It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

will they pursue the rioters whose image was caught on camera?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
i haven't put nearly a dent in the existing ferguson threads, so if this has been discussed, please link me.
after spending hours, literally, watching vids, reading articles, viewing images, a serious question comes to mind.
with so many exposing their faces, will law enforcement attempt to track down any of the rioters?
maybe put the images on the net, asking for help with identifying them?
i also have no doubt there is some sort of facial recognition they can use.
just wondering, but seems to me that there are hundreds of rioters they could track down and arrest for at least
some sort of criminal damage charges.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

perfect, thanx for the link.

mods, feel free to delete this op.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Yes they will.

Then they will drag them through the courts, who in turn will buckle to political pressure and hand out ridiculously harsh sentences to opportunists.

Whilst the guys who have orchestrated the whole thing will be largely ignored. That's the real price people pay for even showing the slightest bit of dissent through violence or violent acts.
edit on 27/11/14 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
They did that in the UK when we had our riots.

A good number of the looters who thought they got free stuff ended up with a nasty surprise.

I say the state of Missouri should go for it

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Then they will drag them through the courts, who in turn will buckle to political pressure and hand out ridiculously harsh sentences opportunists.

Theft is theft.

There are many crimes I think that should be decriminalized and are only there to the benefit of governments (IE drug laws)

But crimes in involving theft and violence I have zero tolerance for.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Whilst the guys who have orchestrated the whole thing will be largely ignored.

do you think there are a few head honchos who orchestrated it?
i have my doubts, but maybe.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: rubbertramp

Whilst the guys who have orchestrated the whole thing will be largely ignored.

do you think there are a few head honchos who orchestrated it?
i have my doubts, but maybe.

Without a doubt, there are always leaders. There's money being made in these districts and they can do with or without the aggro of civil disobedience.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

hmmmm...i have no doubt there's leaders in the protests, but always figured that the rioters were more spur of the moment, opportunistic type thugs.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Then they will drag them through the courts, who in turn will buckle to political pressure and hand out ridiculously harsh sentences opportunists.

Theft is theft.

There are many crimes I think that should be decriminalized and are only there to the benefit of governments (IE drug laws)

But crimes in involving theft and violence I have zero tolerance for.

Yeah, totally agree but let's keep it in proportion when deciding sentences, plenty were made an example of. Sure they were foolish in their acts, but most were opportunists, nothing more, nothing less.

The banks robbed the U.K people of billions, right in front of their eyes in 2008/2009 and have continued to rob us further ever since. Yet how many bankers have been brought to justice? Someone's to blame for this theft, where are they? Why aren't they being made examples of? Probably because they weren't foolish enough to get caught on camera, with the live footage being broadcast into our abodes.

edit on 27/11/14 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: rubbertramp

hmmmm...i have no doubt there's leaders in the protests, but always figured that the rioters were more spur of the moment, opportunistic type thugs.

Your probably right there, although there will also likely be a cabal who will take advantage and make targeted plundering, those types are not likely to show their faces.
Still and all, the authorities might just settle for a burn-out and let the taxpayer pick up the tab, and let the looters have their blood money..because that is essentially what it is. It is a shame for those protesting against injustice in what IMHO was a killing crime.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
They did that in the UK when we had our riots.

A good number of the looters who thought they got free stuff ended up with a nasty surprise.

I say the state of Missouri should go for it

They did that here in Vancouver when Boston stole our cup. 300 people got charged. As long as the sentences stay in line with the spirit of rehabilitation and not punishment. It was like the public was a mob after the riots, the police didn't have to do a whole lot to track down suspects.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

As long as the sentences stay in line with the spirit of rehabilitation and not punishment.

How about paying for what they destroyed and stole?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

As long as the sentences stay in line with the spirit of rehabilitation and not punishment.

along with compensation for time and money lost, and even future loses cause that whole area is done business wise for quite some time.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

will they pursue the rioters

If by "they", you mean Eric Holder and Obama's crew, no, they won't.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Why would they? What federal charges would be brought?
Vandalism and looting is not a federal crime unless it occurs on federal property.

edit on 11/27/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
They will also have to hold accountable those officers that stood by and watched crime take place.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Au contraire mon frere!

It's common knowledge that "professional rioters" came to Ferguson from elsewhere to join in the chaos.
Outsiders coming to Ferguson.

Rioting can definitely be a federal crime.

Whoever travels in interstate or foreign commerce or uses any facility of interstate or foreign commerce, including, but not limited to, the mail, telegraph, telephone, radio, or television, with intent—
(1) to incite a riot; or
(2) to organize, promote, encourage, participate in, or carry on a riot; or
(3) to commit any act of violence in furtherance of a riot; or
(4) to aid or abet any person in inciting or participating in or carrying on a riot or committing any act of violence in furtherance of a riot;
and who either during the course of any such travel or use or thereafter performs or attempts to perform any other overt act for any purpose specified in subparagraph (A), (B), (C), or (D) of this paragraph— [1]
Shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

There is programs like that. Victim services, I believe it is called but I do not think that it is the full bill.

In Canada, people only go to jail if it is in the public's interest. Property crime can get you there eventually but it would take multiple offences I believe.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

will they pursue the rioters

If by "they", you mean Eric Holder and Obama's crew, no, they won't.

Nor will they pursue Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton

top topics

<<   2 >>

join