It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleveland police officer shot Tamir Rice immediately after leaving moving patrol car

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian
I think he was probably trying to drop that gun like a hot potato and they never even gave him that chance.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Grovit

first, how do you know he shot as soon as he was out the door?

because as soon as the door opens the kids drops like a bag of ##....either he was shot of he was complying...

This looked like the closest thing to a drive by without actually being a drive by. So at least these officers are living up to the idea that they are nothing more than a legalized gang.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

i saw the drop.
faster than i thought it was...i get why the big circle around after they jumped out...

to the people saying they had microphones and such...

do we know if they rolled up speaking on one? im not saying they did but its possible right?
there is no audio on the video posted.....

even if they didnt, yes it was faster than i thought but i still stand by the cops..

seeing as it was that fast, that means the first thing the kid did was go for the gun...cops put him down

always assume the gun is loaded

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
How does one drop a gun without "going for it"? If you still side with the cops, I think you are a horrible person then. Not much more I can say about that.....

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
I think he was probably trying to drop that gun like a hot potato and they never even gave him that chance.

quite posible only 3 people know and 1 of them is dead

kinda ends up like that alot

im not on the cops side ... almost never am

if the kid did everything wrong lets just point out the truth

the rolled up on the kid like they where a rival gang

he had no time to react logicaly

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
One of the biggest problem with the way coward cops handle things these days. They bark orders and don't even give people time to process it and react properly. I don't understand the changes in SOP, where they just march up to people, or in this instance slide across the lawn up to people, and put themselves in harms way. Then they get to cry about being scared for their life in a "vulnerable" situation they put themselves in, and get to kill people.

They used to use their brains and put the engine of the car in between the "suspect" and them, so they are in not a whole lot of danger, and both parties could assess the situation. It's unreal the way I see things handled by cops these days.

edit on Wed, 26 Nov 2014 20:38:17 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
How does one drop a gun without "going for it"? If you still side with the cops, I think you are a horrible person then. Not much more I can say about that.....

i guess i am horrible then cause i side with the cops.
dont know what else to say
youre not the only person on here who hates me
its a long list

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Never said I hate you, and that was more hyperbole than not. I just don't understand how one can side with a cop that puts themselves directly in "harms way" and shoots a kid.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

How does one drop a gun without "going for it"?

One puts one's hands on one's head and keeps one's hands away from one's waistband where one's gun is stored. No need to attempt to drop it or one may find themself shot in the torso.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

fair enough.
if you dont hate me now, im sure eventually you will.
most people do

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

fair enough.
if you dont hate me now, im sure eventually you will.
most people do

Exaggerate your importance if it makes you feel any better. By the way it's just the damn internet so no need to continue playing the crybaby victim.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

The problem I have with the video is that it's not really a video. Just a bunch of stills at what? Every three seconds? And no audio either. Even the parents of the kid say that while it is a sad thing, it is a justifiable shot due to the circumstances.

It saddens me that any kid these days gets shot, considering the crap I did as a kid. But that is the way the world works these days.

edit on 27-11-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I, too, would be interested to know more about that video. It's far too jumpy...seems to be skipping time. I'd like to see the original with the timestamp. It looks like it is running at 2x speed or something....

Why on earth would they roll up like that?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
Why on earth would they roll up like that?

They roll up like that because they are LEOs who have been alerted by dispatch that there is a possible shooter in a park.

I would imagine that tensions were high.

I could yell, "put the gun down!", three times in the space of three seconds and squeeze the trigger on the fourth second.

All in all...a bad situation, with no good end results. we could quarterback all day long...but we weren't there.

And I would bet that the cop that shot the kid doesn't sleep well lately and has nothing to be thankful about this holiday season.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: hogstooth

How does one drop a gun without "going for it"?

One puts one's hands on one's head and keeps one's hands away from one's waistband where one's gun is stored. No need to attempt to drop it or one may find themself shot in the torso.

And a kid hears 'hands up' and 'drop the gun'. If the gun is in waist then there a conflict in those words.

Maybe police should think about what they yell at people instead of the typical hands up, drop it, on the ground phrases. And I know that would require thinking so it's tough...

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

And I would bet that the cop that shot the kid doesn't sleep well lately and has nothing to be thankful about this holiday season.

