It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Thoughts On The Singularity Of All Things & Transhumanism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Found this amazing interview with Michio Kaku from RT on transhumanism recording thoughts and inserting them into people and animals. Meaning eventually we could learn and experience everything ever recorded! Now get a time machine and record everything and whalaa you have all knowledge eva!

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
So something I think would be really cool for the public is a way to store our spirits and be reborn as we wish something like they have in Battle Star Galactica.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

It is quite an incredible notion - it would be great! I have had dreams and intuitions about this sort of thing. It is like a "Singularity archetype" that pops up in many, many science-fiction stories. One of my personal favorite is the 'Holodeck' from Star Trek: The Next Generation. Living in a computer-generated reality of your own choice. Of course, "your own choice" would have to stretch beyond simply our linear/ego perceptions, otherwise it could end up being a nightmare reality gone haywire, like in Vanilla Sky or countless Philip K. Dick novels. I guess it would require a massive reorganization of one's psyche/soul, or a certain type of individual for this to work? The younger generation who has grown up with high-tech computers, video games and the internet since birth probably have the neural circuitry to construct amazing virtual realities.

Many variations on the 4-D rebirth body: Avatar, Fire in the Sky, The Matrix, The Visitors, and especially in the alien abduction literature, particularly the testimony of Jim Sparks and his book The Keepers. In his scenario, the process involved an astral body extraction and education into learning a new visual/telepathic language which would help his (eventual?) existence in a virtual reality world where he would need to use his mind to move objects etc. Fire in the Sky is also based on an alien abduction story and has a scene where Travis Walton finds himself in a human body storage facility aboard a UFO where he appears to be hooked up biomechanically, similar to what was depicted in The Matrix.

Other anecdotal evidence about similar themes comes from Terence and Dennis McKenna's infamous astral body experiments in the Amazon jungle, when Dennis stated that there was a UFO in geosynchronous orbit with the Earth that his astral body was going to merge with or board. Whitley Strieber also discusses death and the afterlife having a strong correlation to UFO encounters. A scene from the mini-series 'Taken' also shows a recently deceased person on board a craft, and slowly morphing into a typical alien grey. Philip Corso Jr. has also stated that the Extraterrestrial Biological Entities purported to be from the infamous Roswell crash, were in fact programmed life-forms or biological robots that were designed for space travel (since homo sapiens cannot survive outside "friendly space" due to radiation). He also said these beings had 2 separate brains, one biological and one "laced with crystal electronics and integrated circuits" and were thought to be the link-up to the crafts to help navigate through space AND time.

Jacques Vallee, one of the pioneers of the internet as well as leading UFO researcher, has also alluded to astral body extraction and rebirth in his TED Talk called 'The Age of the Impossible: Anticipating Discontinuous Futures'. This information about body resuscitation and possible spirit migrations from one (dimension) body to another was also depicted around the same time in the movie Transcendence with Johnny Depp.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
2 cryptic clues:

W.C.K.D. is Good (The Maze Runner 1)

Long Live the New Flesh (Videodrome)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: corsair00

It is quite an incredible notion - it would be great! I have had dreams and intuitions about this sort of thing. It is like a "Singularity archetype" that pops up in many, many science-fiction stories. One of my personal favorite is the 'Holodeck' from Star Trek: The Next Generation. Living in a computer-generated reality of your own choice. Of course, "your own choice" would have to stretch beyond simply our linear/ego perceptions, otherwise it could end up being a nightmare reality gone haywire, like in Vanilla Sky or countless Philip K. Dick novels. I guess it would require a massive reorganization of one's psyche/soul, or a certain type of individual for this to work? The younger generation who has grown up with high-tech computers, video games and the internet since birth probably have the neural circuitry to construct amazing virtual realities.

Many variations on the 4-D rebirth body: Avatar, Fire in the Sky, The Matrix, The Visitors, and especially in the alien abduction literature, particularly the testimony of Jim Sparks and his book The Keepers. In his scenario, the process involved an astral body extraction and education into learning a new visual/telepathic language which would help his (eventual?) existence in a virtual reality world where he would need to use his mind to move objects etc. Fire in the Sky is also based on an alien abduction story and has a scene where Travis Walton finds himself in a human body storage facility aboard a UFO where he appears to be hooked up biomechanically, similar to what was depicted in The Matrix.

