It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

95% of ATS is garbage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I come for the garbage. The crass, the irreverent, the profane, the ugly and the stupid.

Even the MODs have accused me of seeking the lowest common denominator.

It's a "people like you" thing.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

Maybe you should have put this in the rant section then the Mods may not look at this thread as trolling.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

One person's trash is anothers treasure.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I notice a lot of "good" threads have few replies to them, before it seemed to be more active. Maybe because there are more threads being made so it's spread more thinly.

I find I just look at "new" or "top" at the top and just see what is interesting.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Stop bitching and do something about it then , write a few threads that interest you

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

edit on 11/30/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

You just piled more garbage onto the garbage pile. Feel better?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It doesn't go to a 404 for me....

Ironic indeed.

edit on 11/30/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I guess things are slowing down for now, but it doesn't mean that it's always going to be like that. I know I'm still getting my feet wet here--probably the same as other neophytes who intend on staying here for the long haul. I have some threads planned out that aren't trash and are new things that haven't been explored fully here. I'm sure others are the same as me--just waiting for the right time and stuff.

It's up to everyone--including you, OP--to make it so that ATS thrives and is relevant. There's no right answer besides being yourself and being real. What kinds of things would you like to see more of on here?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

That is pretty funny.

If all else fails OP, you could try reading a book, or watching a movie. ATS is enlightening (some of the info posted here) but like all mediums it can no doubt feel tedious at times. Although the internet brings the world right to us, there's millions upon millions of real, physical square feet of land out there that offers so much more, pictures and videos, livestreams don't do it justice.

Then please write a thread or reply with something other than the site is mostly garbage because as most people have pointed out doing that only adds to the rubbish bin

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

It doesn't go to a 404 for me....

Ironic indeed.

getting a 404 at my end its a conspiracy mee thinks

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

stop being so up yourself.

your rant is implying that the 95% of the content is garbage... what does that imply for the 'majority of the Members?'

how insulting

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Come to find out... It was. I had to knock a couple of folks out, but they ruined the link forever.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: argentus

Just curious............. into which percentile would you place this thread?

This thread is metagarbage. It's garbage about garbage, therefore it's out of competition.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
In looking over the threads you have created as well as your 'contributions' to ATS since you have "officially" been here, I would posit that you fit neatly within your own definition of garbage. You are not particularly insightful nor do your posts represent significant contributions to whatever topic you bless with the few posts you have done. I would rate the sum total of your contributions to ATS as "Meh?" at best. Compare your own posts to people here who actually make an effort: Slayer is one, Isaac Koi another. These people put effort into their contributions and it shows.

Yours, on the other hand, are forgettable. Being cynical and sarcastic is really very easy, as you have amply demonstrated. I humbly suggest you seek another venue where you may be more appreciated and where you might be inspired to do better work. That 95% of ATS is "garbage" is, I fear, actually true. However, you seem completely ignorant of the fact that your posts fall right into the pail with the other rubbish.

And that is actually kind of funny. "Pot, meet Kettle!" You have given us a perfect example.

Thank you.

Ouch did that kill the op

Best burn I have seen in ages lol.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

You are right, but that 95% (damn, 96%) entertain the bejayzus out of me and make me feel all warm and smug lol

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Oh come on, recent dog fart posts were priceless

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I wouldn't call it garbage, but it waivers from interesting to uninteresting., Always has. It should bounce back up and if it doesn't I suppose you are free to excuse yourself and leave. Take a break for awhile. See if it feels different when you return. That usually resolves it.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Even if this is true, it's a different 95% and 5% for each person.
That means most of ATS being non-garbage for somebody.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join