It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for everyone regarding immigration

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Have you been paying attention to what's going on in Mexico lately? Protests and mass demonstrations. And what are they *issed off about, the 43 dead students, the corruption, and why?

Because of US involvement in Narco trafficking and gunrunning. This has killed hundreds of thousands innocents alone.

edit on 23-11-2014 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BABYBULL24
First off l don't support Obama, and it's quite noticeable you don't either.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Hold on.. You can't just make a leap like that. I agree that US officials are complicit in many wrongs done by the cartels.

But the cartels are still central and southern Americas fault.

The US is just looking the other way when it's convenient. When it's not, the US will burn them.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Really. Have you ever heard of the Zetas, who trained them at fort Bragg? Then they turn around and became the most ruthless of all the cartels.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I would be upset as well but would stay home to make a difference in my own country. Corruption runs very deep in Mexico, every person poor or rich, old or young is corrupt compared to our standards. That's a broad generalization I know but kinda true, police take money on the spot for fines, the same people upset about the Narco trade would benefit greatly if they worked toward changing the laws right there, you can purchase many Narco products legally without a prescription from the corner store there which drives the Narco problem we have at home with drug tourist going there and bringing it back.

The same exact problems they have there, we also have so opportunity is not necessarily greater here than there. Actually I think more opportunities abound there than here, especially if they don't speak the language and have no desire to learn.

Again I think you are missing what the executive action is covering, is someone crosses the border tomorrow they are not covered. Most likely will not be deported or jailed for breaking federal law but the action Mr. Obama is taking covers children born here or children brought here illegally by their parents, and will include those parents.

And I believe its only those who have been here 5 years or more and it will cost them lots of money...not a great start in a country where you don't even speak the language.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
& your right they are not stupid people - the women are all pushing baby carriages up to the hospital because they know the way to be foot deep is to have a kid here & they all have kids in the US so they can bring their mother, grandmother, grandfather, uncle, cousin etc...

Sorry if i sound racist but really i lived in a small town in NJ that was overrun by Illegal Latinos & I'm f'in pissed off about it!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

All of the cartels have ex-military personnel from many different countries and armies. The fact remains that these countries cannot control them domestically and so the problems spill over.

And it's always up to the US. The US has become the new most convenient scapegoat when it comes to international problems.

I am not exonerating the US in any way. I don't think we're the worlds guardian angels, but we're also not the source of all it's problems.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Absolutely NOT! See, there are these things called integrity and honesty, and if a person would come into my country illegally, they more than likely would come into my house illegally. They have already shown that they have no regard or respect for the law of this country, and that speaks volumes about their character. On top of sneaking over the border, once here they will have to gain a legal identity, which they will have to steal from someone. On top of that any contract they enter once here will be fraudulent because they are using a stolen identity. So then they can cause major problems legally, financially and many other ways for the poor sucker who's life they have stolen. I've actually seen this happen personally! So no, it would not change my mind at all. They are a drain on our system, and they cost us much more than they contribute to our society. Below are just a few statistics that are directly attributed to Illegal aliens that emphasize my point.

Illegal Alien Stats

Compiled from Federal Bureau of Investigation and Department of Homeland Security reports:

* 83 % of warrants for murder in Phoenix are for illegal aliens

* 86 % of warrants for murder in Albuquerque are for illegal aliens.

* 75 % of those on the most wanted list in Los Angeles, Phoenix and Albuquerque are illegal aliens.

* 24.9 % of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals

* 40.1 % of all inmates in Arizona detention centers are Mexican nationals

* 48.2 % of all inmates in New Mexico detention centers are Mexican nationals

* 29% (630,000) of convicted illegal alien felons fill Arizona and federal prisons at a cost of $1.6 billion annually

*53% plus of all investigated burglaries reported in California,
New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona and Texas are perpetrated by illegal aliens.

* 50% plus of all gang members in Los Angeles are illegal aliens

* 76% plus of all apprehended cars stolen in 2005 in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and California were stolen by Illegal aliens or
"transport coyotes."

* 47% of cited/stopped drivers in California have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 47%, 92% are illegal aliens.

*63% of cited/stopped drivers in Arizona have no license, no
insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 63%, 97% are illegal aliens

*66% of cited/stopped drivers in New Mexico have no license, no
insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 66%, 98%
percent are illegal aliens.

*380,000 plus "anchor babies" were born in the United States to illegal
alien parents in just one year, making 380,000 babies automatically
US citizens, and * 97.2 percent of all costs incurred from those births were paid by
the American taxpayers.

So again I say NO!!!

