It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Thoughts On The Singularity Of All Things & Transhumanism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well I think it can be moderated to a certain extent but only for ones own country, USA has no control over what other governments may wish to do in the fields of technology. So if the US doesnt develop higher tech other countries definatly will, it will give an edge to whoever has it.

Instead of an arms race, we may eventually see a technology race with nanotechnology and biotechnology being the main points of focus.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

A city of supercomputing nanobot swarms taking the forms of whatever we desired, or even becoming part of our own biological anatomy .

i have had this conversation with others. it has been suggested that if we were to successfully develop AI and expose it to organic technology, Skynet might end up being a sort of technofungi that assimilates all organic matter by replacing it, piece by piece, with itself, on a molecular level, until there is no life on earth except that of the technofungus.

All hail the Spore...
edit on 12-7-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
So I got over my fear of the species creating our destroyers long ago. We've got too many toys to do that ourselves already.

I mean really think about this for a second. Millions of species come and gone, and we are in the process of jacking with this cycle of life, what not better than to create our successors to travel on after we have gone to our furthest point?

In reality, some sort of hybridization is more likely. I imagine a day where the only people that matter are teched out, and the line becomes quite blurry between what came first in the being you're interacting with. Did the bot get human features, or did the human get bot features?

It's all a bunch of noms far as I'm concerned. Fear not, the future doesn't care and will persist regardless of your petty beliefs.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
I imagine a day where the only people that matter are teched out, and the line becomes quite blurry between what came first in the being you're interacting with.

That's sounds like warfare will be brewing between the "haves" and the "have nots because "Singularity tech" will be available solely for the "owners of capital" to use as they please.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

A city of supercomputing nanobot swarms taking the forms of whatever we desired, or even becoming part of our own biological anatomy .

i have had this conversation with others. it has been suggested that if we were to successfully develop AI and expose it to organic technology, Skynet might end up being a sort of technofungi that assimilates all organic matter by replacing it, piece by piece, with itself, on a molecular level, until there is no life on earth except that of the technofungus.

All hail the Spore...

I see no reason that biology cant be simulated and improved upon at the atomic level, here is a video about that in the form of a song. I think it could very well be our next step in evolution.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: boohoo

The have's can decimate the have not's right now (go murika, for example). Only going to be more so in the future. I think the have's can simply leave the have nots here to rot on this planet. If you don't like the party, leave. We'll see how the have nots fend for their selves. They can create their utopia of yesterday that never was, except they'll likely collapse to the stone age instead.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

They can create their utopia of yesterday that never was, except they'll likely collapse to the stone age instead.

Ah...but that's my point Singularity, AI, Robotics and Mind Clones can't exist in a "stone age" (this ISN'T Shadowrun or Rifts, its real life where the economy has to support the cyborg maintenance infrastructure). If the 1st world financial system collapses, the Singularity, AI, Robotics and Mind Clones, etc, will go with it. Those whom are investing in fantasies like going "full cyborg", nanobots or getting micro cellphone/computer implants in their bodies are going to be VERY sorry when the medical community is not sophisticated enough to maintain or remove the devices, post an economic depression, after the whole support system goes kaput.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: boohoo

I'm not going to follow your trendline, there are too many alternatives.

Try to read my post again.

Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: boohoo

They can create their utopia of yesterday that never was, except they'll likely collapse to the stone age instead.

Ah...but that's my point Singularity, AI, Robotics and Mind Clones can't exist in a "stone age" (this ISN'T Shadowrun or Rifts, its real life where the economy has to support the cyborg maintenance infrastructure). If the 1st world financial system collapses, the Singularity, AI, Robotics and Mind Clones, etc, will go with it. Those whom are investing in fantasies like going "full cyborg", nanobots or getting micro cellphone/computer implants in their bodies are going to be VERY sorry when the medical community is not sophisticated enough to maintain or remove the devices, post an economic depression, after the whole support system goes kaput.

that's assuming that all organizations are equal in a collapsing economy. its very probable that the most critical (or well-off) institutions will have insulated themselves against such an outcome and would survive an economic crash. unfortunately, this would impede their progress but not ruin it...whereas our progress would suffer the worst. could explain how the military got so far ahead with their tech.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

that's assuming that all organizations are equal in a collapsing economy. its very probable that the most critical (or well-off) institutions will have insulated themselves against such an outcome and would survive an economic crash. unfortunately, this would impede their progress but not ruin it...whereas our progress would suffer the worst. could explain how the military got so far ahead with their tech.