Other anecdotal evidence about similar themes comes from Terence and Dennis McKenna's infamous astral body experiments in the Amazon jungle, when Dennis stated that there was a UFO in geosynchronous orbit with the Earth that his astral body was going to merge with or board. Whitley Strieber also discusses death and the afterlife having a strong correlation to UFO encounters. A scene from the mini-series 'Taken' also shows a recently deceased person on board a craft, and slowly morphing into a typical alien grey. Philip Corso Jr. has also stated that the Extraterrestrial Biological Entities purported to be from the infamous Roswell crash, were in fact programmed life-forms or biological robots that were designed for space travel (since homo sapiens cannot survive outside "friendly space" due to radiation). He also said these beings had 2 separate brains, one biological and one "laced with crystal electronics and integrated circuits" and were thought to be the link-up to the crafts to help navigate through space AND time.

Jacques Vallee, one of the pioneers of the internet as well as leading UFO researcher, has also alluded to astral body extraction and rebirth in his TED Talk called 'The Age of the Impossible: Anticipating Discontinuous Futures'. This information about body resuscitation and possible spirit migrations from one (dimension) body to another was also depicted around the same time in the movie Transcendence with Johnny Depp.

Just imagine being able to shapeshift into whatever form you liked because the cells of your body and mind shaped themselves according to your desire. No more racism if everyone can look like anyone or anything they please. That would be awesome!

The idea that we may also be simulations of our astral and casual selves is an interesting one as well. Or we may be a simulation of other humans, as computer code has been found in the building blocks of our reality.

Just think all knowledge could be in the cloud and we could become all knowing with a simple download, we could have endless knowledge which is always increasing as new experiences throught space and time become infinate.

Our minds like quantum computers could see all variable outcomes and choose the wisest choices in accordance with our desired outcomes.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Our minds like quantum computers could see all variable outcomes and choose the wisest choices in accordance with our desired outcomes.

Yes, that makes sense. A quantum computing mind could help steer us away from nasty and dangerous stuff out there and keep us flying with V.R. pixie dust. Ideally.

I have heard some of the science behind knowledge downloaded into the brain from the theoretical physicist Lt. Col. Tom Bearden. Lots of mind-blowing research I have learned from him. I love the idea of downloading vast quantities of information. As long as it's not illegal or whatever... LOL

I had a dream once where a fairly well-known personality was testing out this quantum computer on me through my mind. I was trying to broadcast 'Alice in Wonderland', but it was skipping like a scratched disc. He demonstrated a substantial amount of patience with me, but may have been forcing it. Then I noticed the quantum computer control panel and realized that I could choose any variation of reality and have it pop up as a 3D hologram. I think at that time I decided to explore variations on my sexuality, as most any man would probably do with relatively limitless possibilities. At first - until we transcended humanness. After that, I'm sure more cosmic exploration would ensue...

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Yes, that makes sense. A quantum computing mind could help steer us away from nasty and dangerous stuff out there and keep us flying with V.R. pixie dust. Ideally.

I have heard some of the science behind knowledge downloaded into the brain from the theoretical physicist Lt. Col. Tom Bearden. Lots of mind-blowing research I have learned from him. I love the idea of downloading vast quantities of information. As long as it's not illegal or whatever... LOL

I had a dream once where a fairly well-known personality was testing out this quantum computer on me through my mind. I was trying to broadcast 'Alice in Wonderland', but it was skipping like a scratched disc. He demonstrated a substantial amount of patience with me, but may have been forcing it. Then I noticed the quantum computer control panel and realized that I could choose any variation of reality and have it pop up as a 3D hologram. I think at that time I decided to explore variations on my sexuality, as most any man would probably do with relatively limitless possibilities. At first - until we transcended humanness. After that, I'm sure more cosmic exploration would ensue...

Well many believe the brain is similar to a quantum computer, if public technology could allow us to use that ability the sky aint the limit no more. Just think seeing an infinate variety of dimentions and choosing the one that fits best into the action you want to take from one moment to the next. Ill take door number one!

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

This brain machine interface looks promising.

I bet they will become the next joystick for video games FTW.(For The Win!)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Amazing. Yes, that would be brilliant for video games. Maybe they are already working on them. An epic game called 'Spiritual Battle of the Psidons' or something along those lines.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Amazing. Yes, that would be brilliant for video games. Maybe they are already working on them. An epic game called 'Spiritual Battle of the Psidons' or something along those lines.

Its supposed to be out within a year so the end of 2015, I am guessing for computers as well as video games like PS4 and such, but am unsure.

