It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest ancient block confirmed, It's a Monster.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Maybe they built with these huge blocks because they knew a flood could wash away a building made from small blocks but if it was made from huge blocks it would stay in place.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune
a reply to: Wolfenz

Wolfenz here is a challenge draw us a design for raise platform, which is easy to built and is structural sound, that will impress the masses AND doesn't look remotely like any other cultures raised platform. I believe if you try that you'll find your design will look remarkably like someone elses pyramid.

LOL...

WTF?

Why Easy ?

Well if you not exposed to anything resembling like a Platform ... or seeing something like it before

as you see im talking about Structural Art Fads ! like Ancient Babylonian The Pyramid of the Sun is Much more Complex then then Any "Step" Pyramid from China India and Egypt ... tho the Base Measurements of the Pyramid of the Sun is Pretty much close to the base Measurements of the Famed Egyptian pyramid of Giza and you do know that Egypt has major influence of the Middle east right ?

Well a Platform I need to know the Purpose for it ! ..

China pyramid : a Burial Tomb ( Mound )

Ziggurat + Their Gods Living Space

Pre Colombian Pyramids Temples of Worship and Burial of High Leaders

Similarity

Only takes a Few to see & remember to get the Idea From ... for another ...

Pre-Columbian trans-oceanic contact ( See Notes )
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

Well if you not exposed to anything resembling like a Platform ... or seeing something like it before

Or you are solving a similar technical problem - why do all spears look basically alike - because of independent invention or one guy came up with the idea and everyone copied him?

as you see im talking about Structural Art Fads ! like Ancient Babylonian The Pyramid of the Sun is Much more Complex then then Any "Step" Pyramid from China India and Egypt ... tho the Base Measurements of the Pyramid of the Sun is Pretty much close to the base Measurements of the Famed Egyptian pyramid of Giza and you do know that Egypt has major influence of the Middle east right ?

Did you know the temple of sun was built near 2,400 years after the pyramid and is for a completely different reason it was based on earlier pyramids - in Meso America

en.wikipedia.org...

While they may have been later contacts they don't appear to have any latest effect. Why do you feel the Americas couldn't have come up with the idea of a pyramid shaped platform on their own? They did come up with a lot of things that were also found in the old world.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: rowanflame
Maybe they built with these huge blocks because they knew a flood could wash away a building made from small blocks but if it was made from huge blocks it would stay in place.

As noted before only a very few places every used very large blocks, in the OP only those three were used in a retaining wall the rest of the temple was built in a conventional way (there are also large stones below the really big ones too but only in the retaining wall. Also the temple shows no sign of ever having suffered from a flood.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Or you are solving a similar technical problem - why do all spears look basically alike - because of independent invention or one guy came up with the idea and everyone copied him?

Did you know the temple of sun was built near 2,400 years after the pyramid and is for a completely different reason it was based on earlier pyramids - in Meso America

en.wikipedia.org...

While they may have been later contacts they don't appear to have any latest effect. Why do you feel the Americas couldn't have come up with the idea of a pyramid shaped platform on their own? They did come up with a lot of things that were also found in the old world.

1) Why Do Spears Basically look All Alike ... Come On Hanslune.., Now Thats Comical... Coming from you Especially this is your Field is this Type of Thread... the Same Question about the bow and Arrow ... I can Go On and On About this and you know as well as I do that I CAN ... its about who Copies Who or Who Steals it First ! it Either Some 3rd Party Teaching from one place to another .. and the Rest Follows Suit ... ( Movie ) Sneakers _ Its all About the Information ... ( Movie ) Pirates Of Silicone Valley - (Gates) I got the Loot Steve Because I got there First .. Not Like it Was Then .. No Copy Rights No Patents etc... Everything was fair game .. you just had to Solve the Riddle of Communication from Long Distance .. Now I would Assume the Center OF Knowledge of First's is Sumeria and Spread outwards to what we call Europe Asia and The New World etc.. within time and perfecting it along the way.. like a Papper Clip Design ... So to your Question a Independent Idea brought Out to Being Copied to a Better Improved Perfection Eureka The Light Bulb ( Edison) as The Light Bulb been around before Edison He just Perfected it ..

