It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery Of A Stone With A Chip 200,000,000 Year Labinsk Russia.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
So we have a youtube video with added spooky music.... = hoax!

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I think Hanslune and Subsea called it .
It's a broken off piece of Fenestella.
As cool as the idea was, because of the
implication, an odd squared off piece of invertebrate
seems to fit the bill.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
How could the "scientists" possibly know the object was 2 million (or 450 million) years old? They could not have used radiocarbon dating because (1) the chip would have to be organic (and there is no indication that it is), and (2) carbon 14 dating is only good for objects 50,000 years old or younger.

Even if it was some kind of electronic microchip, the video offers no proof that it wasn't merely glued onto the "rock" (if, indeed, that is what it is).

No mention of who those "scientists" are or what methods they used to determine it's authenticity or age. Vague promises of more information to come, but not by whom.

I'm calling hoax.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadoefax

Good point's, Argon Krypton isotopic ratio absorbtion dation is good only for exposed unweathered rock surface's and is also not that accurate, also it would not go back far enought with any accuracy anyway, the only way is to estimate based on nearby geology and stratification which is really guesswork based on idea's about how long eath layer took to deposit and only if the rock matches such a layer, but it could still be from elsewhere even if it did.

The most intriguing find's that are now conveniently lost are polished stone wall's in coal mine's thought to be hundred's of million's of year's old.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Of course the argument's for and against the validity of such claim's will always be heated as they go against one persons entrenched belief as much as they go for another's.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

The inherent problem with all such claims, when presented without evidence is that they are presented without evidence! Long experience with humans frailty has shown a distressing and common traits of people making stuff up, misinterpreting what they see and promoting 'pious' fraud, creating evidence to support something they believe in or outright deception for fun or profit.

If we were to believe every claim that is made, which is unsupported, our world view would be of a mega circus of conflicting, contradictory events and timelines would makes no sense at all.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
The most intriguing find's that are now conveniently lost are polished stone wall's in coal mine's thought to be hundred's of million's of year's old.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The shaft mentioned in relation to this hoax story is supposed to be 2 miles deep:

We’ll let Mathis tell his own story:
“In the year 1928, I, Atlas Almon Mathis, was working in coal mine No. 5., located two miles north of Heavener, Oklahoma. This was a shaft mine, and they told us it was two miles deep. The mine was so deep that they let us down into it on an elevator. . . . They pumped air down to us, it was so deep…"

However, the deepest coal mine in North America is only around 2100 feet deep.

Wouldn't you think it odd that a company would dig over five times that deep and not go on record as having the deepest mine?

Besides, there is no coal at that depth in North America. The deepest coal mine on Earth is in Europe and goes down "only" about 1500 meters - somewhat less than one mile. The deepest coal mine in North America is in Canada and is only around 2200 feet deep.

So, bogus.

Harte

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Well that certainly blow's that out of the water, you know we do have some very deep mine's in england, we have a potash mine that goes down over 4600 feet, the deepest coal mine here was over 5000 feet deep.
The deepest still working mine stateside was about 2200 feet deep at the shaft which of course is not two mile's but is still pretty damn deep you have to admit, and there may have been deeper, a mining engineer or historian from your country could probably tell far more.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

As you get deeper it gets hotter and also harder to pump out the water and pump down air.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
Wow and they missed seeing that obvious coin? They had coins back then too! Can no one else see that coin?

That's no coin its a super mini watch computer because the people that owned it were elf's an that's why it's so small.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
I found this interesting 2 min. Vid. Once again it makes us think.....Were we the first civilization ?
I think not.

youtu.be...

Doesn't look like an integrated circuit of any kind to me.

Rebel 5

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Pretty much anyone with a background in geology would understand what that really is I'd think.

Not an exact match but this is what you are looking at. With a bit more heat and pressure the edges become more defined and this is likely from a boundary where two types of material meet and you would see things like that in the mix.

I'd suspect it's composed of microline Feldspar (see below) and Quartz.

