It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interview With A.....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
So many questions, and where to begin? Close my eyes, and let them come. It doesn't matter what your [alignment] is, if you feel like answering some questions and talking about some things, right on. If not, this too shall pass?

1) What is "The Light"? There is so much emphasis being placed on this thoughtform/concept, clearly i'm missing something. I'm trying to see it, but there is SO much superficiality.

2) What is "The Force"? I've been having experiences that defy rationality. I feel as though I must be going mad, yet I feel so *together(for lack of a better description).

3) Is there a relationship between "The Light" and "The Force"? If yes, what is it? If no, why not?

4) I certainly don't want to come across as confrontational, but I wonder, just who decides what a *good* man is? What is a "good man"?

5) This may seem like a directed question, but it really is for any and all. If i'm already *good*, why do I need to be *better*? Does *good* require *better*, or does *worse* require *better*?

6) Who/What is "The Creator"? I thought I had some idea, but.....

7) Is the following passage pertinent when considering the above questions?:
Matthew 19:14New International Version (NIV)
14 Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

I think that's a perfect start for this thread of Thought. Although I would like to leave two markers for your consideration.

This may not be your kind of vibe, but the *words speak for themselves. Listen, don't, it all works out in the end. I think...

Anyone have any thoughts/answers/suggestions/questions, or is the approach all wrong?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Looking506

Join the dark side of the force. Feeellllll it's power.
Plus they have cooler lightsabers.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Join the dark side of the force. Feeellllll it's power.
Plus they have cooler lightsabers.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I pass it everytime by just clenching my buttcheeks

(Works with lie detectors also
).

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
For me, my beliefs have nothing to do with these popular buzz words, tarnished by Hollywood.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I pass it everytime by just clenching my buttcheeks

(Works with lie detectors also
).

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: beforemorning
For me, my beliefs have nothing to do with these popular buzz words, tarnished by Hollywood.

That sounds a little resentful?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Looking506

So many questions, and where to begin? Close my eyes, and let them come. It doesn't matter what your [alignment] is, if you feel like answering some questions and talking about some things, right on. If not, this too shall pass?

1) What is "The Light"? There is so much emphasis being placed on this thoughtform/concept, clearly i'm missing something. I'm trying to see it, but there is SO much superficiality.

Light is knowledge

2) What is "The Force"? I've been having experiences that defy rationality. I feel as though I must be going mad, yet I feel so *together(for lack of a better description).

Something Luke Sywalker used to good and Darth Vader used for Evil. (otherwise, I don't know)

3) Is there a relationship between "The Light" and "The Force"? If yes, what is it? If no, why not?

Knowledge can never be a bad thing.

4) I certainly don't want to come across as confrontational, but I wonder, just who decides what a *good* man is? What is a "good man"?

You decide. Only you know what you do when nobody is watching. If your actions in public are good, then society will view you as a good person. But plenty of men act good when they are being watched, and aren't so good when the lights are low.
Personal responsibility. Know Thyself.

5) This may seem like a directed question, but it really is for any and all. If i'm already *good*, why do I need to be *better*? Does *good* require *better*, or does *worse* require *better*?

All of us can be better. Better than what you ask? Better than yourself. Think on that for a bit.

The one who made everything. We don't know if he is a who, or a what, or if "he" is even a "he", but when we look around at the beauty of nature and the vastness of the heavens, it's hard to imagine it all being just a random coincidence. Thus, a creator to admire and thank. (and from what I hear, he doesn't mind what you call him, as long as you call him.

14 Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

I think children are innocent to the sin we as adults know. They have done nothing to offend and deserve every chance to be great. Most adults can help themselves if they chose to do so, but children don't have that option. So it's up to us as adults to look out for them. (IMHO)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Nothing will ever pass, enlightenment is eternal.

1) THe Light is the sun. Power. Daylight brings power and power brings the needs to make to to the next day. Surviving the night is the reason for the Light. It's brightness gives a shine on things to look forward to.

2) The Force is the synchronistic nature of the everything in our lives. We feel it as we speak and our words echo from other sources at the time ours are heard. We live it as we repeat the past, the good that has happened once will happen again, and forever more.

3) THe Light is the engine that drives the Force. As we rise every morning, our minds conquer our surroundings in familiar fashions, not forging new paths across our brains; but instead falling into synapsys of remembrance to strive for something greater.

4)A Good Man is one who strives to be the role model of society, whose actions speak only of the goodness of the past and not the remembrance of failures. The man whose mannerisms tell of dignity, kindness, and acceptance of the unknown as a trial of good and evil.

