It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southern Christians Won't Let My Daughter Play With Their Kids....Guess Why

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
So, my daughter was at school playing with a friend when another girl approached them and said "Why are you playing with her (my daughter)"
The friend said "because she's my friend". The other girl responds with "Well, my mom told me not to play with her because she's not a Christian".

WHAT? My family is very Christian. My mother and father are ordained ministers and we attend church every Sunday. We even have meetings at our home once a month that many people from church attend.

So, this is the deal. The girl who said this to my daughter was at her birthday party with her mom here at my house. The mom asked my wife "What does your husband do?" My wife said "He's a UFOlogist". So, from there she assumed I was a occultist of some sort and that our family was Godless.

I've been accused of being a occultist before when I tried showing a video to my friend. He told me "I don't want to see any of that occult stuff". Since when is the subject of UFOlogy a occultist practice?

I believe these UFOs are Fallen Angels and that's my whole reason for studying the subject. I believe UFOs and the Bible are connected.
For instance, here's a video of one of my favorite ministers, Chuck Missler:

People of the South, I am asking you to be a little more open minded and do your research. Quit calling me a sinner simply because I am interested in a subject that I believe is linked to the Bible. Your ignorance and judgmental attacks are infuriating, but I forgive you.

I told a guy at work that I was interested in UFOlogy and he looked at me funny and never talked to me again. This is hurtful. Why is the South so judgmental? Why are you so closed minded?

Bottom line is. I don't want my beliefs do interfere with my daughters social life. I couldn't care less what people think about me, but leave my kids out of it.
edit on 4-12-2014 by FearYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: FearYourMind

I wouldn't let my daughter play with your daughter either.

First of all, because, well Chuck Missler.

Secondly, I wouldn't want her to be exposed to the idea that she should fear or hate any kind of spirituality that doesn't seem to jibe with a certain "Christian like" template.

But, I understand your frustrations. Christians seem to attack each other as much, if not more than, non-believers.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
As an abductee, I learned about half a century ago to keep my beliefs and details of my experience to myself. I wager that a lot of your being shunned involves too much sharing without a proper indication from the other person to "continue with your spiel." I've been guilty of that myself a couple of times.

Unlike you, I'm not a religious believer so I don't exactly tie UFOs and religions together into some package that includes God, fallen angels, Lucifer, etc. It seems to me for your family to do that is a surefire way to drive people and friends away. If your religion is that important to you, than that is the problem, not people of any particular region. Want proof? Go try your belief system on folks in Minnesota, etc.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

So they don't respect your beliefs or worse they single out you and your family for it.

So basicly nothing new. That has been going on ever since I was a kid and I am sure much longer.

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

My daughter has no knowledge of my studies. She simply goes to children's church once a week and is a normal 9 year old girl who makes honor roll and is well behaved.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I would let my daughter play with yours. I am an atheist. Would you let your daughter play with mine? Honestly.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I would let my daughter play with yours. I am an atheist. Would you let your daughter play with mine? Honestly.

I am an atheist also.my wife sings in the church choir every Sunday.she also takes my daughter with her every Sunday.so yeah, your daughter can play with mine.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I would definitely let our kids play together. Kids are innocent and shouldn't be subjected to rejection because of their parent's beliefs. I told my daughter she can be whatever or whoever she wants to be when she grows up. She goes to children's church because she wants to go. She likes it and looks forward to it every week.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Southern Baptists are the biggest buttholes down south by far. Growing up, they were they people who snubbed everyone else, even other Christians. We had a baptist family acrosss the street from where we lived. They weren't necessarily fundie, but their kids were only allowed to play with kids from their little baptist school and no one else. Us neighborhood kids got the Look That Cooks every time we so much as said hello to anyone in that house. And god forbid if you ever said Merry Christmas. You'd think that would be ok, but it was like it was offensive beyond measure.

Honestly, the nicest people were the Episcopalians, Lutherans, Catholics & Orthodox Catholics (flavors varied) The Episcopalians left a lifelong impression of just plain great people all around on me, I've yet to meet a jerky one. Baptists? Never met one not on their own little pedestal looking down at us ants.

Edit: And yeah, I'd let your Christian kid play with my atheist kids. If there's no active preaching/recruitment to have to abate, then there's no problem. The problem I have is just in that "kids doing to work of adults" in spreading "the word", it's not their job to do, so don't have them do it. I attended a Christian school briefly in my youth, they're just as normal as other kids unless they're brainwashed to think about only scripture at all times.
edit on 12/4/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
My daughter and family are not Bible thumpers. We are disgusted by religion and are non-denominational. We believe that God exist inside of us and not just a church or with a preacher. That's why we have meetings at our house and pray. We are very positive people and I have felt the warmth of God while praying. Tingling and a feeling of being lifted. It's amazing. I know God exists everywhere and all you have to do is ask him into your heart. I have to fall to my knees and pray. It's difficult because I am a proud man and don't like humbling myself. It took me a while to really open myself up to the Lord. Pride was my biggest problem. I love science and technology. I have a nice telescope and view the sky all the time. I believe in the Big Bang, but ask myself..."What created the Singularity that became the Big Bang?" I believe there is much more to the Big Bang and that multiverses even exist. I doubt we are the first or only universe out there.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
my kids play with everyone, but I tell them to always drop a pro-America message at some point in the day

They learn it all, we teach about Christ, Islam, the godless, free speech, the constitution, how to properly handle firearms, to always help a friend in need, to never put up with bs from anyone. But I agree with you that UFO's are related to the bible. A friend of mine pointed out some instances (I am not well versed so you will probably know better), one in Ezekiel where a description of the angel landing, with lights and smoke or something is eerily similar to landing craft of some sort.

