It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest ancient block confirmed, It's a Monster.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Milwaukee50

P.s welcome to ATS

edit on 4-12-2014 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
a reply to: Hanslune

That's the nice thing about the multidimensional reality. Everyone is right.
But some people like to keep fighting over their version of events thereby missing the entire point....but to each their own, I suppose.

So it goes.

Peace.

Please stop. All you are basically saying is that you don't care about what science, and research, can prove about the ancients. Whatever you dream up is reality. That's the most ludicrous response anyone can ever say. It does nothing to further our knowledge of just how amazing the ancients were (and we already know they were pretty amazing people(s)).

You aren't adding to the conversation, at all. Just posting nonsense.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Once again, just reinforcing my own belief that Typhon, the Titans, Zeus and Set, men of reknown or beings on the same magnitude of supermen or Gods were all very real and far beyond myths, our minds are just too small to grasp it or in complete denial about the past, no pun! Thanks for the post!
edit on 4-12-2014 by phinubian because: addding info

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Hanslune

originally posted by: lme7898354
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is from a thread now a few years old that shows a supposed artifact claimed to be 200,000 years old, so who knows. If they could tool something like this then maybe the monoliths would have been no problem

It looks like a bit off a dredger or digger.

I thought the same, a broken tooth off of some digging equipment that got embedded within that older layer of dirt. Its as plausible an explanation as a formerly unknown metallurgical society that existed in pre-history.

That occurred to me too, that it was some bit of modern(though well used)machinery broken off in the dredging work. I mean thats the logical explanation... But how is it that it was found encrusted in a petrified deposit of sand? How is it the oxide films show it had already aged considerably before or during a time when it was deposited in such. Before it became petrified that is. These things testify as evidence to its age.
As to it being a digging or dredging tool, aluminum is never used for such as its to soft primarily. Though I would agree its most likely some kind of tool.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: zandra

(only if we take into account the extraterrestrial issue we can explain it).

Total crap.

Is what follows hypothetical? Not really if you take into account the numerous
indications that there once was a (totally perished) advanced civilization on earth.

Oh hey, that's really odd. That's exactly the kind of evidence that's required,
if one were looking to validate the deluge. Which nobody has any interest in
doing. Funny, I sit here watching some of the vids, show me this world of ours did
not produce these impossible megaliths. At times asking questions like:

Why were they using a system of cutting the blocks so precisely to form a system
of absolute tightness, strength and continuity?

Then offer up an answer they only think is right:

Because they were making them earthquake proof?

My duck quack'n ass.

It's disturbingly and for to many, painfully obvious.

Someone knew there was a flood coming.

So I can believe in a culture smart enough to predict a deluge, construct a airtight megalithic structure, yet they put it in the plain instead of the high ground nearby? Or just build a large boat like Noah is reported to have done?

I confess myself confused by your reasoning.if I am worried about a flood, I'm building a Machu Picchu not a pyramid complex at Giza.

edit on 4-12-2014 by Jarocal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Catacomb

I have never once discounted the work of the Ancients.

In fact, my initial post in this thread was an inquiry into the nature of the geological composition of this particular megalith. No response thus far, but that's fine....I will research further on my own.

I came here to discuss stones and ended up getting stoned by angry natives.

Some things never change....as if trying to expand ones knowledge and contributing to an open forum was somehow a crime.

Oh the hilarious irony of the Modern Age.

I'll leave it to you to figure out the veiled metaphor back there.

Keep banging those rocks together.

edit on 12/4/14 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting clarity

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Jarocal

I confess myself confused by your reasoning.if I am worried about a flood, I'm building a Machu Picchu not a pyramid complex at Giza.

I see no indication that I was only referring to the Giza complex.
Why would any of the sites be excluded? And they new a flood was
coming, but they didn't know what severity to expect. How could
they? So they prepared places that wouldn't get washed away
obviously. This isn't rocket science. They had no idea how insufficient
thier efforts would prove to be. Not against the heights the waters
reached. But it's obvious there was an effort. What people don't realise
is, if this is the best fit for all the pieces? And this is the actual truth?
Then there are people out there who have known it all along. And
they chose to keep the truth to themselves. And keep a whole world,
this world, in the dark. And in the same book I speak of, the whole world
is even warned of this very deception. Yet even with people pointing
out the obvious, firing flares and raising flags. No one bats an eye
because they've managed such tremendous knowledge in a whopping
forty year life span. It's just really pathetic.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Milwaukee50

if the Amara Indians were the true builders of Puma Punku then why don't history books give them credit as the greatest builders of all time (since they were able to drill small exact holes into hard stone, and device such amazing interlocking blocks)?!

