It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Grand Jury: No Indictment for Darren Wilson in Michael Brown Shooting

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: Spruce

Well, every 4th of July we celebrate almost exactly that.

I wonder how ATS would characterize the Boston Tea Party if it played out in 2014. LOL!

Residents of Boston are left without their morning tea after a group domestic terrorists dressed in racially inappropriate native american attire raided a local supply ship, throwing all of the tea overboard. Up next we will have our political analyst come on to discuss the long term ramifications this could have on the economy, and the colony's growing dissent with our British Monarchy. Stay tuned to BBC Colonies for more.
edit on 25-11-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Morningglory

Well that's exactly how the cop who pulled over my hubby/I acted. We got the lights behind us, pulled over/stopped and sat there wondering why we were pulled over.

No cops approached us. We sat there for the longest time even after back up arrived. Turns out they did the right thing/followed procedure for a report of domestic violence.

But you pulled over. Had you not complied to the flashing lights to pull over, i guarantee the officer would have pursued you.

The story from about this case seems to be he asked Brown and his friend to move off of the street and they rfeused or argued or approached the vehicle, etc.

I am not saying that is what happened, nor am I defending Wilson. I am merely pointing out that if an officer demands you pull over or move off the street and you don't I believe the norm would be for them to pursue you. Otherwise, criminals would just flee and the officer would have no choice but to sit there and wait for backup while they escaped.
edit on 25-11-2014 by Grambler because: messed up quote feature

link   

originally posted by: Grovit

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

I don't think of him as an adult I know the 18 year olds in my family are still not exactly what I'd call ready for world leadership. .

you dont have think of him as an adult. fact is, he was an adult
i also didnt call him a world leader. i called him an adult, which he was....

Then you have made your choice which media created "character" is the demon.
I support that.

link   

thats your perspective...
mine is brown is dead cause he attacked a cop

So proportionate force in your opinion is Death.... to be shot and killed any time there is a physical altercation with anyone?

you also dont know that brown would still be alive if wilson had a tazer...
you cant know that....

I'd happily wager any amount you like that he'd have had a better chance.

im confident in saying had brown not attacked wilson, he would still be alive.

I'm confident in saying that if Wilson didn't murder an unarmed suspect, he'd still be alive.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

The common denominator is systemic injustice and disenfranchisement.

link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: blupblup

Again.....a Tazer is not there to deal with a violent combative person.

I don't know. I would have lit his ass up like a Christmas tree if I'd had one.

link   
a reply to: Grovit

These riots have little to do with Brown being shot by officer Wilson, that incident was merely a spark. Distrust of the police is a big issue in some communities.

This needs to be addressed. I am certain that many who are protesting in a place like New York have been targeted by policies like "Stop and Frisk". The citizens feel they are being bullied by the police and the perception is the police are immune from the law, and they are in many situations.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: f4rwest
a reply to: lovebeck

Shootings like this one will stop when people stop breaking the law. Which will be never.

I was telling a friend that they should make Ferguson and like cities all black cops and see if the crime stops. Chances are that they will think that the cops will turn a blind eye to the criminals crimes and everything will be sunshine and rainbows.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

So proportionate force in your opinion is Death.... to be shot and killed any time there is a physical altercation with anyone?

pretty sure i didnt say that....
what i am saying is a person should expect to get shot if they attack a cop and go for their gun...

on a different not, its guys like this i feel bad for...

look at his store

v.cdn.vine.co...

^^^^nothing screams justice like that

edit on 25-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

i didnt know a cop was expected to wait for backup before approaching a person walking in the middle of the street.
so cops can only approach people in tandem now?

Why not if they feel it's warranted?

LE assumed if my hubby was the suspect he could possibly use his vehicle as a deadly weapon. Wilson considered Brown's size a deadly weapon don't really see the difference.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
Distrust of the police is a big issue in some communities.

im no fan of the cops.
i dont like them and i dont trust them.
i try to avoid them at all costs.

i also dont riot and loot....a kid just got killed in cleveland the other day. not too far from my city...
you will not see me out there rioting and looting and destroying stuff.

so yeah, there is that

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

People don't want to hear that though, too scary, too close to home. If the narrative is kept strictly about a young black thug then no tough conversations are had and nothing changes.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

No it has not. Qualified immunity has never been applied in a criminal case. Civil yes all the time, but not criminal. You are convinced though so ill let it be both because I've wasted enough time trying to convince a stranger that water is wet and I don't want to steer the thread off topic.

In all sincerity, have a nice day and happy holidays! (Too early for that?)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Distrust of the police is a big issue in some communities.

i also dont riot and loot....a kid just got killed in cleveland the other day. not too far from my city...
you will not see me out there rioting and looting and destroying stuff.

so yeah, there is that

If it was my kid, I would have stripped my self naked, war paint on and hells gates would not have stopped me and my fury on those that took my child.

Each reacts differently I suppose

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Morningglory

Your hubby didn't go after the LE's weapon, or assault him.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

These riots have little to do with Brown being shot by officer Wilson, that incident was merely a spark. Distrust of the police is a big issue in some communities.

This needs to be addressed. I am certain that many who are protesting in a place like New York have been targeted by policies like "Stop and Frisk". The citizens feel they are being bullied by the police and the perception is the police are immune from the law, and they are in many situations.

You have nailed the crux of it.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Simple answer is YES!!!

Don't want to be shot.....don't attack someone.

Personally..if you physically attack me...I will shoot you. End of story.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

pretty sure i didnt say that....
what i am saying is a person should expect to get shot if they attack a cop and go for their gun...

Sure, if that's the way things are done... then shoot.
But several shots to the legs would have taken him down.... he had ample chance when he decided to pursue Brown.
It's either a completely bungled, amateur attempt to stop the suspect... or he decided "I'm not gonna be spoken to like that by this punk thug.... **** it, I'll show him...." *Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang*

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Having been tased, and played with massive amounts of electricity growing up, I know that a tazer will not stop everyone. Just as pepperspray effects people differently, so does electrical current.

AS a whole, it seizes and constricts muscles. But, once the voltage is removed, a person can recover differently then another.

Again, the Tazer was not intended in being used in the fashion it currently is.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Simple answer is YES!!!

Don't want to be shot.....don't attack someone.

Personally..if you physically attack me...I will shoot you. End of story.

This is exactly why America and people like you are seen as Insane, raving lunatics.
Bloodlust and a hard-on for shooting people.
Look at me me wrong, I'll shoot & kill you.... step to me, I'll shoot & kill you.... Swing a punch at me.. well, because I'm a pussy, I'll shoot & kill you.

A police officer has a duty to try and maim the suspect, so that he can be brought to justice, you know, actual, real justice.
A court of law... not for the officer to be judge, jury and executioner.

Utterly pathetic.

new topics

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join