Please reread my earlier posts, I made a clear distinction between what will be accessible to the "Owners of Capital" and what would be accessible to the "peon wage slaves".

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Just think of smart robots flying around building things for us, forming our own personal smart swarm droids.

Now they are making a small number of patterns but later perhaps they could build entire cities and become our new building materials. Imagine a house made of smart robots.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Transhumanism is a trojan horse that contains skynet. It will be the end of humanity.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ian2day
Transhumanism is a trojan horse that contains skynet. It will be the end of humanity.

Haha no its the begining of divinity!

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

that, sir, is an ignorant statement. you know literally nothing of what it is like to be inhuman, let alone...above human, or whatever. none of us do.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

that, sir, is an ignorant statement. you know literally nothing of what it is like to be inhuman, let alone...above human, or whatever. none of us do.

When you dream you make the entire universe period, so we know what divinity is likened to.

edit on 17-7-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

When you dream you make the entire universe period, so we know what divinity is likened to.

all that fluff and no substance. like cotton candy.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Wow, you are relentless in your hatred of anything to do with the Confederacy now I find you stumping for transhumanism. Hi then, I'm your polar opposite! Machines have been making our lives easier for some time though I daresay we have gone beyond the point where they are helpful in to the realm of them being hurtful. The required materials to create them is destroying the planet wholesale. All technology does today is enable those in power to hold even more power over the rest of us.

Give me pure, unadulterated nature - as it was created. As WE were created. Any deviation from that state becomes an unnatural influence that further removes us from nature itself. We are not gods and thinking ourselves to be is about as dangerous as it gets. Ghengis Khan and Hitler deemed themselves to be god-like. Fortunately, neither had sufficient technology to overcome the resistance by the outside world.

Technology will not solve our problems, indeed it will only exacerbate them at this point. Our future hangs on technology and I believe we will soon see a great culling of human life on this planet. Given the right tech Hitler's dream could have come true. Too bad there's so many new Hitlers waiting in the wings for science to give legs to their dreams.

Nature is the source of all life.
You need to immerse yourself in it to understand what you are promoting trying to get away from.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Wow, you are relentless in your hatred of anything to do with the Confederacy now I find you stumping for transhumanism. Hi then, I'm your polar opposite! Machines have been making our lives easier for some time though I daresay we have gone beyond the point where they are helpful in to the realm of them being hurtful. The required materials to create them is destroying the planet wholesale. All technology does today is enable those in power to hold even more power over the rest of us.

Give me pure, unadulterated nature - as it was created. As WE were created. Any deviation from that state becomes an unnatural influence that further removes us from nature itself. We are not gods and thinking ourselves to be is about as dangerous as it gets. Ghengis Khan and Hitler deemed themselves to be god-like. Fortunately, neither had sufficient technology to overcome the resistance by the outside world.

Technology will not solve our problems, indeed it will only exacerbate them at this point. Our future hangs on technology and I believe we will soon see a great culling of human life on this planet. Given the right tech Hitler's dream could have come true. Too bad there's so many new Hitlers waiting in the wings for science to give legs to their dreams.

Nature is the source of all life.
You need to immerse yourself in it to understand what you are promoting trying to get away from.

Ha look into my posts I am into alot of stuff, not just talking about the confederacy, now as to your point on transhumanism I do have something to say I think that. . . . . . . . . . . .

As people evolve in every manner so will our technology.

However if people devolve so will technology.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

As people evolve in every manner so will our technology.

However if people devolve so will technology.

That is where I fear we are - devolving.
Those in power own the technology and all they want is more power and control.
When killing becomes automated by machinery (think drones) the whole terminator scenario could become frighteningly real.

Your position implies that we must trust those who control the technology.
I look around at governments today and do not trust any of them.

I like that you have an optimistic view on it all.
I wish I were as trusting as yourself sometimes.
Cheers,
ATA

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join