2) So what was the Time Period Really ? 12,000 6,000 From Giza And your Point is! ? It just makes it More realistic that Sumerians or Egyptians or Asians did come The New World Way Before Columbus.. Making Similar Old World Structures in the New World ... as there is some evidence of that as I Pointed that out in Other Threads ..

Tho the Large Stones in Baalbek and Egypt are Similar even in Pre Columbia ... So WHY are you in Disbelief that it maybe. is from the another source Oceans Apart.. Let make these Amazing Wonders of Structure ... yet we Cant travel Across the Ocean.. yet what your Threads about are basically thos type of discovery's Like the 400,000 year old Blades ( of what your Talking about ) found in Israel?? and a Confirmed authenticity? yet theres a Virginia Steen - McIntyre Discovered Practically the same thing 45 years Earlier in the New World around 1966 in Hueyatlaco Mexico Pyramids Build for Different Reasons ? I Mention that in the Last post...

3) Why ? Where is the History of it all The Reason The How The Why it was Built .. where is the Starter Structures the Beginner Structures! Egypt had Step Pyramids The Earliest ( Oldest ) Pyramids Nothing like that in Mexico to South America .. Where is the Knowledge of Measurements? let alone the Writings in the Land of the INCAS ( just the so called KNOT Language ) even tho most of the Literature of Meso America was Destroyed by SPANISH ! PRIEST !! as it was TOO DEMONIC Written by HERETICS According to them.. Thanks to Catholicism !

Yeah Primitive Natives getting out of the Stone Age

Created this right out of the Blue On their Own ! with Not Earliest Stages of Design..

UNLESS someone Else Built them ! Interlocking Pieces like a Lego ..
Massed Produced ! like it was Made from Machines in a Factory !

The Incas must of had a Mason factory Plant

Unless you Really think that they were done By Hand... each one of these H Blocks..

To ME there Must of Been a 2nd to a 3rd Party Involved! in Puma Punku

Tiwannaco yeah More Likely done my The Natives !

So the INCAs Should Get the Master Builders Award of the Millennium ! the 2nd in a Row!

Right ? but there is No Written language at all that the INCAS Have.

edit on 5-12-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

1) Why Do Spears Basically look All Alike ... Come On Hanslune.., Now Thats Comical... Coming from you Especially this is your Field is this Type of Thread... the Same Question about the bow and Arrow ... I can Go On and On About this and you know as well as I do that I CAN ... its about who Copies Who or Who Steals it First ! it Either Some 3rd Party Teaching from one place to another .. and the Rest Follows Suit ... ( Movie ) Sneakers _ Its all About the Information ... ( Movie ) Pirates Of Silicone Valley - (Gates) I got the Loot Steve Because I got there First .. Not Like it Was Then .. No Copy Rights No Patents etc... Everything was fair game .. you just had to Solve the Riddle of Communication from Long Distance .. Now I would Assume the Center OF Knowledge of First's is Sumeria and Spread outwards to what we call Europe Asia and The New World etc.. within time and perfecting it along the way.. like a Papper Clip Design ... So to your Question a Independent Idea brought Out to Being Copied to a Better Improved Perfection Eureka The Light Bulb ( Edison) as The Light Bulb been around before Edison He just Perfected it ..

Yes was a spear created once and spread all over the world or was it created multiple times?

Most of the other stuff you write is difficult to understand.

So what was the Time Period Really ? 12,000 6,000 From Giza And your Point is! ? It just makes it More realistic that Sumerians or Egyptians or Asians did come The New World Way Before Columbus.. Making Similar Old World Structures in the New World ... as there is some evidence of that as I Pointed that out in Other Threads ..

Why couldn't - in your world view - the Americans come to the old world and teach the old world? I mean if you are going to speculate...

As noted similar problem, similar solution.

