It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southern Christians Won't Let My Daughter Play With Their Kids....Guess Why

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oudoceus
I compare them to the Puritans who first came to America. They believe that they are the only ones going to Heaven and that it is their duty to prevent others from exercising their free will while being perfectly free to exercise their own.a reply to: Nyiah

That's a good way to put it, actually, they are kind of like hypocritical modern Puritans.

The only contact my mom ever had with them was a knock on our door and the dad saying "I hear you people like cats. We have one we don't want and you can have." Seriously. The basic neighborly hellos & waves going to or coming from work went over like a fart in church (pun intended) But dumping their cat on us was somehow within the range of acceptable contact. o.O She was a damn good cat, though, my mom ended up giving her to an old folks' home some years later because her personality was that laid back & she thought she could do more good there than on our laps. Last I heard, the staff thought she was a perfect fit as the Home's resident cat. At least something good came out of the stuffy jerks in that house.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
There has been many myths created to infuse into Christianity that had nothing to do with the truth .One of the first things I remember after becoming a Christian was ,where did I get these concepts and beliefs about God and Jesus ,seeing I was brought up Pagan . Turned out that after reading the Bible and thinking about it ,it was made up and put into society . funny that . a reply to: KnightLight

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The Bible wasn't necessarily "made up", but rather passed down from ancient Sumerian tablets that described similar events, such as the great flood and Noahs ark for example. But, the Bible has been revised and edited over and over and over again throughout history. This doesn't nullify the word of the Bible. Chuck Missler does a good job translating the Bible back to it's original meaning. Books like Enoch were left out of the Bible and that is a fascinating book to read.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This is my daughter playing with a friend. Just a normal 9 year old sweet heart. Always happy and optimistic.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Comparing the scroll of Isaiah from the dead sea scrolls (over 2 thousand years old ) I cant imagine how you could justifying saying it has been changed .As far as understanding the differences from different cultures stories it is only understandable that there would be many points sharing some of the truths . The Hebrew text and the people are quite unique . I guess it could all be just a trust issue but I think it's a much bigger issue .When faith needs to have validation then other facts need to be tested and understood . In your case ,the validation is in the facts of a entity we call extra terrestrial . a reply to: FearYourMind

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I would just say this. Don't label all Southern Christians together like your title suggests. I am a Christian, but have no problem with others beliefs, and the thing about 'UFOlogist' is total BS in my opinion. Sounds like she is some PC warrior who thinks she is better than anyone else that doesn't act, believe and live like her. The ultimate bigot of the type that gives Christians a bad name. I hate generalizations and stereotyping, especially about a large group of people. I would bet most Christians in the South would not have any problem with letting their kids play with your daughter.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FearYourMind

It's the ignorance of the whole religion subject that pisses me off.

How can someone believe that God and the Angels came here and created this planet but not believe in alien life? If you aren't from here terrestrially, as we are told God isn't, then they are extraterrestrial. It really is that simple to comprehend but many refuse to do so.

I too was assumed ungodly because I believe in other life beyond ours.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Most if not all Christians have to understand is that God doesn't seem to go for the good and decent people but for some reason likes a challenge and saves sinners .Paul said he was chief but I am sure there are many that could stand in that line .When we become Christians the work begins and goes on for our whole life .Some of the nastiness we may be suffering from God will in dew time address and fix . He is the one in control and we all seem to develop in differing speeds and directions . You really should watch out for the cookie cutter Christians because they may be man made Christians . a reply to: spirit_horse

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Southern Christians Won't Let My Daughter Play With Their Kids....Guess Why

As a born and raised southerner/Baptist; why am I not surprised?

Growing up I was forbidden to play with Hispanics, Blacks, Presbyterians, fat kids, children with single parents,
Military brats, children with cross eyes that wore glasses and children from poor families even if they were Baptists.

The Baptist spiritual arrogance is mind boggling. I was disowned by my parents when I was 16 for expressing an interest in going
to ART school. Can you imagine?
edit on 4-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Wow. That is ridiculous. I couldn't imagine living like that. I live close to Lynchburg, TN, so I know a whole lot of people like that. I get stares at certain stores. They call the Eastern Indians that own the gas stations here Muslims. I tell them, they are not Muslims, they are Hindu. But regardless of what I tell them, they still sit around complaining about how the Muslims are taking over all of their businesses in town.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I'm originally from Minnesota, still live in the northern tier of states.. Trust me, this kind of thing would get you funny looks up here too, not just in the southern states. Although most of us like to think we're open minded, you have a diversity of groups up here, such as Mennonites, Hutterites, etc.... And there are just certain things you keep to yourself or a known group of friends who believe as you do.

edit on 12/4/2014 by SweetKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Kids are innocent and shouldn't be subjected to rejection because of their parent's beliefs

Not according to the bible...they carry Adams sin!.