Detain and deport them wherever they are found! It's said that we can't deport them all, but that is BS. We've done it in the past, and we could do it again. A good start would be cutting off their reasons for coming in the first place. Fine employers $100,000 per illegal found working for them, plus 10 years in jail per illegal. Then cut off their housing by applying the same fines applied to employers, plus the forfeit of any property used to house them. Then remove them from all social safety net programs such as food stamps, section 8, etc. because they used a false identity to obtain them. Also amend the 14th amendment to eliminate the "anchor baby" problem.

It's so simple, and by just taking 3 of the above mentioned actions we could eliminate the problem of illegal immigration quickly and permanently. Almost all of them would be gone within 3 months or less. The problem is we don't have any politicians with the balls to do it. Protecting our border is actually one of the responsibilities of the Federal government that is written out in the U.S. Constitution, but they have failed miserably. They are too focused on spying on and screwing the taxpayers to actually live up to one of the few responsibilities they are obligated to do. The only thing this new amnesty is going to achieve is cause a mad rush of more illegals over the border to try to take advantage of the new rules. He's basically told all the votes and citizens that rebuked him in the election to go screw themselves, and the fact that he intentionally waited until after the election shows that he knew that 79%+ of the citizens did not want this amnesty.

It's even more telling about his character and intentions that after a pounding in the election by the people he works for, the most important thing on his agenda was to take care of foreigners that have no right to be here.

edit on 11/23/2014 by ScooterKat because: Spelling correction

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I understand. I know what the presidents EO covers.

Most of the migrants live in an area that speaks predominantly Spanish and have everything they need in their own language, banking, restaurants ect.

I was just asking a question about what people thought as posed, no strings attached.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ScooterKat

And hopefully these are the ones who'll be deported, felons.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
For all the people who want to deport the illegals, have you even looked at how much it would cost.
Lets say it costs $10,000 to deport one person, probably low. You have to factor not only air fare, but legal fees, court costs, incarceration costs till they are deported. But some would say just round them up and ship them out, wait, you are upset with Obama for violating the Constitution, but would violate the same Constitution which gives a right to a fair trial to every one in the United States.

So back to the calculation $10,000 X 5,000,000 = $50 billion, not chump change, but we can just raise taxes.
So how long would it take, if you could deport 10,000 a day (don't count on it), then only 500 days, about 2 years.

All we have to do is stop the inflow and all our problems will be solved.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal
a reply to: Metallicus

So if you knew that there was one person who in ten years was going to unite humanity, all humanity, you still would say no?

I am not looking to be 'united' I want to be left the hell alone.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Really so pissed off am thinking about starting a militia to get these people out - the local cops do nothing & the Feds/Obama won't do anything - think it's time to start kicking ass & not taking names.

It's time for action!
imo

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Just a little touch of thread drift, can we please stay on topic to the question.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Thats part of the problem. I don't have everything I need when I go to one of those areas. How am I suppose to order food from someone that speaks another language in my own country ? I have been to several Chicken franchises and hamburger joints that have signs that say only Spanish spoken....when someone puts a sign up that says only English spoken all heck breaks out.

I have traveled and lived in a number of foreign countries and always make a point of learning a little bit of the language so I can converse. These immigrants are coming to another country unwilling in large numbers to even attempt to assimilate, instead costing taxpayers millions because we have to have classes and teachers to try to teach them...our own children are suffering.

They are proud of their country of origin and should be but when it comes time to fly our flag or to show our patriotism we are not allowed to because it may hurt their feelings but they are able to fly their flag from our flag poles and to celebrate their holidays. There are strings attached, you just don't like the answers your getting because you can't see all the problems which are about to result from this executive action.

And humanity will never be united...NEVER...there will always be the Have's and Have not's...it is human nature to divide and conquer and no one is more aware of this than our very own politicians.

edit on 11/23/2014 by DJMSN because: addition

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MinangATS

As stated in my first reply. If they take the simple action I mentioned it would cost us a few hours of time passing the bills to institute the new laws. Thats all, and we probably wouldn't have to actually deport 5% of them! they would leave of their own accord. Blows your figures right out of the water.

edit on 11/23/2014 by ScooterKat because: Spelling

edit on 11/23/2014 by ScooterKat because: More spelling correction...lol

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BABYBULL24

Oh great, have fun...let me know how that goes. Perhaps internment camps or some other inhumane idea.

Drink a beer dude. Relax.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Learn Spanish, idk, it's quite obvios there here.

Evolve, adapt.

edit on 23-11-2014 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

If you have two people who are going to change the world, why would they have to be in the United States? Maybe they would have better opportunities in another country. Maybe being in the US is a hindrance to their world changing mission. I haven't seen a lot of "world changing for the better" stuff coming out of the US lately.

Oh please. Being in the US is going to give anyone an advantage when you compare Mexico.

Some little genius tucked away in a crapass Mexican city is going to have a much better education and a much better chance of succeeding here.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Yeah l agree, that's part of the reason l asked the question.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join