It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Grand Jury: No Indictment for Darren Wilson in Michael Brown Shooting

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
a reply to: FlyersFan

flyer...so you think after being told to get out of the middle of the street and move to the sidewalk, brown went ghetto-crazy-bad, reached into the patrol car, went for the officer's gun, and then punched the officer, with no verifiable witnesses to that affect?....and....once the officer got out of the car and pulled his weapon, and fired off a few rounds at brown, brown being one bad-ass MF'er, stopped, turned around, saw that the officer was pointing a gun at him, but, still ran toward the officer, to get shot at several more times?
uhmm...ok...

Very first witness report I read says that.

graphics8.nytimes.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: watchdog

Your post reminded me of this(a favorite song of mine from the hippie era)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Racism being around doesn't change the fact that the cop was innocent and Brown caused his own death.

My point is this - you can only make those statements based on the investigation of the very people employing the cop.

And that is what needs fixing. Until there is independent accountability for dead, unarmed citizens, there will always be this drama. As it stands right now, police departments don't even have to report these altercations/interactions. We hear about them only if the family or community speaks out. If LEOs had to report the incidents to the Justice Department, the ACLU or a non-profit oversight organization, the stats would change overnight.

And, as you say on previous page - Wilson is not judged innocent, just not enough to go to trial to prove his innocence or guilt.
edit on 11/25/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
originally posted by: Grovit

so its wilsons fault because he didnt hide in his car with the doors locked and the windows up?

I thought that's called waiting for backup.

something is seriously wrong if that is how cops are expected to act....

Well that's exactly how the cop who pulled over my hubby/I acted. We got the lights behind us, pulled over/stopped and sat there wondering why we were pulled over.

No cops approached us. We sat there for the longest time even after back up arrived. Turns out they did the right thing/followed procedure for a report of domestic violence.

They got a call about a truck matching ours chasing a woman through a neighborhood trying to run her over. It was late my hubby had just picked me up from work when we were stopped.

The cops were on the radio trying to get updates/more info before approaching us. If we were the couple they wanted to proceed cautiously. Domestic calls are risky for all involved.

Finally an officer came to our window explained the situation, asked us to be patient awhile longer. Cops across town got the guy but were still looking for the woman. Satisfied we weren't the fighting couple, the officer apologized and let us go.

It was little strange to be pulled over and just sit there. Obviously he pulled us over for a reason and we just had to wait. We didn't think he was hiding/shaking in his boots. It's pretty much SOP in our town for LE to wait for back up when warranted.

We didn't think less of the officer for doing so. An overzealous cop would've pulled his gun, dragged us out possibly escalating the situation. Not sure how my hubby would've reacted. Instead everyone kept their cool and we all went home, except the maniac husband he went to jail.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Thank you for explaining Grovit.

2nd

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Grovit
Exemplary coached testimony. We even had the word demon thrown in.

you very well may be correct....the testimony and language very well could have been coached....i absolutely accept that.

does not change the fact that brown was an adult. brown was a pretty big boy. brown shoved around a store clerk. brown punched a cop. brown tried to steal(for the second time that day:dn
the cops gun

people are laying blame on everyone and every thing except the person who is at fault...brown

I don't think of him as an adult I know the 18 year olds in my family are still not exactly what I'd call ready for world leadership. The brain doesn't stop growing 'til 28, I think you can be a very young 18 year old or a very old one.

Anyway,
The grand jury decided there wasn't enough to go to trial, My personal belief is Wilson got away with murder, but my belief is irrelevant.
The system is there to work for for all of us.

THAT SAID, I also think that people should NEVER forget how to protest and cherish that they can in the US. If they feel they are being battered by a military people squad then they should pick up there pace and riot. It keeps this country with the people. The victims of the riot, I am sorry for, but there is no safe text book approach to freedom of expression even when that expression is rage.

Lastly, most of it I feel very unattached to emotionally as I think that Ferguson is a media scripted circus. as I said before, there is a perfect bully and a perfect victim, leave it to you to decide which one to demonise and which one to support.
edit on 25-11-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Morningglory

Well that's exactly how the cop who pulled over my hubby/I acted. We got the lights behind us, pulled over/stopped and sat there wondering why we were pulled over.

good for you and your hubby.
i didnt know a cop was expected to wait for backup before approaching a person walking in the middle of the street.
so cops can only approach people in tandem now?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Yes, by all means, endorse destruction of infrastructure to decry something you disagree with.

ROLLEYES

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

a reply to: Grambler
And the blood evidence, the dna evidence and the bullet evidence confirms the officers account.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

You also think it is okay for police to use steroids and have even tried to pull some BS saying using steroids does not cause aggression.

When did I state that???

Your still making crap up I see.

link   
Regardless of how much of an asshole or criminal Michael Brown was, he's dead because the officer simply wasn't physically comfortable carrying a non-lethal weapon. (A Tazer)

Even if he claims he didn't "Have room" for it on his belt or didn't "Feel comfortable" with it... why wasn't it in the Squad Car??

edit on 25/11/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

I don't think of him as an adult I know the 18 year olds in my family are still not exactly what I'd call ready for world leadership. .

you dont have think of him as an adult. fact is, he was an adult
i also didnt call him a world leader. i called him an adult, which he was....

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Spruce

Well, every 4th of July we celebrate almost exactly that.

I wonder how ATS would characterize the Boston Tea Party if it played out in 2014. LOL!

link   

originally posted by: Spruce
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Yes, by all means, endorse destruction of infrastructure to decry something you disagree with.

ROLLEYES

Tell that to the original tea party rioters

link   
a reply to: nullafides

No worries.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

I wonder how ATS would characterize the Boston Tea Party if it played out in 2014. LOL!

LOL double jinx!

link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Oh I love that song! It is too one of my favorites. It is a few years before my time, but has a great message. Thanks for sharing.

link   

originally posted by: blupblup
Regardless of how much of an asshole or criminal Michael Brown was, he's dead because the officer simply wasn't physically comfortable carrying a non-lethal weapon.

thats your perspective...
mine is brown is dead cause he attacked a cop

you also dont know that brown would still be alive if wilson had a tazer...
you cant know that....

im confident in saying had brown not attacked wilson, he would still be alive.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Again.....a Tazer is not there to deal with a violent combative person.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Well, there's a bit of a difference between one man's death and the birth of a nation.

new topics

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join