I told my daughter she can be whatever or whoever she wants to be when she grows up

Wow...really...how scary. Quick more hell and damnation for you.

I jest...I hate fundamentalists/born again/trinitarians theology...

Its sad that children are indoctrinated and used by their parents in projecting their world view. Sound like you've got a lot of deprogramming to do.

This is why I believe that religion should not be taught to anyone say under the age of say 16

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

They call the Eastern Indians that own the gas stations here Muslims. I tell them, they are not Muslims, they are Hindu

Ok but then you say

from ancient Sumerian tablets that described similar events, such as the great flood and Noahs ark for example. But, the Bible has been revised and edited over and over and over again throughout history

How can you then not see that Baal was transformed in jehovah?

AS to the revision bit how do you know who you are actually worshipping?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It's not even a religious matter, it is a stupidity matter.

Been through almost the same thing because my wife and I are smokers, and just because of that fact, my daughter was basically black balled from playing with other kids where we were living.
Totally unfair to her and they even would make fun of her because of it.

Some people are just dumb.
Period.

edit on 4-12-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

We stay away from the "Religion". It's a personal relationship with God. You wouldn't understand unless you too had one. I feel sorry for those who don't have God in their life. I'll pray for you. The spirit of hate will try to destroy you, so finding peace within yourself will allow you not to hate anymore regardless of who or what you like.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Oudoceus
I compare them to the Puritans who first came to America. They believe that they are the only ones going to Heaven and that it is their duty to prevent others from exercising their free will while being perfectly free to exercise their own.a reply to: Nyiah

That's a good way to put it, actually, they are kind of like hypocritical modern Puritans.

The only contact my mom ever had with them was a knock on our door and the dad saying "I hear you people like cats. We have one we don't want and you can have." Seriously. The basic neighborly hellos & waves going to or coming from work went over like a fart in church (pun intended) But dumping their cat on us was somehow within the range of acceptable contact. o.O She was a damn good cat, though, my mom ended up giving her to an old folks' home some years later because her personality was that laid back & she thought she could do more good there than on our laps. Last I heard, the staff thought she was a perfect fit as the Home's resident cat. At least something good came out of the stuffy jerks in that house.

Did anyone consider how "good" it was for the cat to be passed around like a used chair? I'm always amazed that people think animals exist purely for the use of humans. Oh, that's right, that's a Christian belief.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FearYourMind

The Bible wasn't necessarily "made up", but rather passed down from ancient Sumerian tablets that described similar events, such as the great flood and Noahs ark for example. But, the Bible has been revised and edited over and over and over again throughout history. This doesn't nullify the word of the Bible. Chuck Missler does a good job translating the Bible back to it's original meaning. Books like Enoch were left out of the Bible and that is a fascinating book to read.

Just because a story is passed down doesn't make it fact. There is simply no testable evidence proving that the major claims of the Bible are based on fact. Exactly how does Chuck Missler (or anyone else) translate the Bible back to it's original meaning when no original copies exist?

As for your daughter's situation, you might consider moving so she doesn't have to grow up in that environment. If the area where you live is infested with these people, it's not like this is going to be an isolated incident.

I haven't watched it, but it's probably not a good idea to put a video or photos of your child online (not to mention someone else's child without the parent's permission). You are aware that there are predators online, aren't you?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Most of the time, its kids who pick their friends and parents oblige, unless the person is a criminal or dangerous influence. Kids are free and to be respected and raised to know this. And have minds of their own. No ones owns kids and can tell them they can't play with this person or that, or picks their friends or mates, unless its a big drug, shoplifting, fencing, black market, real negative issue. Even there, for some things, you help who you can and try to uplift and influence kids who are in need.

Because THAT is what the whole life thing is about. Then you get to pass your tests and nudge others forward and you can go home away from this hellzone where hate, anger, judgements, reactions, apathy towards others, accepting programs for gain, ie houses and rich jobs, and all numbers of ways that corrupt your goodness and love shackle your advancement.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Yes Chuck Missler makes sense sometimes. I listened to him once back in the early 2000's when he predicted that something was going to happen to the US economy due to funny money. He predicted the GFC, I didn't realise he was a preacher at first. In another session he spoke about the order in which the creatures of the world were created in Genesis. It is basically the same as evolution theories. Interesting.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I don't even know what people are on about anymore. Love thy neighbour

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join