healthcare as a marketable commodity and healthcare in America is nothing more than a "BuSiNESS". If you think that it is about anything other than money, you are completely deceived. Most healthcare providers are fed up with the whole process but they don't know how to fix the mess they find themselves in the middle of. There is only one way out, one way to bring big business down to size. You and I. No matter how small we think we are, we hold the key. Like anything else worth fighting for, it will take effort and sacrifice but it is doable. We just have to do it.

new topics

top topics

join