It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for everyone regarding immigration

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
If this is the wrong forum, then please mods move to the appropriate one.

The question I am posing is regarding president Obama's recent executive action regarding immigration, and the some 5 million people he's shielding from deportation.

What if you found out that amongst these 5 million people was one or two individuals that were going to cange the world for everyone, for the better, but you couldn't know who they were, only that amongst them these two people were.

Would this change your mind, and would you feel differently about it knowing this was the case?

Because it is possible that the next great inventor or scientist, or whatever maybe is amongst this group.

So, what do you think?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

I would say that 5 million are gonna changes things around here quite a bit.Whether we want them to or not.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
More people forces the governments hand in providing care- making them even harder to rid ourselves of. As if it's not impossible enough already.

Any super bright minds will be ignored, covered up, or absorbed.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I understand all that, but your not answering the question.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Anything's possible.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
No. It wouldn't change my mind.

The people broke our laws and illegally invaded our country.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I break our laws every day- most of them are idiotic.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

So if you knew that there was one person who in ten years was going to unite humanity, all humanity, you still would say no?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

The specific individual would change the world whether they were in the USA or their home country.

The cost of having the other 4,999,999 lazy stupid criminals sucking down taxpayer funds would not justify the one good one.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

If you have two people who are going to change the world, why would they have to be in the United States? Maybe they would have better opportunities in another country. Maybe being in the US is a hindrance to their world changing mission. I haven't seen a lot of "world changing for the better" stuff coming out of the US lately.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: Metallicus

I break our laws every day- most of them are idiotic.

Unless breaking the law is an ideology for you I'd consider your actions ill-informed not idiotic.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: chuckk

So let's say that this person only has the opportunity because they have the capability to go to a better school or university here, an opportunity otherwise unavailable.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Whose country is it really? It's just a piece of land, and how did you acquire this land?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It's all a joke cause there is already Amnesty - none of these illegals are getting deported anyway. So Obama said you can stay - News Flash - they were staying anyway...

Obama & his Progressive Movement got slaughtered in the elections 2 weeks ago...he is just being a bitch on his way out.

imo

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Err-
US schools lag behind many other countries- and graduates are crushed by debt in an economy they won't get ahead of before it collapses.

If I thought I could change the world, I wouldn't be trying to do it from here.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal
If this is the wrong forum, then please mods move to the appropriate one.

The question I am posing is regarding president Obama's recent executive action regarding immigration, and the some 5 million people he's shielding from deportation.

What if you found out that amongst these 5 million people was one or two individuals that were going to cange the world for everyone, for the better, but you couldn't know who they were, only that amongst them these two people were.

Would this change your mind, and would you feel differently about it knowing this was the case?

Because it is possible that the next great inventor or scientist, or whatever maybe is amongst this group.

So, what do you think?

C'moni live in NJ in a town with 10K legal residents with 3K illegals - no crap that is right - 3K illegals & all i see is them doing is carrying cases of cervasas on foot or bike. It's a total joke - i moved out of town cause im not paying taxes for these illegals to pay for their schooling, policing etc...

It makes me sick - the town i grew up in is now infested with mexicans, domicans, etc...just cause the town was the last train stop from Newark.

FU = Obama

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Someone that can change the world would of course be welcomed but if they could change the world they could do it from wherever they are.

Since the 5 million are already here, the amnesty is for children born here or brought illegally to the country and their parents so your question is off base.

Our country was built by immigrants and I welcome any and all as it is a correct assumption that there are to be some special among those numbers who can and will make a difference. Why exclude a majority of the world however ? I have a friend who is Russian that immigrated to the US, learned to speak fluent English and volunteered for the military and earned his citizenship legally however his wife has repeatedly been denied entry or even a temporary Visa.

This amnesty has nothing to do with fixing our system which is broken in far more ways than just the immigration policies but has everything to do with politics. Its not a Democrat thing nor a Republican thing as both parties would do the same thing, just from a different angle, very much like most of the policies they fight over with soundbites and other political rhetoric

Our two party system is really one big party with different ideas on how to reach the same end....reelection....power....money... control and more of it. And not necessarily in that order.
edit on 11/23/2014 by DJMSN because: correction

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BABYBULL24

Good point...at one point in time, l felt the same as many do here. Then as time progressed and l did a lot of reading and some research, my stance began to change, not because l support the left or the right, but because there's enough tragedy and human displacement across the world, we don't need anymore.

The amount of refugees across the globe is staggering, it's not about who can come here or who can go there imo, its about seeing through the travesty for what it is and what it does.

Surely we are better than that.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
If they could change the world they would certainly be capable of changing their citizenship legally.
edit on 23-11-2014 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

(post by BABYBULL24 removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join