It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest ancient block confirmed, It's a Monster.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lokahi
This is a little thinking out side the box.

There is no proof or fact to this, but it is also a clue to how this might have bin done.

There is no common knowledge as to how the stones were cut and moved. In all of the Egyptian hieroglyphs and ancient writings there is nothings to say how. That is interesting in it's self for if there were thousands of people working on it there would have had to be a diary or something from some one. It is just human nature to record things and events. Just look at us right now.

It is shown in art

The absents of all or any man made structures to move the stones in any of the locations or even near by materials to show that it could have bin used, again not word of it in Egyptian hieroglyphs and ancient writings not at present. I see this as another clue .

There are ramps in the quarries and the again the AE showed the movement of stones in art

There are no mass grave sites that would show how many people worked there, that could be found. Not yet at least. But this is another clue.

There are grave sites of workers associated with the building of the pyramids

Workers village

had the ability to take any physical object and do with it what we of this modern age can not even consider possible. Maybe we are not so advanced after all, we can't do it. But they did.

Nah you've never looked at the core stones of the pyramids have you?
edit on 8/12/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The fun begins with the explanations of how it was cut and freed from the bed rock. The base of the temple platform near by has three blocks of similar dimensions and weight. Talk about flights of fancy, the Authorities in the respective fields really jump down the Rabbit hole to explain things.
Authorities resent anything that doesn't fit in their neat papers that got them doctorates and positions of authority. Look up Ooparts, Out Of Place Artifacts, and try and explain those away. The beloved explanation being someone planted it there, to make a name for themselves, confuse the exact science worked out, and so on.
I am still waiting for an explanation of I. Velkovski. In the Forties, he writes a book, and predicts that Venus will rotate the opposite way from all the other planets, the atmosphere will be largely hydrocarbon, and all will be hot. The Velkovski Affair, involve authority figures threaten book publishers with refusal to buy textbooks, if Velkovski was published.
Lastly, we could build another Hoover Dam, just in a different way. For the same reason, the World War II battleships are going to scrap. Their mechanical, analog fire control computers were left in place, after a short restoration to active naval duty, because those mechanical marvels were better than the newest computer. Just had to find old sailors, who know how to work the system. Twenty years later, think there are any old BB sailors left to instruct the modern sailors?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brandyjack
The fun begins with the explanations of how it was cut and freed from the bed rock. The base of the temple platform near by has three blocks of similar dimensions and weight. Talk about flights of fancy, the Authorities in the respective fields really jump down the Rabbit hole to explain things.

Such as?

The three larger stones are atop 6 stones of around 500 tons and they are atop a collection of smaller stones.

Here is what it probably looked like when the Roman's finished

Authorities resent anything that doesn't fit in their neat papers that got them doctorates and positions of authority. Look up Ooparts, Out Of Place Artifacts, and try and explain those away. The beloved explanation being someone planted it there, to make a name for themselves, confuse the exact science worked out, and so on.

I've yet to see an Oopart that couldn't be explained have you tried to find one that cannot be explained?

I am still waiting for an explanation of I. Velkovski. In the Forties, he writes a book, and predicts that Venus will rotate the opposite way from all the other planets, the atmosphere will be largely hydrocarbon, and all will be hot. The Velkovski Affair, involve authority figures threaten book publishers with refusal to buy textbooks, if Velkovski was published.

He was published so it would seem the authorities don't have any......wouldn't one figure that planet with a heavy cloud cover and nearer the sun to be ...hot? You also don't mention all the stuff he got wrong, why is that?

Lastly, we could build another Hoover Dam, just in a different way. For the same reason, the World War II battleships are going to scrap. Their mechanical, analog fire control computers were left in place, after a short restoration to active naval duty, because those mechanical marvels were better than the newest computer. Just had to find old sailors, who know how to work the system. Twenty years later, think there are any old BB sailors left to instruct the modern sailors?

Actually modern ballistic computers are faster the only problem was back then no one had software to support the firing of 16" guns.
edit on 9/12/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Such as?

The three larger stones are atop 6 stones of around 500 tons and they are atop a collection of smaller stones.