Tho the Large Stones in Baalbek and Egypt are Similar even in Pre Columbia ... So WHY are you in Disbelief that it maybe. is from the another source Oceans Apart.. Let make these Amazing Wonders of Structure ... yet we Cant travel Across the Ocean.. yet what your Threads about are basically thos type of discovery's Like the 400,000 year old Blades ( of what your Talking about ) found in Israel?? and a Confirmed authenticity? yet theres a Virginia Steen - McIntyre Discovered Practically the same thing 45 years Earlier in the New World around 1966 in Hueyatlaco Mexico Pyramids Build for Different Reasons ? I Mention that in the Last post...

No idea what your point is may I suggest you learn to write using a sentence structure?

Unless you Really think that they were done By Hand... each one of these H Blocks..

Okay show evidence for this 2nd and 3rd party - I mean they must have done something other than make stones eh?

Wolfenz may I suggest you try and focus on one or two items at a time a lot of your stuff is to confusing to respond too.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Yes was a spear created once and spread all over the world or was it created multiple times?

Most of the other stuff you write is difficult to understand.

So what was the Time Period Really ? 12,000 6,000 From Giza And your Point is! ? It just makes it More realistic that Sumerians or Egyptians or Asians did come The New World Way Before Columbus.. Making Similar Old World Structures in the New World ... as there is some evidence of that as I Pointed that out in Other Threads ..

Why couldn't - in your world view - the Americans come to the old world and teach the old world? I mean if you are going to speculate...

As noted similar problem, similar solution.

No idea what your point is may I suggest you learn to write using a sentence structure?

Okay show evidence for this 2nd and 3rd party - I mean they must have done something other than make stones eh?

Wolfenz may I suggest you try and focus on one or two items at a time a lot of your stuff is to confusing to respond too.

What !

1) Difficult to Understand? Sorry I tend to explain in Riddles Sometimes though Some have difficulty to fully understand.. of what I am Getting At.. The Ancients Probably Learned From being Taught Hands On or from a view of a Painting and Copied from one Culture to another.. Who knows ...

The Origins of Edged Weapons
www.weapons-universe.com...

Why couldn't - in your world view - the Americans come to the old world and teach the old world? I mean if you are going to speculate... As noted similar problem, similar solution.

2) What! are you Rambling about here .. ????????? Its a Old to the New

Lets Clear it UP ... For YE too.. Understand

Though the Large Stones that are in Baalbek Lebanon & In Egypt that are Similar Even in Some Parts if Meso America .. ( as Both have the Same Monolith Structure's ) So Why are you ( Hanslune ) in Disbelief that it Maybe is from another Source ( Yet ) Oceans Apart ( Old and New World ) .. Lets make These Amazing Structures.. ( Pyramids Ziggurats Temples ) Yet We Cant Travel Across the Ocean. ( They cant Make Long Distance Ocean Going Ships )
Yet In your Threads (that you have Put up in ATS) are Basically those Type of Discovery's ( of the Things Ive Said )
Like ( Your Thread about ) The 400,000 year Old Blades ( of what your Talking about ) Found In ISRAEL and has a Confirmed authenticity? Yet there's a ( Person) Virgina Steen McIntyre That Discovered Practically the Same thing
( Like the blades ) like Clovis Spear points ) 45 years Earlier in the New World around ( The Year ) 1966 in Hueyatiaco Mexico .... Pryamids Were Built for Different Reasons as I have mentioned that in the Last ( previous ) post

3) My Point ? Similar things around the World as Civilization's must of Communicated with each other had Trade Routes or Settled to New Land or at Least Tried ( Like the Puritans that did Colonize in the New World ) as I said Before to you about from Man to Northern New York along the St Lawrence Seaway in the US there is Evidence of Norse Settlements and even in one of your threads about a Norse Settlement in Newfoundland Canada just recently discovered .. so why is it so hard for you to understand that it could of Happened in Mexico or South America a Couple of thousand Years before Columbus or Leif Ericson Did .. People from what is NOW the Middle East ASIA to even Europe..

Here is an other Thought

Say a couple thousand years into the future.. and Some where in Between those Thousands of Years Something Happened where Man became yet close to Primitive yet again almost wiped out.. then thousandth years later they discovered American TexT Books and Find out that America is Run and Functions by a Ancient Roman System !

