It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Grand Jury: No Indictment for Darren Wilson in Michael Brown Shooting

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

The ones who are there legitimately protesting, not just to stir trouble? Yeah, I'm sure some of those probably engaged in last night's violence as well as pent up anger and emotion overflowed. The causes are numerous but among them: poor relations between the police and the community, racial tensions and a feeling by some that they've been wronged, and the media, activists and a few gov't officials stirring the pot are among the contributing factors. Undoubtedly, there are more.

But as I stated in my reply to the person who posed that question, I think a significant percentage of those actively rioting and looting probably didn't fall into that category. For them, it was just a convenient excuse.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
you can say all that 100 times.
that does not mean their perception is correct...

Right, it doesn't.

But politically, culturally, sociologically and historically speaking - it doesn't matter.

Iraq didn't have WMDs either. LOL!
edit on 11/25/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

link   
I believe the majority (heavy majority) were there last night for peaceful protest, but, there was a small fraction of people who wanted to prey on the situation at hand... Very opportunistic people who saw there chance to riot and loot, knowing there was a small likelihood they would be caught. In there eyes, it was a easy/quick payday. I would bet most of the rioters weren't even residents of the community, but outsiders.. Feel horrible for the business owners, especially right before "Black Friday", a holiday most all businesses depend on to hit yearly figures, and now they're all picking up the pieces today.. Damn shame

link   

originally posted by: nullafides

At no point did I say anyone SHOULD forgive.

I simply asked if it was not possible that someone should deserve to be forgiven.

The Govt must.

For others....it is up to them.

And truly, when you forgive, you must also stop picking the scabs of the wound. Otherwise, the wound cannot heal.

Hence why I am against the idea of continued punishment to felons.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Wow this picture was debunked months ago and is not Micheal Brown.

jhn7537 - i know its hard when you are racist to distinguish different people but not all black people look alike.

link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
a reply to: nullafides

Yes, by stupid I would be truant from school... I was not a gang member, doing drugs, playing with guns, strong arming store clerks and showing disrespect to police by reaching for their firearms...

The issue here is much larger than the actions of one person. It is not such a miniscule issue as the actions of either the officer or Brown.

It deserves far more than a myopic viewpoint.

link   
a reply to: Grovit

HUH? I have no idea what you said. Whatever argument you are making is not coming across as clear. Please rephrase so that I understand the point you are trying to make.

link   
a reply to: jrod

These incidents seem to attract rabble-rousers who can lead a herd of angry people to do incredibly stupid things.

Rioting will not solve anything.

link   
a reply to: Spruce

My point exactly.

I think your missing the point.
edit on 25-11-2014 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

NY has some of the worst in LE.

The "Dunlap" effect has hit 70%.

The Southwest has by far the best in LE. The Northeast not so much. The south not so much either.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

At no point did I say anyone SHOULD forgive.

I simply asked if it was not possible that someone should deserve to be forgiven.

The Govt must.

For others....it is up to them.

And truly, when you forgive, you must also stop picking the scabs of the wound. Otherwise, the wound cannot heal.

Yet again, I did not say the individual must forgive.

Felons are guilty of more sincere and malicious crimes than that of stealing a pack of tobacco product. But are they no less likely deserving of forgiveness whether or not the individual forgives?

The right to decide does not make someones decisions correct.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kgdetroit
a reply to: luthier

Please find my previous post regarding qualified immunity so that you do not continue to think it means something it does not. It is obvious you have no clue as to what it is and keep using it incorrectly in your posts. It was posted a page or two back.

There is so much misinformation on this thread but ill take you learning something as a small victory.

And i can tell you googled it and have no idea how its used in the courtroom. My wife is a lawyer for a state ag and it is the defence constantly used for police. Googling info does not provide you with all the info. Read academic studies on qualified immunity and why so many law professors and lawyers are against it. It has also been debated extensively in the judicial system on both state and federal leve

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: entermemo
Glad someone pointed that out....

link   
a reply to: macman

You also think it is okay for police to use steroids and have even tried to pull some BS saying using steroids does not cause aggression.

We have a culture of police bullying citizens and facing immunity for their actions, that is why there is unrest. It is a lot bigger than Wilson shooting Brown.

link   

originally posted by: entermemo
a reply to: jhn7537

Wow this picture was debunked months ago and is not Micheal Brown.

jhn7537 - i know its hard when you are racist to distinguish different people but not all black people look alike.

LOL, "I know it's hard when you're a racist".... So, by posting a picture that makes me a racist? Okay... I love all you touchy bleeding heart liberals.. If you go against Michael Brown at all or the narrative the media wants you to believe you are a racist... picture being him or not, i don't care, ultimately the kid was a POS who tried to strong arm a store clerk and karma caught up with him...

If I'm a racist, you are a ________ ... well, i can't write it, but I'm sure you can figure it out...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

I owe you an apology. I honestly misread your statement about being against continued punishment of felons.

I respect you for this.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

In his testimony, Wilson frequently portrays Brown as being overpowering and aggressive, comparing the 6-foot-4-inch, 292-pound teen, who was known among relatives and friends as a "gentle giant," to "Hulk Hogan." Wilson himself is nearly 6 feet, 4 inches and weighs 210 pounds, according to his testimony.

"And when I grabbed him, the only way I can describe it is I felt like a five-year-old holding onto Hulk Hogan," Wilson said of his struggle with Brown. "That's just how big he felt and how small I felt just from grasping his arm." Wilson told grand jurors that when he and Brown struggled over the officer's gun, Brown "had the most intense aggressive face. The only way I can describe it, it looks like a demon, that’s how angry he looked."

Wilson said, recalling that Brown punched him through the window of his car.

"I felt that another one of those punches in my face could knock me out or worse," Wilson said. "I mean it was, he's obviously bigger than I was and stronger and the, I've already taken two to the face and I didn't think he would, the third one could be fatal if he hit me right ...Or at least unconscious and then who knows what would happen to me after that."

According to Wilson, Brown responded by grabbing the gun and telling the officer, "You are too much of a pussy to shoot me."

Wilson said after a couple of unsuccessful attempts, he fired two shots from his car, prompting Brown to run from the vehicle. Wilson said he then got out of the car, called for backup and pursued Brown.

"He made like a grunting, like aggravated sound and comes back toward me," Wilson said of Brown's reaction.

He added that he told Brown to get on the ground, and fired the fatal shots when the teenager charged him.

"At this point it looked like he was almost bulking up to run through the shots, like it was making him mad that I'm shooting at him," Wilson said. "And the face that he had was looking straight through me, like I wasn't even there, I wasn't even anything in his way."

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

It has no application in criminal courts, it is a CIVIL doctrine. Find me one instance of qualified immunity being used in a criminal proceeding.

Better go find your wife and clarify. The debate has and always will be in regards to its application in CIVIL proceedings i.e. lawsuits.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
And looting/rioting/destroying your community is a WONDERFUL way to honor this persons death... The family asks for peaceful protest, so does the Governor, the President, etc... But these animals decide to destroy their community... Now watch, they will likely ask for federal/state assistance to repair the damage now...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Why not protest the fact police are nearly always immune to prosecusion,

What are you saying here, that Wilson is immune because he's a cop and the Grand Jury was rigged?

No but they have qualified immunity if they have never done the same thing before. People look uo qualified immunity and you will have a better sense of why police dont have the same standards a regular person has.

So what you are saying is because of this "qualified immunity" you feel that was sufficient to throw the case and yet you are trying not to say that the GJ was rigged or otherwise not given proper evidence? Am I reading that correctly, or is there another component to this mystery?

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join