It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Last Night - Smoke and Mirrors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

bingo

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I predicted this, too...matter of fact, I prefer this option. Let the residents see who the real problems are in their community--it does not appear to be the police, regardless of what the 'only-the-police-are-the-problem' crowd wants you to believe.

I'm just waiting for martial law to be enacted if it continues again tonight.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The police chief (I think that's who it was) said that they had to let the fires burn because it was too dangerous to let the fire crews in, that there was shots being fired from they didn't know where; that could be the same reason the NG troops weren't seen much.

I'm 'meh' about this whole deal. If you're going to 'protest' by burning down local small businesses that are generally run and staffed by local families, then at some point you're going to live in a shopping desert. Good luck getting your necessities then.

Take your protests out to the surrounding peaceful communities and you'll have martial law and self defense shootings a'plenty.

I thought the governor and the others in charge showed restraint. I would have been tempted to put on a tight curfew, shut off electricity to the neighborhoods where the 'protesting' was ongoing, use EM jammers to prevent social media connections, and cancel the EBT cards for a few months to get the point across.

If you're going to complain about government versus people violence, for starters, stop taking your livelihood from the government... if you're going to have children, raise them to have some common sense in their dealings with other people and especially with anyone carrying a gun and a badge to back them up.

Do I get harassed by the police? No, I'm white and female.

Do I treat someone with authority respectfully? Yes, for obvious reasons.

The first reason is an accident of birth, the second one is basic intelligence.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
The police chief (I think that's who it was) said that they had to let the fires burn because it was too dangerous to let the fire crews in, that there was shots being fired from they didn't know where; that could be the same reason the NG troops weren't seen much.

I'm 'meh' about this whole deal. If you're going to 'protest' by burning down local small businesses that are generally run and staffed by local families, then at some point you're going to live in a shopping desert. Good luck getting your necessities then.

Take your protests out to the surrounding peaceful communities and you'll have martial law and self defense shootings a'plenty.

I thought the governor and the others in charge showed restraint. I would have been tempted to put on a tight curfew, shut off electricity to the neighborhoods where the 'protesting' was ongoing, use EM jammers to prevent social media connections, and cancel the EBT cards for a few months to get the point across.

If you're going to complain about government versus people violence, for starters, stop taking your livelihood from the government... if you're going to have children, raise them to have some common sense in their dealings with other people and especially with anyone carrying a gun and a badge to back them up.

Do I get harassed by the police? No, I'm white and female.

Do I treat someone with authority respectfully? Yes, for obvious reasons.

The first reason is an accident of birth, the second one is basic intelligence.

Whether a person receives assistance or not should have no bearing on how they are treated by police. The idea that "they get welfare therefore they don't have a right to complain about abuse" is a very ugly one.

Respect for authority isn't deserved, it's gained. You use the authority to demonstrate right action, and the respect comes. You use that authority for the sake of authority, and respect vanishes.

Not everyone is meek and seeks to devalue themselves for the pleasure and comfort of authority, the police work for us at our pleasure, not the other way around. You may be lucky enough, or groveled enough, to have never experienced harassment or abuse by police, but that's irrelevant. Plenty (too many) other people HAVE experienced abuse at the hands of police, and your situation doesn't change that in the slightest.

A situation where we must surrender ourselves immediately in the face of an authority figure is NOT a desirable one, I think most people agree, yet you seem to be supporting that type of scenario by expecting others to cower and grovel to avoid confrontation. You seem to want others to sit down and shut up because you are comfortable and don't want change. Well, others are not comfortable and they will not shut up. Anger makes people act illogically, but instead of calling their actions illogical and seeking to channel it into more productive means, you instead challenge the justification of their anger. Just because the people you see on the news aren't articulate enough to convey their anger in a manner that resonates with you personally doesn't mean they aren't justified.

You are allowing a manipulative minority to control the dialog, you are giving them the power to decide what the "sides" are instead of looking through the BS and seeing the truth of the matter, which is unchecked authority running roughshod over an entire population of people (all of us, not just blacks). Instead of coming together and saying I will not be abused, you take pride in the fact that others are abused to a greater degree than you, because they refuse to play the games you do.

More and more people are getting the feeling of "enough" and all the people like you rallying against those people with your complacency and acceptance of the absurdity of the state of affairs will find yourselves becoming less and less relevant.
edit on 25-11-2014 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2014 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Here's something interesting to add to the conspiracies.....

Official: Obama Ordered National Guard Stand-Down During Ferguson Riots

Missouri Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder makes stunning claim

(Infowars) – National Guard and police failed to protect businesses targeted by rioters during last night’s chaos, leading to charges that the Obama administration issued a stand down order.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask this but....

I'm watching this stream

fox2now.com...

There are 31+ Police vehicles (of different types, even national guard).

They were all driving with their lights on and at full speed (they even had their own private lane on the highway I think), but when they got close to the command post, they turned off all of their sirens and lights. The man with the camera (on the heli) is trying his best to NOT film the command post.

Why can the command post not be filmed, and why is it such a secret?
edit on 25-11-2014 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Here;s the "smoke and mirrors" lady.. At that, let this post wither on the vine

edit on 25-11-2014 by teslarocks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Ridiculous.

Apparently you didn't pay any attention to the nearly 4 million tweets (not counting retweets) on Twitter, in a 6 hour period -- about 250,000 of which originated the epicenter in Ferguson according to geotagging trackers.

Not to mention the protest in many other cities.

Then why did they wait until night to announce their decision? Law enforcement is well aware that crowds are much more difficult to control at night. More people are off work and school to join these "protests".

Also the fact that the National Guard was active but never deployed smells fishy to me.

www.usatoday.com...

They have had three months to prepare for this. I can understand the first round of riots catching them off guard, but three months? Otay.

I also find it funny that they timed this announcement to coincide with prime time MSM viewing hours for people to see all of the rioting in all of its fearmongering glory.

They wanted it to blow up and they wanted people to see it all on the news.
edit on 26-11-2014 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Thanks I was watching the live stream just about 20 mins after the announcement, I had to watch the vid where his phone got stolen... He later went onto twitter and said the cops sent in an undercover to steal it hahahaha

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join