So I guess the Future would Assume that we Americans were Roman ? and they Would be Absolutely Right!
as we Live in a Roman Society !

8 striking parallels between the U.S. and the Roman Empire
www.salon.com...

www.historybanter.com...

edit on 6-12-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Work on coherency please

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
Those blocks are mind blowing massive, we have to be missing something here...giants, super tech, demi gods. I can't fathom how humans with primitive tools could be working with such large blocks, it seems to me to be counter productive, counter intuitive, counter everything. Crazy!

They key is while they could cut them they declined to move them, they would have been the largest stones moved in the ancient world. Very few really large stones were ever moved in the ancient world - probably because it was very hard to do!

As for carving the stones, lots of work but nothing beyond the masons of the time.

Ok fine but you are saying that at some point, they didn't notice until it was to late, that they couldn't move the stone. This is really not a good explanation.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: jaws1975
Those blocks are mind blowing massive, we have to be missing something here...giants, super tech, demi gods. I can't fathom how humans with primitive tools could be working with such large blocks, it seems to me to be counter productive, counter intuitive, counter everything. Crazy!

They key is while they could cut them they declined to move them, they would have been the largest stones moved in the ancient world. Very few really large stones were ever moved in the ancient world - probably because it was very hard to do!

As for carving the stones, lots of work but nothing beyond the masons of the time.

Ok fine but you are saying that at some point, they didn't notice until it was to late, that they couldn't move the stone. This is really not a good explanation.

The guys in quarry may not have been the people who ordered the stones carved out. A powerful man may have ordered it done (nothing is impossible to the man who only needs to order it done) and the quarry workers did what they were told. Later came the realization of how difficult, time consuming and expensive it would be to try and move them. Think of that 24,000 ton monster rock in China its screams "ego".

Do you have a better suggestion of why they would cut them and leave them?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I hate threads like this. They start off with a well-written, informative OP discussing a new find that's absolutely fascinating in and of itself, then quickly turns into page after page of nonsense about giants and floods and aliens. Remember folks, this forum is called 'Ancient and Lost Civilizations', not 'Choose Your Own Adventure'...

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

The thing is, they had to be able to move the stone to dress it on all four sides.
edit on 6-12-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The thing is, they had to be able to move the stone to dress it on all four sides.

As far as I am aware the two nearly finished stones are still attached to the bedrock. The first stone I cannot find an image of to support this this but for the new one this shows the "pedestal" has not been cut away.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Another point to consider as far as sudden work stoppage. They could have just worked the stones down at some point for all the work they put into them.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
I hate threads like this. They start off with a well-written, informative OP discussing a new find that's absolutely fascinating in and of itself, then quickly turns into page after page of nonsense about giants and floods and aliens. Remember folks, this forum is called 'Ancient and Lost Civilizations', not 'Choose Your Own Adventure'...

But these stones and others just beg the question. The question being how were they moved and not buying most of the explanations which defy so much logic and common sense.

Plus we see a sudden move, relatively speaking, toward the use of smaller stones and mud brick. Declination strongly suggests the absence of something that had made the larger stone work feasible.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Plus we see a sudden move, relatively speaking, toward the use of smaller stones and mud brick. Declination strongly suggests the absence of something that had made the larger stone work feasible.

This I completely agree with. There are too many of these sites around the world buried underneath 'basic' stone work, almost as if overnight our ancestors forgot what they were doing with these megaliths. I seriously believe something is missing. I believe there is a part of our history we do not know, do not understand and probably will be too narrow minded to ever accept existed. Someone will post something on ATS about some scratches on a cave wall and state "this was a human half a million years ago", and everybody will just nod and agree, no questions asked. However when there are show stoppers such as this; people are too easy to dismiss it as a non-event. You'll see "oh it's just a natural formation" or "they are easy to make they just use some rope to cut the sides until their arms fall off because they've literally got nothing else better to do". Well I don't agree. I think for the amount of megaliths there are, in various locations world wide, in the strangest of places, some of them not even finished - I believe they were easy to make for whoever or whatever it was that was making them, very easy to make... I do not buy that people like us dedicated their entire lives to carving a huge rectangle. It must have been something else, for whatever purpose they served. I also don't buy that when completed they transported them using complex networks of rolling logs and 100 people guiding them with various ropes. I think our ancestors would have been smart enough to think "won't smaller bricks and mud suffice? It would certainly save us from looking like idiots and risking our lives with all these massive stone weapons rolling about"...