Yup those Natives of Mexico and Central and South America

Tho the Art Work of this Pyramid look somewhat like Sumerian Assyrian Babylonian if you look Upon a Ziggurat

Just think of Art Deco the fad of Design of the 1920s and 1930s any how that what I see in the Similarity's in some Pre Columbia.. and Iran and Iraq ...

Primitive yet may of been the Slaves to a Higher Being or they Were not Involved at all ..

Like the Puritans of Plymouth Massachusetts and Jamestown Virgina ...

edit on 4-12-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
There were giants in the earth in those days;

"And God said unto Noah,
The end of all flesh is come before me;"

"is come before me" ,,to me is the important part,,
so 40 years later,,
the flood happens, which would mean that, apparently God has things bought before him.

God, the Alpha and Omega,of time.

And so it came to pass,,

"And God said,
This is the token of the covenant
which I make between me and you"
seems God is able to make contract Law, and follow its principles, and precepts,,

"And the bow shall be in the cloud;
and I will look upon it,,,

seems to have eyes too see as well,,just like most of us.

that I may remember the everlasting covenant

"that I may remember",, maybe,,, maybe not,,, hey he's old,,!!
between God and every living creature of all flesh."

Interesting,,in my opinion,,There were giants in the earth in those days

yes,,

Seems the Earth got shifted into a different spectral Wave Length.as well.

Roy Gobiv.

And that is were our Rainbows come from.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Wolfenz here is a challenge draw us a design for raise platform, which is easy to built and is structural sound, that will impress the masses AND doesn't look remotely like any other cultures raised platform. I believe if you try that you'll find your design will look remarkably like someone elses pyramid.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Ah the citadel of Cairo (that city didn't exist then) is much higher than the pyramids why not build a flood shelter there? Or in the even higher mountains nearby? Why build the pyramid in an existing necropolis - oh and how did the 'flood' wipe out humanity but the AE civilization shows no discontinuation........puzzling eh randyvs?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Speaking of which,,ie rainbows

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Milwaukee50
Here's where my frustration sets in. I have no problem accepting that ancient humans were just as smart as we are, and more than capable of constructing megalithic structures (Pyramids at Giza, Puma Punku, Sacsahuaman, Gobekli Tepe, etc.) across the world. However, what I do find a problem with is mainstream scientists/archaeologists telling us on one hand that ancient humans were intelligent enough to build and move these massive structures to such precision and alignment (using complex mathematics and engineering), but too dumb to create advanced tools (similar to let's say the Romans) to accomplish these tasks. I have a hard time believing that whomever was responsible for building the Great Pyramids didn't bother to at least invent giant saws, wind lasses or other building equipment to take on such a task. Instead, they proceeded to use make shift rock hammers and copper tools to painstakingly take on such a massive task. It's almost like saying someone is smart enough to build a whole car from scratch, but too dumb to use round wheels instead of square ones. For instance, if the Amara Indians were the true builders of Puma Punku then why don't history books give them credit as the greatest builders of all time (since they were able to drill small exact holes into hard stone, and device such amazing interlocking blocks)?!

This may seem like a paradox but it's human nature. I work in software design which is very much the monument and infrastructure building of the world today. I see it all the time, people take a little bit of knowledge and they use and reuse it in ways that work but are inefficient. Let me give an example here: A former teacher of mine is building one of those 3d turntable apps for a company (you've probably seen some on Amazon or other online stores) . He shows me his app and tells me he has a problem with a file size... I take a look and it's 500mb, roughly 2000x larger than what works on a website. The "common knowledge" for building these apps is that you take several images of a product and rotate it going through the animations like one does in one of those old paper flipbooks to create animation. Well, he had a lot of configurable options in it, say 4 products, 10 colors, 8 highlights, and 5 materials. With his approach of making images that's 1600 images for each combination, plus 30 frames of animation for 48,000 images... no wonder the file size was so large. I showed him a better way using code to take a model, write shaders and do the whole thing with a handful of images and textures.

In this scenario he took a technique that works for some things on a small scale and applied it to a larger project without really understanding the limitations of it. As humans this is a pretty common response as we like to go with what we know, and few of us are absolute masters of all possible knowledge (though some of the people on StackOverflow might qualify). A part of this feeling comes from what I see as people taking joy in applying knowledge. It's one thing to know something but it's another to put that knowledge into action and make some small part of the world function exactly the way you want it to.

I see the above scenario in the same way. While I'm sure there were those among the masons that knew more advanced techniques the people doing the grunt work would be excited to do something monumental with what little they knew.

