It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living in the Nightmare of God's Sleep State - Purpose for the Last Night of Eternity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
God created in Genesis 1. Then he rested. The Seventh Night is nearly over. Is it possible this creation (image) was the dream? If so, here is my version in speculative conversation.

Genesis 2

2 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.

2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

Follow me on this twist. God produced the perfect reality in Genesis 1, then fell asleep. Our reality is the nightmare of how it could have turned out. He allows the nightmare to show us how to value the real thing. When he wakes up, his new creation engages. It had never changed. We were all changed by the experience. It was all a bad dream the night creation was finished.

Last verses of Revelation:

Revelation 22

Eden Restored

22 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. 3 No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. 4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5 There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.

If you read close, it appears some of mankind will not wake to the light of the World to Come. And the story ended as God woke from his dream. No more night shall ever fall on this creation again. The light shall shine for the everlasting day of eternity.

The End / Beginning Again
edit on 2-12-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I like this theory

We are one with the kosmic dreamer, namaste...

I would love to see you take on the Vedas, india is the source of the the alphabet, from abracadabra we get A Bra Ca Dabra; A B C D .... Look it up

edit on f00000012kam03America/ChicagoWednesday02am by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

May Peace be upon you!

india is the source of the the alphabet

I thought the modern alphabet owes its roots to Egyptian Hieroglyphs and the Phoenician, Paleo-Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek alphabets.

edit on 12/3/14 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

He did not fall asleep. He rested. Another theory based on a flaw.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Interesting thought. I picture God waking up with the mother of all hangovers, wondering what the hell he did on his week long bender. Who is this in my bed and what is that awful smell. Quietly sneaks out the door wondering where he left his sun glasses.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: AlephBet
God created in Genesis 1. Then he rested. The Seventh Night is nearly over. Is it possible this creation (image) was the dream?

Okay ... you have posted something I hadn't thought of and that tickled my brain. Maybe our reality is just a god's dream? I don't think so but that thought is so out of the box and yet possible that I have to give you a star and a flag. I have to think about it some more.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

God produced the perfect reality in Genesis 1, then fell asleep.

If you do your homework, you will find that the word used in Genesis 2:2, "shâbath", the Hebrew word for rested, you will find that shâbath does not have any connection to sleep, or dreaming.

Also, the word for sleep in Hebrew is the word "yâshên". That word was not used anywhere in Genesis 2. Even when Adam was put to sleep, the word "tardêmâh" was used.

So your entire theory, and thread, is based on a error and lack of knowledge.

"My people have perished for lack of knowledge" Hosea 4:6

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

Most of my threads outline the letters of Hebrew in one way or another. By Hebrew, I mean the root of Proto-Canannite. See My First Thread

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentAgent

You should read the book, Verbal Judo, by George Thompson. Bias and Condescension are judgment. Speaking for the other person in the manner in which they should be speaking for themselves preserves dignity. By dong this, you show love and make peace. Stick to the context and provide more. By doing this, you share a view rather than hitting another person over the head with your own.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Interesting thought. I picture God waking up with the mother of all hangovers, wondering what the hell he did on his week long bender. Who is this in my bed and what is that awful smell. Quietly sneaks out the door wondering where he left his sun glasses.

My own view is that he rests by involution into the entire creation. He is guiding our dreams in an image. By doing this, he shows us the many worlds that could have ended his creation in chaos. Look out across this vast universe. It's being constructed all around us. We are the world school before waking up to the real world to come.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It is fun to think about, especially since he says there is no more night at the end. Night is when you sleep, which is what the Bible continually says we are doing when we fail to pay attention to the lessons being taught.

Glad you enjoyed it.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IndependentAgent

"My people have perished for lack of knowledge" Hosea 4:6

Coming from the mouth of a teacher, that says it all. He failed to teach anything except division and war. Possibly, we may see this change by the "is to come" version.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

You should read the book, Verbal Judo, by George Thompson. Bias and Condescension are judgment. Speaking for the other person in the manner in which they should be speaking for themselves preserves dignity. By dong this, you show love and make peace. Stick to the context and provide more. By doing this, you share a view rather than hitting another person over the head with your own.

If you do your homework, you will find that the word used in Genesis 2:2, "shâbath", the Hebrew word for rested, you will find that shâbath does not have any connection to sleep, or dreaming.

Also, the word for sleep in Hebrew is the word "yâshên". That word was not used anywhere in Genesis 2. Even when Adam was put to sleep, the word "tardêmâh" was used.

So your entire theory, and thread, is based on a error and lack of knowledge.
[/quote]

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
It is interesting to see that you have no comments on my evidence that your theory is flawed, but rather pick on irreverent technicalities. That paints you as oblivious to correction

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Have you considered the possibility that we are the one seeing the image and not the image itself? Can your eyes see themselves or can they only see a mirror image? When you look into a mirror what do you "see"? You see the 3D shadow of your 4D awareness, if you are the one seeing the image then how can you be what's inside the image? A 3D object cannot "see" unless an extra dimension is added: awareness/time/4D. We are the 4th dimension looking "down" at a 3D world. We are not our bodies.

If you focus on what's going on in the world around you then it may very well look like a nightmare with all the wrong happening, but if you quiet the noise around you (the world) and focus on the moment, it is no longer a nightmare.

You're too focused on the past (stories in the bible) and future (Revelation/second coming), you should see what's happening right now with your own awareness. Stop focusing outside of yourself and start looking within.

Gospel of Thomas
3. Jesus said, "If your leaders say to you, 'Look, the (Father's) kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the (Father's) kingdom is within you and it is outside you.

When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."

edit on 12/3/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Part of your post below…

Originally posted by AlphaBet
God created in Genesis 1. Then he rested. The Seventh Night is nearly over. Is it possible this creation (image) was the dream? If so, here is my version in speculative conversation.

How is the Seventh Night nearly over…???

Genesis 2:2-3
2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

In the above verse where it states “on the seventh day he rested”…I’m pretty sure that the word “Day”, in that passage, incorporates both Night and Day i.e. One complete day…

In other words, it’s not saying God rested during the “day time”, with the “night time”, still to come…

And also, it’s written from the perspective, of an event, that’s already taken place…

Additionally it’s states, God then blessed the “seventh day”…which surely doesn’t mean, that he just blessed the “day time”…i.e. half of the day!!!

- JC

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

Nice catch. Also, if the seventh day is blessed then how can it be a nightmare? Unless God considers this nightmare to be the blessing (what kind of blessing is that?) then this doesn't really work.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
eh...i prefer the locker.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Nice catch. Also, if the seventh day is blessed then how can it be a nightmare? Unless God considers this nightmare to be the blessing (what kind of blessing is that?) then this doesn't really work.

Yeah, exactly …a good additional point…

Why would God bless the nightmare…

A blessing implies that it is Good and Holy, and it also implies that it is complete…

You’re right; it just doesn’t work…IMO

- JC

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

It is interesting to see that you have no comments on my evidence that your theory is flawed, but rather pick on irreverent technicalities. That paints you as oblivious to correction

Not so. You have a valid point, but it is obscured by your tone. Simply have a conversation and leave me out of it. If you do not agree, then disagree. Dialog is then produced.

edit on 3-12-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join