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
Biggest ancient block of stone is discovered

Archaeologists studying an ancient quarry that is home to a famously gigantic stone block have now found an even bigger stone block at the site, reports io9.

This monster, which dates back to 27 BC, is 64 feet long and 19.6 feet wide. Though it is still mostly buried, researchers estimate that it's 18 feet high and weighs somewhere around 1,650 tons, thus making it the biggest stone block from antiquity, reports the Archaeology News Network.

German archaeologists uncovered it in the quarry at Baalbek in what is now Lebanon. It is next to a fully exposed stone block of similar, but smaller, dimensions, known as Hajjar-al-Hibla, or Stone of the Pregnant Woman.

Site update. It was reported here at ATS earlier last Oct about the site giving up yet more blocks but this seems to be confirmation of the previous guesstimated size and weight of this ancient monster.

It is a monster, Another great example of what the ancient were capable of doing, Expanding our knowledge of known achievements is always a good thing.

Image Source

It sort of looks like a giant staircase to the underworld. Perhaps if they dig to the right and below the new stone they'll find another bigger block.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

But these stones and others just beg the question. The question being how were they moved and not buying most of the explanations which defy so much logic and common sense.

What is the evidence for a "sudden move"?

The probably went from moving large stones to smaller when a number of things occurred.

They found it was easier to cut them up than haul. That probably occurred when they learned to cut them more efficiently - ie not having to bash them out with harder stones - very hard work.

Remember that very few really large stones were ever moved - probably because it was really hard work and in the long run not worth it.

Here is an idea what do you consider a really big rock what tonnage? Decide that then look up how many of that size or larger were moved.

Phoenicians (to use an example) used large blocks for foundations and smaller stones atop, In wet climates societies learned to use small rocks below and larger above (drainage so foundations wouldn't be undermined).

paper on ashlar construction
edit on 8/12/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/12/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Thats what I am saying. A move toward smaller material.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This is a little thinking out side the box.

There is no proof or fact to this, but it is also a clue to how this might have bin done.

There is no common knowledge as to how the stones were cut and moved. In all of the Egyptian hieroglyphs and ancient writings there is nothings to say how. That is interesting in it's self for if there were thousands of people working on it there would have had to be a diary or something from some one. It is just human nature to record things and events. Just look at us right now.

The absents of all or any man made structures to move the stones in any of the locations or even near by materials to show that it could have bin used, again not word of it in Egyptian hieroglyphs and ancient writings not at present. I see this as another clue .

There are no mass grave sites that would show how many people worked there, that could be found. Not yet at least.
But this is another clue.

When you rule out all possibilities you are left with the impossibility's what may be impossible at present time may not have bin in the past. There ideas and thoughts are not the same as ours in this present day. And this is another clue.

The knowledge used to move and cut the stones was sacred knowledge only a few people new how to do it and so only a hand full of people were needed to cut and move the stone. This information was never recorded or allowed to be shared and so this is no account of how and who did it. The sacred knowledge did not require any man made objects to cut and move the stone as there has bin no Egyptian hieroglyphs and ancient writings to show this.

If you take what you see and bring it down to it's most simplistic form, there are only two things present size and wait.
If the sacred Knowledge was about the micro and not the macro, then the stone no longer posed to be a problem to cut and move. That brings us to the only thing left and that is Quantum entanglement.

Now how they came to this sacred knowledge of Quantum entanglement is up to debate. But the idea of them understanding the sacred knowledge of Quantum entanglement they had the ability to take any physical object and do with it what we of this modern age can not even consider possible.

Maybe we are not so advanced after all, we can't do it. But they did.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join