As far as the square wheel comment goes, it's all up to the project manager, if you want to make roads that are just humps a square wheel is ideal. It is secure when parked, offers a smoother ride, the downside is that your roads are more expensive.

The point is, don't underestimate people. Even if ancient aliens were a thing, the aliens didn't do it all for us we can see that in the different techniques employed around the workd. The vast majority, if not all of them were done by man. We can be quite clever at times.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I see no indication that I was only referring to the Giza complex.
Why would any of the sites be excluded? And they new a flood was
coming, but they didn't know what severity to expect. How could
they? So they prepared places that wouldn't get washed away
obviously. This isn't rocket science. They had no idea how insufficient
thier efforts would prove to be. Not against the heights the waters
reached. But it's obvious there was an effort. What people don't realise
is, if this is the best fit for all the pieces? And this is the actual truth?
Then there are people out there who have known it all along. And
they chose to keep the truth to themselves. And keep a whole world,
this world, in the dark. And in the same book I speak of, the whole world
is even warned of this very deception. Yet even with people pointing
out the obvious, firing flares and raising flags. No one bats an eye
because they've managed such tremendous knowledge in a whopping
forty year life span. It's just really pathetic.

I take no issue in the belief that the pyramids were built as something other than a tomb. But as a haven to outlast a flood when there is higher ground close to hand casts doubtvon your theory for me. They had reasoning being the use of the megalithic blocks and vanity does not convince me as some would postulate.

So please don't feel I was trying to belittle you, I find holes in tthe current accepted theories also.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I don't really understand all the incredulity about moving these blocks. We can accept that, for example, the Romans could build aqueducts through all kinds of terrain to carry water to cities over hundreds of miles but we can't accept that they could move huge lumps of stone about? In technological terms, moving the stones is childs play in comparison.

Or how about building a movable / portable harbour during the Invasion of Britannia by Julius Caeser (failed attempt)? Or building concrete (using volcanic tufa) breakwaters for harbours? Or connecting lakes to the sea via canals in order to move newly constructed fleets? Or turning North African scrub into some of the most productive land in the Empire using serious water irrigation systems?

I could go on but the point is we have numerous examples of some amazing technological achievements and yet the sticking point is always.......moving lumps of stone......

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

So please don't feel I was trying to belittle you, I find holes in tthe current accepted theories also.

Just try'n to get the possibilities across and I take no offense to
your fine reasoning. I'm not even saying I'm right, but I see no reason
to cast ancient writings aside because of thier religious annotations alone.
That's really what I work towards.

edit on Ram120514v552014u47 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Ah the citadel of Cairo (that city didn't exist then) is much higher than the pyramids why not build a flood shelter there? Or in the even higher mountains nearby? Why build the pyramid in an existing necropolis - oh and how did the 'flood' wipe out humanity but the AE civilization shows no discontinuation........puzzling eh randyvs?

I know, you're right. I just don't see why an account of a
world gone by, that stretches back even beyond Moses. Is
so scoffed at by academics. To me that's not even following
protocols. If the Bible we're unknown to us, something we
dug out of the ground tomorrow ? It would be a treasure to
archeaologist everywhere. So just because it's been around
forever and carries religious baggage does not discredit the
fact that these stories are there, written down for us. How
can true science not consider the great care it took to make
that happen. If many people had not put themselves in
absolute servitude to scripture. It would not exist. Ultimate
sacrifices were made and I respect the hell out of that. So
I feel people with bigger brains than mine should also.

That's why I get all pash. Sorry

And hell yes it's puzzling

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I know, you're right. I just don't see why an account of a
world gone by, that stretches back even beyond Moses. Is
so scoffed at by academics. To me that's not even following
protocols. If the Bible we're unknown to us, something we
dug out of the ground tomorrow ? It would be a treasure to
archeaologist everywhere. So just because it's been around
forever and carries religious baggage does not discredit the
fact that these stories are there, written down for us. How
can true science not consider the great care it took to make
that happen. If many people had not put themselves in
absolute servitude to scripture. It would not exist. Ultimate
sacrifices were made and I respect the hell out of that. So
I feel people with bigger brains than mine should also.

That's why I get all pash. Sorry

And hell yes it's puzzling

Well the Bible is of great value - it has given us a view back into the minds and hearts of men and women of the time. The problem is that it was recording stories; trying to figure out which stories are real and those that are not is a challenge. It is set in a landscape that was historical but we don't (often) know the details and it has had added to it religious imagery which distorts the historical view also.

A whole academic subset is based on it; good old Biblical Archaeology. There is a Greek word which I have forgotten, it means 'to give ancient writings undue weight', they are no more believable or not believable as anything written today.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
We have lost so much knowledge ....

Great post thankyou

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join