Ill have to look into it.

But hey think of all the ways something like this could help society, cops could have these in thier helmets and we could always know if they ever lied like a lie detector test.

They say in the next decade or so these will be able to aid in lucid dreaming and record your dreams as well as implant a dream you desire to have.

I am guessing this will take the place of TV once they get it working correctly.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Here Ray Kurzweil interviews Eric Drexler they have a very open mind to where this technology could go in the near and distant future. Just think of all the amazing things this technology could do to help every civilization on the face of the earth.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

If this stuff doesn't put the fear of God in people? They must
be completely and forever desensitized, deaf, dumb and blind
to the point of being overly obnoxious. In a word, stupid.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I cant wait for our society to get into the next gear off of Honeybooboo and onto transhumanism superhumanism!

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skaffa
I'm just trying to make you a little bit more skeptical because i see a lot of people becoming really excited for this, these people will likely accept anything transhuman without considering the effects it might have and mostly where it comes from. Who made it? Did they make it to better the human species or to make profits? Because the former reason is hard to find and the latter often does not have your best interest at heart.

EXACTLY, people are forgetting that this tech can be used VERY effectively to further indentured servitude.

How is that you may ask?

Remember when cell phones were actually fun?

I do, the phone was a huge and needed to be carried in a bag, BUT my boss NEVER called me on it, after typical work hours and certainly never to ask me to do more work while I was at home. Compare that to today, when a cell phone in your pocket can spontaneously generate more work to be done outside of the office, simply because someone higher up than you had a random thought.

Now how does this scenario play into life-extension tech, AI and the Singularity?

Right now most Americans are expected to and are coerced by employment requirements to buy/finance a car, buy/finance education, buy/finance healthcare, buy/finance insurance and eventually buy/finance a home of some kind.

What do you think the "Owners of Capital" will do when life-extension tech becomes a commercial product?

They will simply coerce people to buy it, even if the recipient doesn't want to have the procedure done and the methods used to coerce the general populace in the United States, will not require any additional lobbying or law changes on the behalf of the "Owners of Capital".

Imagine a world where life-extension tech is sold and financed to regular people, over long repayment periods, to people that don't have the ability to pay for it, in cash, up front, similar to a cars, education or home mortgages.

Want to opt-out? Sure you have the "choice" to do anything you want. We are a "free country" after all.

Imagine the unfolding of the following fictional scenarios, resulting from a person "choosing" to NOT have the life-extension procedure:

Do you want health insurance? Sorry, but we don't insure people whom have not had the life-extension procedure. However, there is another provider that we can refer you to that will, with a high deductible and high premium, so as to reduce the coverage risk of your shorter life span, to the provider.

Want to get a job? Sorry, but we don't hire people whom have not had the life-extension procedure, they cost more to insure and are uninsured in some cases. We don't consider this discrimination however because its no different than requiring you to have a car or a driver license. Especially with the Supreme Court declaring that those refusing the life-extension procedure are not disabled, nor are a protected class.

Do you need a credit card or a business loan? Sorry, but we have to charge you a higher interest rate because our actuaries have found that people whom have not had the life-extension procedure are a higher risk, have higher unemployment rates and have lower profit margins, due to a shorter life expectancy.

Do you need a bank account or cell/internet/communication service plan? Sorry, but we don't open accounts to people whom have not had the life-extension procedure, they cost significantly more to service, due to not being plugged directly into the system.

Need any more examples?

Remember this is America, we have no labor protection, no union representation and no access to collective bargaining. In situations like this we are sheep to be slaughtered. Mark my words, Europeans will fare MUCH better when such tech becomes reality.
edit on 13-1-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: boohoo

originally posted by: Skaffa

I'm just trying to make you a little bit more skeptical because i see a lot of people becoming really excited for this, these people will likely accept anything transhuman without considering the effects it might have and mostly where it comes from. Who made it? Did they make it to better the human species or to make profits? Because the former reason is hard to find and the latter often does not have your best interest at heart.

EXACTLY, people are forgetting that this tech can be used VERY effectively to further indentured servitude.

How is that you may ask?

Remember when cell phones were actually fun?

I do, the phone was a huge and needed to be carried in a bag, BUT my boss NEVER called me on it, after typical work hours and certainly never to ask me to do more work while I was at home. Compare that to today, when a cell phone in your pocket can spontaneously generate more work to be done outside of the office, simply because someone higher up than you had a random thought.

