It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

95% of ATS is garbage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Pretty simple really, don't read the 95% you feel is garbage. I surely think any thread of those 95% is more valuable than this one...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Calalini
It's true. Like/star forums are always a mess. Instead of good discussion, you get star/like farmers, people who make comments just to get stars, because people see the comments with the most stars and star them just because they're sheep who always go with what's popular/PC comments.

Link

This is exactly one of those... He asked for stars, whether you agree or disagree.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Personally I get a bit tired of the threads like "man bites dog" type......
I would like to see the quality of the members interest pick up a notch, but theres no place else like this place.....so....this MUST BE the PLACE.......

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: gosseyn

That's actually quite a compliment for ATS if I think about it. This is a conspiracy board first and foremost and if 5% of the theories have merit, that is a pretty huge thing when it comes to conspiracy theories.

75% is Russians defending Putin in the last year, when everyone who is not Russian or intelligent knows he is another Hitler lol.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

While I do not like the man I wouldn't put him in the same boat as Hitler.
Also you are wrong just because people disagree with you it doesn't mean they are stupid or russian, they just have a different opinion then you.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
99% of entertainment is garbage. 98% of the internet is garbage. Honestly, 97% of books are garbage. 95% is batting pretty high and, in the grand scheme, ATS is far from the worst place, which is amazing given that it is essentially a place to discuss the 'craziest' ideas.

With that in mind, how about we focus on the 5% that is stellar work.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn
I was going to waste time writing why I think that way, but there's really no need. Let me just say I am here for the 5% that is not worthless. Stars if you agree, and if you disagree, don't answer as that would dangerously bring the number closer to 96%.

The reason you and others feel this way, is because there certainly is a problem.
A thread about Ukraine or Russia quickly descends into nonsensical jibes being traded. It's the same people, usually following a pro Russia guy around.

Now before anyone says it, I've been reading ATS since probably the mid 2000 ', had an account a fee years ago that I lost (forgot username and password and email.) So I know a little about how things used to be.

At of threads now are about plain arguing or just utter bs with no facts evidence substance.
That or its a bunch of guys arguing about who is right.

What ATS was all those years ago, well Imo anyway, was substance. There was plenty of it.
At of the conspiracy theories and subjects I now know about, I first learned about HERE, thanks to the information and images other people who dug up.

The other day I read a thread about some guy who claims he spoke to a former special forces soldier who told him all year super secrets. What?

A couple days ago I came across a thread some guy started just to complain that nobody was acknowledging his knowledge on why police shoot people where they do on their bodies.

The take it to the Russia/Ukraine/USA threads.
Differing opinions views and thoughts get shouted down and you are bashed repeatedly by small gangs which roam these forums waiting for people with different opinions to post.

Try posting a different opinion about 9/11..you'll see what I mean. Or post a thread about how Putin is to blame for MH17 and the Ukraine war. Or flip that and blame the USA and praise Putin as a strong leader. Don't worry they'll come out of the woodwork.

Or just look a few postposts above mine and you'll see a good example.

I don't think it's necessarily a symptom of the site, but a symptom of our sick societies.
edit on 4-12-2014 by mortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I enjoy ATS and it is better than MSM. Guess what you don't have to login or visit this site if you are unsatisfied.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn
I was going to waste time writing why I think that way, but there's really no need. Let me just say I am here for the 5% that is not worthless. Stars if you agree, and if you disagree, don't answer as that would dangerously bring the number closer to 96%.

Agreed. Place used to be great. Now it's the home of "I can't be bothered to do ANY real research other than YouTube and since I therefore have no idea what I am talking about...CONSPIRACY!!!" It's a bummer...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join