It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No UFO compilations from known HOAXERS on YouTube.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
What's this with Bonez's pronunciation about UFO compilations being banned while allowing others that's daft. The History Channel uses rubbish day and daily, yet it seems like their documentaries are allowable via Google. Mmm, can't even post on that thread
edit on 12-1-2014 by Springer because: Edited title to more accurately reflect the content in question.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
i can only speak for myself, but i've lost count of the times i've seen the same old clips re-hashed in
yet another compilation video.

over and over again.

no great loss.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
i can only speak for myself, but i've lost count of the times i've seen the same old clips re-hashed in
yet another compilation video.

over and over again.

no great loss.

I hate when its a documentary that is re-hashed clips from other documentaries that basically used the same 50 clips as well just in different orders or one might have one another doesn't.

Gettin' fairly stale.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

I think he is saying that we should just not allow any UFO vids as he seems to believe they are all daft. Is that correct OP? Excuse me if I am being presumptuous.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
About time, no more clips from third phase of moon #e documentarys, hats off to you mods!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Agreed some of those fakes are in compilations.

Fox's best UFO evidence is a great example..

I say bring the videos on..
We can do what ATS does and DEBUNK or scratch our head...

NOTE: WHEN LEAD TO A CHANNEL .. I GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO GIVE A THUMBS DOWN AND A BAD COMMENT. AND A CHANCE TO HAVE IT REMOVED FROM YOUTUBE. YOUTUBE PERIODICALLY CLEANS THE HOUSE OF RUBBISH!

Thanks .. TIM

It also give me a chance to see what REAL CGI looks like....
It helps weed the BS for me

edit on 1-12-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Yes Billy..... THIRD PHASE OF THE MOON IS Utter BS..

ALSO I WATCH THE UFO FORUM BECAUSE I'M SEARCHING FOR THAT NEXT BLACK BUDGET AIRCRAFT SIGHTING. THAT IS OF EARTH ORIGIN.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

There are some here who keep promoting certain compilations on Youtube, that are nothing but trash. Usually made by the same few posters.Their main objective is to draw views with a lot of fantastic claims, backed by nothing but CGI and old cases which have already been debunked many times over. People like that put serious UFO research in the same light as Bigfoot and Nessie. The whole thing is geared toward profit, not proof.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

I think he is saying that we should just not allow any UFO vids as he seems to believe they are all daft. Is that correct OP? Excuse me if I am being presumptuous.

This is what he has said, and there is no recourse for a reply on that thread,
"*** This rule will not apply to legitimate UFO documentaries that contain a compilation of different cases."
Sooo, what is a legitimate UFO documentary then?, the History Channel, or even Discovery who lately use rubbish, and all found on youtube. How do you know a third party is not part of those channels.
Of course I know that Youtube is a PBR setup, I was offered that at one time and refused.
Anything lately about Youtube/AKA Google is about advertising, and what is or is not an advert, hence all the splash links on the viewing screen, and it is annoying it's feck all to do with the content.
To add, I should have said that IMHO opinion, Bonez is attempting to be selective with the word 'legitimate'

edit on 1-12-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Go back and re-read this part of the new rules that are posted:

If you're unsure about something you want to post, feel free to get ahold of any staff member, or use the Complaint Form in the drop-down menu at the top of the page.

If you have a video that you want to post there, but are not sure, ASK. All of the staff will be more than happy to help.

I would recommend using the Complain button the most though, because not all of us are on here 24/7, but if you use the Complain button to ask, what ever staff is online will see it and be able to help you.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Not allowing a rebuttal was a little disrespectful to members...
Shame of it I like the member/mod BoneZ very much..

Hope the mods see my reasoning above..

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Go back and re-read this part of the new rules that are posted:

If you're unsure about something you want to post, feel free to get ahold of any staff member, or use the Complaint Form in the drop-down menu at the top of the page.

If you have a video that you want to post there, but are not sure, ASK. All of the staff will be more than happy to help.

I would recommend using the Complain button the most though, because not all of us are on here 24/7, but if you use the Complain button to ask, what ever staff is online will see it and be able to help you.

Please see my reasoning good sir..please

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Then ATS needs a slot to show the videos only here on ATS without advertisement.
I'm wasting stars here!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Sounds like a good move. There's no worse feeling for people who want to believe than to find out you're being lied to. I get the controversy over the decision but it seems like a pretty specific type of video/channel they're talking about. That could use some clarification though.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

When I saw that I thought "man that is what an alien would say"

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Go back and re-read this part of the new rules that are posted

I did read that no need to go back, and no harm to you that's civil service jargon, I've been there done that. I made my point, if nobody sees my rationale, (well at least one person understands) It's not for me to continue, but this is wrong.
edit on 1-12-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Not allowing a rebuttal was a little disrespectful to members...
Shame of it I like the member/mod BoneZ very much..

Hope the mods see my reasoning above..

Agreed sir.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Sorry smurfy..
Your point is not over looked. But you gave us a chance to voice. Thank you

Not allowing rebuttals was rough!
BoneZ slammed down the Gavel and that was it.

There may be more to come.. a better explanation and what to do..

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
**** ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS ****

This decision was not made by one person. Over time it has come to our attention that there are a ton of these compilation videos that are hoaxes. Some members knowingly post these hoaxes for stars and flags, some members knowingly post these hoaxes for youtube clicks. Some do it for both.

Many more than that post them unaware of the fact that there are people that make a living off of trying to fool the public with their "productioned" hoaxes. This wastes everyone's time. The member's, the staff's and the owner's time is wasted every time one of these compilations is posted up and has to be reviewed/removed.

In an effort to put a stop to that we came to this decision.

Nowhere in this announcement was it stated that NO compilations were going to be allowed. As a matter of fact it is specifically stated that the rule WILL NOT apply to ALL compilation videos. It also states that if you question whether your choice of video would be allowed or not, all you have to do is put your inquiry to a member of staff and the decision will be made by all staff on hand at the time.

We do strive to give all members a fair shake here and ask that you understand what a monumental waste of time it is to allow these known hoaxes to continually be posted in our forums. Known hoaxers should not be rewarded and when we allow these videos to stand... that is precisely what we are doing.

The simple fact is, we ask you to use your judgement just like we always have. If you're unsure, get some feedback from staff. Other than that, nothing has changed. We have not ever allowed known hoaxes to be perpetuated through ATS, and we aren't starting now.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Kanga's post answers the OP....so this thread is now closed.

For the record, this is the thread in question.
***ALL MEMBERS***: New Rule for the Alien/UFO forum

edit on Mon Dec 1 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed link

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

This isn't "wrong". We weren't discussing this, we were explaining it. We won't provide hack Youtube channels with undeserved revenue for posting HOAXES.

Simple...

CLOSED.
edit on 12-1-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join