Now how does this scenario play into life-extension tech, AI and the Singularity?

Right now most Americans are expected to and are coerced by employment requirements to buy/finance a car, buy/finance education, buy/finance healthcare, buy/finance insurance and eventually buy/finance a home of some kind.

What do you think the "Owners of Capital" will do when life-extension tech becomes a commercial product?

They will simply coerce people to buy it, even if the recipient doesn't want to have the procedure done and the methods used to coerce the general populace in the United States, will not require any additional lobbying or law changes on the behalf of the "Owners of Capital".

Imagine a world where life-extension tech is sold and financed to regular people, over long repayment periods, to people that don't have the ability to pay for it, in cash, up front, similar to a cars, education or home mortgages.

Want to opt-out? Sure you have the "choice" to do anything you want. We are a "free country" after all.

Imagine the unfolding of the following fictional scenarios, resulting from a person "choosing" to NOT have the life-extension procedure:

Do you want health insurance? Sorry, but we don't insure people whom have not had the life-extension procedure. However, there is another provider that we can refer you to that will, with a high deductible and high premium, so as to reduce the coverage risk of your shorter life span, to the provider.

Want to get a job? Sorry, but we don't hire people whom have not had the life-extension procedure, they cost more to insure and are uninsured in some cases. We don't consider this discrimination however because its no different than requiring you to have a car or a driver license. Especially with the Supreme Court declaring that those refusing the life-extension procedure are not disabled, nor are a protected class.

Do you need a credit card or a business loan? Sorry, but we have to charge you a higher interest rate because our actuaries have found that people whom have not had the life-extension procedure are a higher risk, have higher unemployment rates and have lower profit margins, due to a shorter life expectancy.

Do you need a bank account or cell/internet/communication service plan? Sorry, but we don't open accounts to people whom have not had the life-extension procedure, they cost significantly more to service, due to not being plugged directly into the system.

Need any more examples?

Remember this is America, we have no labor protection, no union representation and no access to collective bargaining. In situations like this we are sheep to be slaughtered. Mark my words, Europeans will fare MUCH better when such tech becomes reality.

Nanotechnology will be a communists dream because it will enable nanobots to grow exponentially. Meaning doesnt cost a thing to build a city or a whole world for that matter.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Nanotechnology will be a communists dream because it will enable nanobots to grow exponentially. Meaning doesnt cost a thing to build a city or a whole world for that matter.

"doesn't cost a thing" is not the same as "doesn't CHARGE a fee"

This screams "capitalists dream" because the cost to "do the project" is low, so profit margin can be very high, especially if the tech and production process is proprietary.
edit on 13-1-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

"doesn't cost a thing" is not the same as "doesn't CHARGE a fee"

This screams "capitalists dream" because the cost to "do the project" is low, so profit margin can be very high, especially if the tech and production process is proprietary.

What might be right for some may not be right for all.

Meaning this technology will most likely be used by some communist minded governments and surpass by leaps and bounds any capitalist governments.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Meaning this technology will most likely be used by some communist minded governments and surpass by leaps and bounds any capitalist governments.

STOP saying communist, the term you are searching for is FASCIST.

First, AI is going to make regular people jobless
Second, it is going to steal our liberty and freedoms
Third, it will make human life valueless to the true "Owners of Capital", many of whom are Closeted Fascists

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

STOP saying communist, the term you are searching for is FASCIST.

First, AI is going to make regular people jobless

Second, it is going to steal our liberty and freedoms

Third, it will make human life valueless to the true "Owners of Capital", many of whom are Closeted Fascists

Lolz off to a cave with you you can camp out for the rest of your life if you dont like technology.

My point is that technology isnt based on wealth, its based on the self effort to make it.
Some governments use capatilism and you have the rich and poor, meaning the rich can afford technology, while the poor cannot.
Other governments may ignore this and give equally to all thus reaping a greater yield of technology for all.

Now the technology employed by both governments will be similar or the same, however one will grow far beyond the other due to the widespread use of technology they will basically be giving it away, while the other wont grow because the rich will be the only ones with the wealth to buy tech and afford to invest in more technological innovation.

No technology wont take your job, nor will it steal your illusionary freedom.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I kinda think if we jumped ahead in time 2000-3000 years we would see a society based energy and non physical structures like a hollow deck world. Perhaps humans are destined to become like the Q from Star Trek.. . . . .

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join