As it should be. I could personally care less if the scumbag ever sleeps again.
There was absolutely NO reason to roll up that close to the kid. 40 or 50 ft could have made the difference between the killing of this kid and them realizing the gun was a toy.

And for those that say the parents of this kid are saying it is "justified"...Well, they're simple conditioned sheep like the majority of this country. Cowards. They are also idiots for not knowing where their 12 year old was. If they did know, it makes them even more stupid than I can imagine ever being.

This happened in a high crime area....wtf was this kid doing in that park with a very real looking gun?

....it's still absolutely NOT an excuse to roll up and shoot the kid like that.
......too much Die Hard for these scumbags. (I hope they BURN)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Learning to forgive is a first step. Not all cops are bad...remember that. We weren't there and really don't know the whole story yet.

The cop that took the shot really wasn't a rookie either. He had been a cop in in a relatively peaceful town before becoming a LEO in the fifth most violent city in America. I would bet that had a lot to do with this incident.

I know a few Cleveland cops and one of them told me that he is messed up in the head and tried resigning, but the CPD won't allow that until the investigation is over. Is that true, I have no idea, but it makes sense to me. I feel for everyone involved. It's just a bad scene.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I have no desire to "forgive" murderous scum. They made their bed when they decided to roll up, within feet of the "suspect", jumped out and off'd the kid.
...I watched the video. It is clear as day.

.......No justice, no peace. I say, let it burn. Eventually, it is going to anyways. Better now than later, imho. I will turn a blind eye when badges become targets.

I don't believe "all cops are bad" either, but to work in any capacity for a police department is to be complacent and complicit to these actions.
"Good" cops are going to be targeted, there will be no differentiation. Is it "right"? Hell no. But it damn sure is what it is.

I will NOT defend pigs who think they are judge, jury, and executioner....and I will NOT sit back and watch my country become a "shoot first, ask questions later" police state without screaming at the top of my lungs that is wrong. If worse comes to worse, I will protect me and mine to "the end" but beyond that, I have all but given up hope that true Americans will rise up and put a stop to this type of stuff. Apathy and lack of respect for life is rampant in this country and it is absolutely sickening and repugnant to me.

It's the procedure, the policy....the conditioning (militarization) that is causing this. I don't blame individual cops as much as I do the police establishment, but this incident shows clearly that a disregard for lives other than their own is imbedded deeply.
All the excuses in the world will not change my opinion. This could have EASILY be handled differently and this kid could be alive today.

What was this kid doing in this park pointing a gun all over the place? I don't know.
Was he playing "young thug, posted in the trap"? Maybe. Does that deserve a death sentence?

This sh#t needs to stop, like yesterday

I feel for everyone involved. It's just a bad scene.

Well, this is where we will just have to agree to disagree, though it seems that we both think this could have been handled differently, which could have led to a potentially MUCH better outcome....but I have no sympathy for the pigs, it was their decision to roll right up on him like that...f em....as I said, let em burn (as I hope they do)

And these "bad scenes" will continue as long as we continue providing rationalizations, and often times, justifications for this type of police knee jerk reactionary bs that is "shoot first, to hell with the questions".....this is NOT the America I know and care to be part of...

AHHH....it just makes me SICK. Though, this "farce" outrage can only go so far. We've become so used to this type of stuff (as have I) that I can almost "feel" that I only "feel" numb (all the while "outraged").....wtf is that about

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Why did this kid even think it was a smart idea to take an airsoft pistol (with no orange barrel) to a park and repeatedly pull it out and point it at people?

The gun wasn't real. It can be bought at sporting goods stores for less than $20. Tamir's was lacking the orange safety indicator usually found on the barrel and, from a distance, was indistinguishable from a real firearm.

Those type of guns have had Orange Barrel indicators for years now, just to prevent situations like this from happening.

That being said, I would have thought it would have been safer for the police to approach at a distance and use the car as a shield, getting the boy to disarm.

Sad situation all around.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Why did this kid even think it was a smart idea to take an airsoft pistol (with no orange barrel) to a park and repeatedly pull it out and point it at people?

Might be that no adult has explained to him that doing stupid things that appear to create dangerous situations is not something a person should do. Or the adults in his life also do not understand this or care.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join