It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interview With A.....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Looking506

"The beauty of nature and the vastness of the heavens." Are we talking space? Or allegory? If we have a Creator to admire and thank, musn't we also have a Creator to loathe and to blame? Using the philosophy of dualism I mean. Polarity.

The following post is by no means an attack on Christianity - I write it merely to inspire thought:

According to Christian doctrine, we are placed on Earth to "Praise God/Worship God/glorify God's name" - in other words, God created us for his own selfish reasons (and yes, someone who is unhappy would then also loathe God, which, in essence means that if we accept this premise, that the meaning of our life is to be happy, whatever it takes, but that's a different discussion).

However, the idea of thanking anybody/any being who has done something for their own benefit goes against everything I believe in. Good should never be for selfish reasons, even for God. God could not expect different values from us than from God's own values.

edit on 8/12/2014 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

a reply to: ChefSlug

I understand the words well enough, I just don't understand the philosophical idea that enlightenment is eternal. To me, enlightenment(state of mind/being) and eternal(measurement of time, impossible to fathom) are both man made concepts to help us relate and communicate?

Are you on earth for a purpose?

If so, that purpose (the light) must, by definition, be the most important thing of all to do.

If you had the power (the force) to achieve that purpose, would you use it? Of course, because the "purpose" comes before all else.

So how do you achieve your purpose? Answer: Get the power to do so, whatever it takes. (Of course, if the "whatever it takes" does not sit well with you, it implies, logically, that you have the wrong 'purpose' in your mind.)

Think about it...

P.S. This also explains the sentence you struggle with: "The Light is the Engine which drives the Force."

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

"A good man is one who strives to be the role model of society." From my vantage point, society is ailing, and to be a role model would mean to be sick also. When I look around, it seems that our role models are indeed sick. The trouble arrives when you hear these role models, talking about The Light.

If you truly understand "The Light", you must be the role model, not follow one.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The Light is the sublime doctrine of Divine Truth, by which a person should guide his path on his journey through life.

Sublime meaning elevated or illuminated, doctrine meaning "school of thought", Divine meaning Godlike(Heaven Sent), and Truth is clarity, perfection. Does this Truth apply to all (wo)men and if so, how does one come into the Divine Truth?

No, the same "truth" would apply to all of us if, and only if, we all had the same purpose. I do not believe that this is so.

Who guides the way?

You do - by studying the hidden mysteries of Nature and Science, the better to enable you to know your Maker, and thereby, your purpose.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

By "Being", you mean to say a life-form with intellect? I mean, totally, right? I don't know about anyone else, but, I believe it's there. That is easily the best term I've heard for referring to them, and obviously, I don't stop at the singular. I can't wrap my head around one Being being responsible for all there is. I'm still looking in spite of that.

A human body is made up of cells. Cells are made up of components such as mitochondria etc. Molecules are made up of atoms. Atoms are made up of electrons. This has its irony, for molecules and electrons have no life at all. Why do you want to break The Creator down into parts as I have just done with the human body? We exist, and that's what matters.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Where does someone come by access to the hidden mysteries? Why are they hidden?

They are hidden because we all each a different purpose, and there is no truth that applies to all. Therefore, each of us must discover our purpose for ourselves, which is done by studying the hidden mysteries of Nature, of Science, and of the Divine.

Incidentally, I wonder what you guys think of Manly Hall? I have his "Secret Teachings" book but I still haven't read it. If any of you guys can point to some relevant passages(if any) that would be great!

Fantastic book! Start at page one and work through it, even if you only do a page a day. It's difficult reading, but well worth the reward.

"Such experiences are only magic(k) if they bring about a change in the world in conformity with our will. "

That's interesting. It was my impression the change occurs within?

The change within is what those who practice Magick call "Alchemy". The result is the "Magick".

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
i kind of know what you are talking about, some times a feel it , the force, but it happens fast and when the force comes , most of the time i am not ready ………..
a reply to: Looking506

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
So three weeks later...

I just want to say thanks to you guys for taking the time to answer those questions and provide your own insights. You gave me much to think about it, and i'm still thinking about it. I guess the goal(for me) is to find out why, this, is(should be) so important to me. There are certainly more questions, but I'll need to figure out in what context they should be framed.

Next round on me

<< 1  2   >>

join