5) Bettering oneself is as simple as helping your fellow man.

6) The Creator is the designer of the future, the embodiment of the present, and the perfect imprint of the past.

7) Matthew may have been the most symbolic but, still at all times, specific to the word for word book of Jesus the Great. Naivity endures trials of Holiness.

I must be a vampire because I do not see myself in the mirror.

As for Natalie Imbruglia...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

To me the force is Taoism.
Taoists are grey Jedi...follow the light and the dark side.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'll take one of your questions on, OP, and that would be #4:
What is a good man.

My definition of a good person is one who is concerned for others, just like we are for ourselves, considering them with compassion and understanding. A good person attempts always to be honest with themselves and others, whenever possible. A good person does unto others as they would have others do unto them……
A good person makes an effort to be congruent with their environment around them, and the biological creatures therein that are sharing existence with him/her.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Some folks believe in magic(k) and I suppose you could call that "the force". But I haven't seen anything that wasn't explainable to some degree. I know you can get feelings of power, or anger, or love that transcend known reality, but those are emotions not magic.

But, I might be completely wrong on that. It happened once before.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChefSlug
6) The Creator is the designer of the future, the embodiment of the present, and the perfect imprint of the past.

I like that a lot.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I appreciate you guys stopping by to share your thoughts. The *process* requires time to, well, process. I'm going to consider the posts up to here, and come up with a decent reply. Thanks again for coming by, and for your patience.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

1) What is "The Light"?

The Light is the sublime doctrine of Divine Truth, by which a person should guide his path on his journey through life.

2) What is "The Force"?

It is the connection that we have with Nature, the Universe, and the Divine.

The Light is the understanding of the Force.

A good man is a man who guides his conduct through life by the Light.

If you did not want to become a "better" person, you probably are not "good", because if you were, you would want to be better.

The Being that Created all things.

The symbolism and allegories you choose in order to find The Light are pertinent to a person only if he/she chooses them to be so. Everybody finds the Light by studying the hidden mysteries of Nature, Science and Moral Truth in their own way.

edit on 3/12/2014 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: boymonkey74

Some folks believe in magic(k) and I suppose you could call that "the force". But I haven't seen anything that wasn't explainable to some degree. I know you can get feelings of power, or anger, or love that transcend known reality, but those are emotions not magic.

But, I might be completely wrong on that. It happened once before.

Such experiences are only magic(k) if they bring about a change in the world in conformity with our will.

Heightened emotions that transcend reality make the subconscious very/extremely/intensely suggestible for a certain period, and if the subconscious is programmed by our own will during that period, we become capable of feats which we might not normally accomplish.

This, in essence, is what occultists call Magic(k). Maybe it simply is just a hidden mystery of Science...

edit on 3/12/2014 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Right, the mirror, the name of the thread, vampires. I apologize, that was not what I was experiencing at the time. The title was a play on the name of that movie yes, but I was more about, "Interview With A ("Insert Secret Society Orientation Here, but no worries, sshhh, and all that.")" And the mirror. That was me suggesting the projection/reflection awareness, where everything you say, is really being said to yourself. And the song, well, that's a big, whatever. I like it, and i'm sure at least one other person will too. It doesn't alter the thoughtform in any significant way, unless of course, we let it.

So, the only way to reply would be one by one, as we don't all have the same orientation.

"Light is Knowledge." What I take from that is, Light is the result of the presence of electrons orbitting the protons and neutrons and is somehow equated to the consumption and/or preservation of information. I understand the rationale that all visible reality(information) is the result of light, but this only explains the material aspect of reality. Am I way off, or what do you mean to say by that? If you are speaking poetically, I would appreciate any elaboration you might have.

If knowledge can never be bad, why was it forbidden in the beginning? It almost feels like a reason was needed to oppress someone. Problem Reaction Solution? Of course, there are other things, such as insider trading for example. Using knowledge to manipulate financial gains. Definitely a bad thing.

If I decide what I do when nobody is watching, and only I know the truth of its moral grounding, then that makes me a kind of "judge", doesn't it? I would be judging myself, and that's an interesting concept to me in light of all things spiritual. On another note, it's not only me who knows what I do when nobody is watching. You can call it whatever you want, but [They're] there, and they are the only thing I am truly answerable to, and the only thing I truly fear.

"Better than yourself." I agree completely. I try to be all about self-improvement. What I question, is why I would need another to judge me to be worthy enough to be counted among. I mean, I have my suspicions about how others might be helpful, and how I might be helpful to others. But yes, I hear what you mean all the way. It never stops does it? I guess part of me wants to find a *Master* who can guide me along the way, but I can't resolve my trust issues.