There is also the Indus valley civilizations ancient texts practically describing nuclear attacks and kinetic weapons that destroy whole cities as the Gods in the sky bringing their fury upon the people or some sort. I believe in God, but regardless of what anyone believes, the ancients of this planet clearly had a connection to space and E.T.s as many texts and even art pretty much describe very modern and advanced technologies in a very similar manner across the globe in their own words.

Arriving in a helicopter to an undiscovered tribe in the Amazon with guns and tablets out on full display talking into headsets and polymer suits would very likely earn us the status of Gods from the heavens by them and they would likely bow down in submission just from the very shock of the sight of marvelous miracles and magic.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

Exactly, I believe these so called "ET's" described in ancient times were the Angels and Demons described in the Bible. They are one in the same.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: FearYourMind
I would definitely let our kids play together. Kids are innocent and shouldn't be subjected to rejection because of their parent's beliefs. I told my daughter she can be whatever or whoever she wants to be when she grows up. She goes to children's church because she wants to go. She likes it and looks forward to it every week.

Cool. I think some people (like the Southern Christians in the OP) are so insecure about their beliefs that they don't want any outside influence on their children. It's a shame, really, because the kids end up being over-protected and unable to deal with life's challenges. Sounds like you're doing a fine job with your daughter and I commend you for it.

I was raised Southern Baptist. Eventually, we all form our own opinions.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yeah, I grew up thinking all Christians were assholes since Southern Baptists were my only frame of reference. When I joined the Marines at 17 I discovered that it was just pretty much Southern Baptists that are assholes as far as Christians go. I compare them to the Puritans who first came to America. They believe that they are the only ones going to Heaven and that it is their duty to prevent others from exercising their free will while being perfectly free to exercise their own.a reply to: Nyiah

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Part of being a man or woman of God is accepting people of all walks of life into your life. Jesus didn't hang out with the men and women of God, he had a gang of criminals that he took in one by one and they eventually became his disciples. The Bible tells us we should do the same. Most of my friends are drug addicts or in prison right now, one in rehab. I don't shun them away simply because I found peace with God and got out of that lifestyle. They are my friends and yes, they have many problems. They don't rob people or kill, they are just addicted to pills and can't kick the habit. They need to find peace in their lives and I hope they find it one day.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm sorry this happened to you and your daughter.

As a pastors wife,
I' say that you don't want your daughter playing with children
whose minds have been poisoned by a "biblical (not)"
teaching and who would say things like that to your daughter. I
would not let my children play with a family
who is so self righteous that they feel free to hurt a little girls feelings.

If my daughters were still little girls (instead of being Moms themselves)
I'd love to have them play with your daughter.

As for UFO's
well who are we Christians to be so self-centered and conceited

to think God did not create other worlds with other people on them.

This is NOT inconsistent with the Bible, Christianity, and Christian theology.

True Christians will accept

that God could easily have created planets with "aliens" on them.

God could easily have other Christ figures for those world,

and nowhere in the Bible does it say we are alone or special within the universe.

The assumption that humans are unique in the great expanse of space

is alienist and bigoted and an extreme conceit.

edit on 10Thu, 04 Dec 2014 10:59:35 -0600am120412amk044 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
religious people are silly

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I never really knew many christians. But the few I did know.. We played together.. I remember the only thing different about them or their parents was that I couldn't "cuss" which is fine since I was a kid, but included words that weren't even bad.. I had no idea haha. Or their was one kid who wouldn't play with cards cause they were evil or something.. Lol

Still we all played together.

Christians make Christians look really bad.

I'm not religious at all, but I've had direct experiences that led me to know that God is.. Even had my ego taken down a few pegs.. You see I was judging others but I was being hypocritical and not noticing how I was treating people.. I was hit over the head with that truth.. If only Christians knew that one. You're not better than other people and if think you are you are falling away from Love.

Quit being judgey.. God no likey.

By the way Occult means Hidden. There is information hidden in parables in the bible. They were hiding things from the Romans. The Bible is an Occult book.

I also connect UFOs and demons or whatever. I also believe there are people on other worlds all over. But my own UFO experience was too weird and it mirrored my demonic encounters too well. One key was that my brother couldn't seem to see the UFO which was HUGE. There was some mind manipulation going on so it's all hard to remember..

I still feel like it was a craft, but at the same time was it even there? It lit up the whole beach but it made no sound. And then it was just gone. My memory just cuts out. But it doesn't feel like my memory cut out because I was still on the beach "moments" later, but maybe it wasn't moments.

But Kids are Kids.. They shouldn't be concerned with such things.. I'm related to some mountain people baptists.. They ended up pushing everyone away cause we were all going to Hell in a hand basket.. Or whatever.. They always seemed quite Evil, and anyone who tries to scare Kids with Eternal Fire is NOT ok by me.

I thought the bible was Love thy Neighbor, even your enemies.. Not Hate your brother and cast stones.. Maybe I read that wrong.

edit on 4-12-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

I don't necessarily believe the UFOs here are aliens from another planet, but rather the Fallen Angels that God cast out onto Earth. It's in Revelation 7-9 Chapter 12. God also described these Fallen Angels as "beings of Light" and most legit UFO videos are these orbs of light. They've been seen at our military nuclear weapons facilities and high ranking officers have testified over and over again about these incidents where these lights were tampering with our nukes. So, there is much more to that but that is just a short summary of it all.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
A little thinking about your situation I can understand both sides of situation . Don't let what seems to divide you from your brothers and sisters because ,like science we spiritual creatures are making new discoveries from the Word of Truth .My latest discovery is about the Temple .This discovery which I deem very big will help usher in the Anti-Christ . Remember that the temple has to be built and what seemed to be a obstruction had to deal with the Temple Mount . This new reality will for ever change so much about our understanding of what we have come to believe as truth .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join