Here is what it probably looked like when the Roman's finished

The larger stones above the smaller may serve to provide downward pressure on the ones below but also allow sufficient expansion for any horizontal heave required at the time of construction.

I've yet to see an Oopart that couldn't be explained have you tried to find one that cannot be explained?

The amount of squabbling over pre clovis sites during Hershliger's tenure st the Smithsonian convince me of the bias academia can have though I see no grand conspiracy as phringe theorists do.

He was published so it would seem the authorities don't have any......wouldn't one figure that planet with a heavy cloud cover and nearer the sun to be ...hot? You also don't mention all the stuff he got wrong, why is that?

Being wrong with a hypothesis is not shameful, refusing to alter it in tthe face if contravening evidence is a folly though.

Actually modern ballistic computers are faster the only problem was back then no one had software to support the firing of 16" guns.

Only thing I can say here is when I read it I thought if Johnny Horton singing "The Bismark started firing 20 miles away..."

edit on 10-12-2014 by Jarocal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
While examining the large blocks a couple of questions doesn't seem to have been asked
1) Looking around the present site where were these blocks intended to be used? There should be a gap or different material used to fill up that area.
2) What does the bottom of the moved blocks look like? Any scars on the bottom should help tell the how on the movement of the blocks. Just because the outside edges are neat and flushed it does not mean that the entire underside has to be that way.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: datasdream
While examining the large blocks a couple of questions doesn't seem to have been asked
1) Looking around the present site where were these blocks intended to be used? There should be a gap or different material used to fill up that area.
2) What does the bottom of the moved blocks look like? Any scars on the bottom should help tell the how on the movement of the blocks. Just because the outside edges are neat and flushed it does not mean that the entire underside has to be that way.

Blackmarketeer, one of our posters might know this. I don't remember if the DAI touched on that subject. The bottom AFAIK cannot be seen because they are still attached to the bedrock.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

The Trilithon have never been moved, so no one can ever say for certain when the underside of those blocks looks like. The tops have been cleared off and several Roman full-scale etchings of the Temple of Jupiter pediment have been found, masons would have preassembled carved blocks for fit prior to hoisting them into place, using the etchings as a guide. The Arab fortifications circa 600 AD had been completely disassembled by the DAI and then rebuilt, much of the "newer" appearing blocks in the Western wall of the temple podium are from the Arabic fortifications of the site. According to Lohmann the blocks of the Trilithon had their vertical and top faces abraded to remove the lifting-appliance holes, aka the "Lewis" holes. The depth of such holes would have been 20-25 cm, meaning at the time the blocks were moved, they were even larger then they are now. The pre-Roman stone work, which had been the subject of intense debate in this forum, are conclusively Herodian, using near identical stone work (such as "pillow" edges) as found in Herod's other massive temple project, the Great Temple in Judea. In a nutshell, the Romans took over the temple project from Herod, building on and expanding the podium, for an even greater temple project than Herod ever dreamed of.

AFAIK the blocks laying in situ in the quarries have never been disturbed, hence why they are only now uncovering new blocks. Previous writers, like Ragette, stated the inclined plane of the Stone of the South was due to an underlying fault in the bedrock, but I believe that is regarded as conjecture now, especially given another even larger block is also inclined, and no actual fault of crack in the bedrock has been observed. There is only conjecture as to why they are inclined, it may be that the Romans were simply stockpiling these blocks in the quarry and they've sunk into the earth unevenly, or it was a means to facilitate extracting them, or...? We can't say for certain at all that these blocks were in fact destined for the Temple of Jupiter, those blocks may be as far as Romans got in the planning stages of a fourth temple right where they sit. Quarry massive blocks, tumble them into place as a foundation in the quarry from whence they were mined, bada bing, bada boom, you're on your way to yet another temple.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Great answer and thanks for all the insight and comments.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

The fun begins with the explanations of how it was cut and freed from the bed rock. ?

If Ed Leedskalnin could cut coral blocks out of the ground by himself on a smaller scale allegedly using just leaf springs from an old truck,I reckon these guys wouldn't have had much trouble if you multiply the workforce thousands of times!

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join