You seem to prefer to look at the Creator as a male energy, while clarifying that there is room for other interpretation on that. In my own experience, it is helpful to let go of such notions. Whatever *it* is, it is constantly shifting, and tradition isn't exactly the best thing when it comes to *change/progress*, imo.

"The beauty of nature and the vastness of the heavens." Are we talking space? Or allegory? If we have a Creator to admire and thank, musn't we also have a Creator to loathe and to blame? Using the philosophy of dualism I mean. Polarity.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

If you're looking for the Luciferian answers, here's all the answers you need. It will also help you become a 33rd degree Luciferian Mason from the comfort of your home. It looks pretty, but on the inside it's actually death.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
A very smart and caring person once told me that a mirror reverses what you see but does not flip it upside down , and that no one really knows why. To thine own self be true and help will come is all I can say.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Right, the mirror, the name of the thread, vampires. I apologize, that was not what I was experiencing at the time. The title was a play on the name of that movie yes, but I was more about, "Interview With A ("Insert Secret Society Orientation Here, but no worries, sshhh, and all that.")" And the mirror. That was me suggesting the projection/reflection awareness, where everything you say, is really being said to yourself. And the song, well, that's a big, whatever. I like it, and i'm sure at least one other person will too. It doesn't alter the thoughtform in any significant way, unless of course, we let it.

So, the only way to reply would be one by one, as we don't all have the same orientation.

"Light is Knowledge." What I take from that is, Light is the result of the presence of electrons orbitting the protons and neutrons and is somehow equated to the consumption and/or preservation of information. I understand the rationale that all visible reality(information) is the result of light, but this only explains the material aspect of reality. Am I way off, or what do you mean to say by that? If you are speaking poetically, I would appreciate any elaboration you might have.

Knowledge is gaining understanding of our world, our people, and our cultures. To appreciate something, you have to understand it to some level. So gaining light, is gaining understanding, or knowledge.

If knowledge can never be bad, why was it forbidden in the beginning? It almost feels like a reason was needed to oppress someone. Problem Reaction Solution? Of course, there are other things, such as insider trading for example. Using knowledge to manipulate financial gains. Definitely a bad thing.

Knowledge was forbidden because if you control knowledge, then you can control people. Control = power. If we all knew how to make our cars run on water, we wouldn't need gas. If we didn't need gas, most of the rich folk would loose their revenue stream. So there is much to be gained by controlling knowledge. In the past, the church tried to control scientific knowledge to keep people dependent on them for answers to life's events. As long as everyone felt indebted to the church, the church held the power. (just a few examples)

If I decide what I do when nobody is watching, and only I know the truth of its moral grounding, then that makes me a kind of "judge", doesn't it? I would be judging myself, and that's an interesting concept to me in light of all things spiritual. On another note, it's not only me who knows what I do when nobody is watching. You can call it whatever you want, but [They're] there, and they are the only thing I am truly answerable to, and the only thing I truly fear.

When your Earthly body is dead, you will have to answer for what you did in your life, but while you are here, only you know what you have done. So yes, you are the judge of you. And you get to continue to be that judge until you die.

"Better than yourself." I agree completely. I try to be all about self-improvement. What I question, is why I would need another to judge me to be worthy enough to be counted among. I mean, I have my suspicions about how others might be helpful, and how I might be helpful to others. But yes, I hear what you mean all the way. It never stops does it? I guess part of me wants to find a *Master* who can guide me along the way, but I can't resolve my trust issues.

If you are able to surround yourself with other men of like mind, then you can not only have the knowledge you have acquired in life, but the knowledge and life experience of all the men around you. And you can share what you have with them. It's a beautiful system of self improvement through trying to help others. You become a better person by pure accident. Just by sharing yourself with others and they you.

You seem to prefer to look at the Creator as a male energy, while clarifying that there is room for other interpretation on that. In my own experience, it is helpful to let go of such notions. Whatever *it* is, it is constantly shifting, and tradition isn't exactly the best thing when it comes to *change/progress*, imo.

"The beauty of nature and the vastness of the heavens." Are we talking space? Or allegory? If we have a Creator to admire and thank, musn't we also have a Creator to loathe and to blame? Using the philosophy of dualism I mean. Polarity.

I have no understanding of the creator. It's mind boggling to think about it. But to make it easy to discuss it, I simplify it by calling "him" God.

Thanks for the though provoking thread and posts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join