It's a shame folks don't show these things to qualified people and instead just run wild with crazy theories. I don't think I'd call this a hoax as much as a case of unqualified people reaching conclusions based on pareidolia.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954
So scissors were invented that long ago.................either that or it was paper. Someone trying to make a snowflake.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rebelv

No it does not look anything like a silicon of gallium arsenide circuit but it does bear a passing resemblance to circuit connections and a white ceramic package of some kind, perhap's with female insead of make package type unlike our standard dil packaging, what I mean is instead of the chip having the pin's the pin's would be on the circuit board and the chip would slot onto them, however I actually do now think this is organic just as ignorant ape pointed out but have a look at this circuit image and you will see some slight similarity's, upload.wikimedia.org...
Which might explain why they pushed this as a piece of electronic's.

edit on 26-11-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
200 million years ago, pet rocks had A.I. Now, they lay dormant... waiting to make their move.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

It certainly does, that pot ash mine I mentioned is the size of a city and goes far under the sea bed, it is very hot and dusty down there and they need to pump vast amount's of cold fresh air in just to make it workable but as pot ash is a valuable agricultural commodity it is worth there while.
Still I wonder what that coal mine was like when it was in operation as it was even deeper.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

It certainly does, that pot ash mine I mentioned is the size of a city and goes far under the sea bed, it is very hot and dusty down there and they need to pump vast amount's of cold fresh air in just to make it workable but as pot ash is a valuable agricultural commodity it is worth there while.
Still I wonder what that coal mine was like when it was in operation as it was even deeper.

When they had only manual methods and early steam engines the mines were literally hell.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Yes, I had an ancestor called Zibeon Hallworth who worked down them from when he was a small boy, it was quite common for them to start working the mine's from about six year's and up, they used to pull the cart's and the miner's often dug the coal seem on there side's, hazardous and poorly paid but it was the foundation stone of the industrial revolution.

Probably why those old Brit's were so tough, they had to work very hard for every bite of bread, of course they were lucky to live past 50 back then, then there were the textile mill's were little children were sent into the moving machinary to clear jam's, fatal accident's were common place, there was no such thing as safety law's or compensation and the working class did not even have the vote being still legally regarded as serf's even at that late time.

There was another story, one of my mother's female relative's was told her husband had been killed down the mine in a rock fall which must have been a terrible shock to her system, it turned out to have been the man standing next to him and he walked in later while she was crying over his death probably doubling the shock.

Still there are all kind's of strange tale's as you know like miner's finding supposedly still living frog's hibernation in stone's according to the old fortean time's and true or not there are a great many tale's of artifact's being dug up, in the 1800's they were actually accepted as fact even without proof and put down to item's buried in the flood as they still believed the earth to be only a few thousand years old, I am a christian but also know the earth is a lot older than that.

Still it would have been nice for them to have found something like this and for it be actually an artiface but then the whole was it left by alien visitors hypothesis would butt in with gusto.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Still it would have been nice for them to have found something like this and for it be actually an artiface but then the whole was it left by alien visitors hypothesis would butt in with gusto.

It would certainly be superb for such a thing to be actually be found. We can always hope that that might happen. I'm looking for something to show that an advanced culture* sprung up but died out at the end of the previous ice age, just a suspicion and no evidence to support it.

*Similar to Catalhuyuck or Aşıklı Höyük

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Not a high tech culture but I am pretty certain there could have been one in the last interglacial period before the last ice age began, of course the evidence is non existant but they were fully modern human's as you know from the like's of the cave art at lascaux and I do think there is something to be said for now lost and submerged coastal area and once game rich deltas that were erased at the end of the ice age by natural sea level rise.

I think my favorite object but I know little of it is the small exquisitely carved ivory statuette of a possible goddess they named the Venus of Brassempouy donsmaps.com... she look's almost african to me, the hair would show a conscious awareness of beauty much like we have today, of course many of these venus figurines are what we would regard as rather plump lady's so perhaps that was due to there hunter gatherer lifestyle and an idealistic view of a well fed woman meaning plentyful game, but like lepenski vir and the earlier site's such as catal huyak there may have been time's when there was either sufficiant game or a barter system with nomadic hunter's enabling settled non farming community's during these period's.

That said despire the lack of evidence I do not think it impossible that some form of farming may have taken place during these period's but for some reason never exploded onto the world stage as it did from the fertile crescent as these community's if they existed may not have grown sufficiantly in population (or had other factor's to contend with that limited there mobility and prevented migration) to export there way or life with there children as the ancient mesopotamian farmer's did.

You know both the Chinese and Japanese claim rice cultivation going back long before the fertile crescent though it may be down more to nationalistic pride than objective factual analysis.

Sorry about my typing I am half asleep here and have had a few jars tonight.

edit on 26-11-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

The existence of the Jomon and Nanzhuangtou culture shows that something a little bit organized was going on in Asia - Chinese archaeology still has a number of blank spots to fill in.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join