It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery Of A Stone With A Chip 200,000,000 Year Labinsk Russia.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I found this interesting 2 min. Vid. Once again it makes us think.....Were we the first civilization ?
I think not.

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
wow, that's old !

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Does'nt look like a chip.

Can you post one that looks similar?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

for those of us who can't watch vids at work, can i please get a summery of it? Is there a news story on this anywhere or it just a youtube video?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Any other source?

I looked and couldn't find anything credible. It certainly would have made ripples amongst the scientific community and bible thumpers alike.

I see no ripples or truth to this.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Wow and they missed seeing that obvious coin? They had coins back then too! Can no one else see that coin?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Why do people get excited about YouTube videos that hold no evidence, no meaningful narrative and nothing useful.

I would start by speculating that it was not a rock, but a lump of plastic.

Regards

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I am a huge proponent of ancient advanced civilizations but IMO that looks like a button or bone carving.

I dont think it is a chip.

I always wondered if our current technology was being released little by little from older examples still preserved. If such an advanced civilization still existed somehow I imagine they would dominate our discoveries and our progress.

I also wonder how the technology of this advanced civilization would be different from our own. Is what we got something they had when they were still developing themselves?

Like giving a cargo cult culture an old transistor while we use crystal based quantum super computers....

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: roaland

for those of us who can't watch vids at work, can i please get a summery of it? Is there a news story on this anywhere or it just a youtube video?

Synopsis:
Some stills of a fist sized rock showing a small (1cm) artifact apparently embedded within. The video describes where it was found but includes no details on scientific analysis. It does not explain why the artifact is presumed to be a chip.

If it is a chip it looks like the first attempt ever to make a multi semiconductor die. Very crude.

Screen capture from video:

edit on 25-11-2014 by CraftBuilder because: strawberries taste good!

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: roaland

What they are saying is that the rock that has some sort of micro cheap may be 200,000,000 years old.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It's "possible" it's a piece of a meteorite that chipped off?
The little thing, not the whole rock. Have seen slabs at gem & mineral shows of meteorite that look uncannily like computer chips.

Just my impression.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Could be a carved bone or part of a plant or insect?

I would get worried if they found something like this someday.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Ah okay, well thanks at least for something new.

Ah well a video is an extremely poor way for a scientist to put this type of information out. Therefore I would suggest that no scientist has seen this and no 'experts' have commented on it. To me it looks like a sedimentary rock that has inclusions - one of which (if the rock and image are real) has a structure. This isn't the right word 'aggregate', to describe the type of rock there is another name that is more geologically acceptable!

That's it. Like many such things you'd need to look at where that rock came from and see if they too have similar inclusions.

meh

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Yep I too see a bone carving of some sort...hardly a micro chip.....still 200,000,000 yrs is longer than we have imagined.....something made that thing....

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I'm thinking that there is more chance it is a petrified cross-sectional slice along the long axis of a plant or simple animal.
edit on 25-11-2014 by CraftBuilder because: of the kayak.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Maybe it was some kind of ruler or part of one, maybe for stitching?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Any other source?

I looked and couldn't find anything credible. It certainly would have made ripples amongst the scientific community and bible thumpers alike.

I see no ripples or truth to this.

I do not know the authenticity of this site, but this item is briefly discussed here.
www.theeventchronicle.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Fantastic, I seriously hope this is not a fraud, it is definitely a very intriguing and artificial looking object that bears some similarity to circuit contact's on it's surface, it really need's an electron microscope to probe the object and to be extracted from the rock but that would destroy the fossil, it appear's to be a form of ceramic.

About 2.2 billion years ago the earth entered a period of ice ages that make out more recent one's look like high summer, it is speculated that the whole earth froze over and any life above microbial or single celled would have died off, this period ended 750 million years ago but between that time 2.2 billion to 750 million years ago there would likely have been many long period's of war weather and the early part of this snow ball earth period may indeed have still remained habitable and there could have been period's of evolution in the inter ice age period's, at it's worst the sea's are thought to have frozen to the equator making life on earth virtually impossible for any advanced creature and we would certainly not survive it unless we got off planet or build huge biodome's, this die off would have also killed any oxygen making life so the atmospheric oxygen composition would have been extremely low.

Today they use stone that was not exposed to the atmosphere for much of this period to push claim's that the atmosphere alway's had low oxygen until only 650 million years ago when the cambrien explosion occured but these expert's theory's are just that, theory's and may be totally wrong with suspect sample's that may or may not be indicative of the rock's that were exposed during those early period's in the earth's history.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

Even that would be outside current theory as at over two billion year's there was supposed to be no life under current theory of the earth at that time, only microbial simple single celled organisms, the current model believe's that all life really began about 650 million years ago when the first fossil's of multi celled organism's appeared in the fossile record but then again the surface of the earth is nearly completely recycled every 650 million years so earlier fossil's would be nearly impossible to find even had the whole earth been an amazon juble teeming with life.

Good idea.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: CraftBuilder

Even that would be outside current theory as at over two billion year's there was supposed to be no life under current theory of the earth at that time, only microbial simple single celled organisms, the current model believe's that all life really began about 650 million years ago when the first fossil's of multi celled organism's appeared in the fossile record but then again the surface of the earth is nearly completely recycled every 650 million years so earlier fossil's would be nearly impossible to find even had the whole earth been an amazon juble teeming with life.

Good idea.

They are saying 200 million, not 2 Billion.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join