It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berkeley students' surprising reaction to ISIS and Israel flags on campus

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
OH IT PROVES SOMETHING!!!!

It proves that even in our Universities, Americans have by and large become retarded in retrospect to the fact that we are supposedly a first world nation.

1: These are mainly students who attend a University system that starts them with a greater degree of debt than anywhere else in the world, an inescapable debt at that, a debt that will for no reason be forgiven in a system that defines your capacity to Exist by that same credit that will be ruined by that debt. 50% of the people walking by will simply never have a life, many will leave school unable to obtain a credit card to pay their electric bill which absolutely will bill them as a shut off date exactly 3 days before their payday. These are NOT smart kids many of them... Skill at regurgitation of material maybe, but lacking actual thought process

2: We are Abysmal in rankings against the rest of the first world in education, lets take Berkeley 36,000 students, 198 of them statistics majors, 224 computer science majors..... This means when you add up the actual sciences in total, like 30,000 of these students are in CRAP like Philosophy and Psychology, Art History, English spewing freaking poems, Poly Sci, History....all of which run the gamut somewhere between completely made up or theoretical junk to revisionist programs to meet political agendas which in the end are 100% opinion only. The vast majority of school isn't just A: wasting their parents money and generational wealth or B: wasting their future economic capacity they are also learning NOTHING of any use to anyone any where in the world...

3: 98% have never left the United States because "Murica" they haven't been to Israel, they haven't been to Palestine, 9 in 10 or more have never even been to Amsterdam to get high for christ's sake... "If You have no Passport, Your Opinion is INVALID"

You could take any end of this, Pro Israel or Pro Palestine and it's meaningless because the people involved are mainly stupid, if the school didn't have a large Asian population virtually everybody there would be an idiot with no personal thoughts other than parroting what amounts to a faculty of people who did too much drugs and didn't want to be drafted or even to ever get an actual job...

And it's true, directly from the video there is ONE sane person, an ASIAN who makes the only sane point "Don't Smoke they will cite you" Why? because unlike the rest of the world many Asians are being raised to value an education and don't PARTICIPATE in this kind of BS mostly, I have 50 bucks that says that kid is A: On a scholarship B: doesn't believe much in this god nonsense and C: was actually in a Science/fact based major (the other 90% of Berkeley can now proceed to call me racist and biased btw even though what i'm saying is correct)

To me this video was summed up at 1:53

when he is engaged by the 350 lb Girl with the dyed hair, i'm sure the 350,000 or so that will be spent if she goes for a PHD will end up amounting to another "social program" somewhere, some useful thesis involving research into an important topic like the realities of the treatment of Obese women in the Sudan. Mostly i'm guessing she will be of no use to anyone other than being the hog perpetually on Friday nights for a large number of very drunk foreign men of African or Middle Eastern decent (please don't tell me you went to college and don't know some version of this girl you'd be a LIAR) then spending the rest of her life pseudo employed at some useless crap while posting her rants on Face Book and getting even more defensive about her cats than she is about social causes and attending A LOT of therapy which will never, ever, ever help her bipolar disorder which will have resulted from her alcohol and coc aine abuse during her time at Berkeley and some other jerk from Berkeley who is her shrink will collect what remains of her money listening to her blame A: her parents B: White Males and C: The government even though he knows full well he can't help her because the drug damage she did is REAL and can't be fixed by "talking".

Screw Berkeley

edit on 21-11-2014 by criticalhit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I think it was pretty plain. With the first flag the students were like, "Is this idiot for real?" And walk around him. As to Israel's flag, not going to get much love for that nowadays.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I don't buy that either... The cross section that involved themselves in the subject were either Islamic and had a personal interest or of the demographic of Americans who are anti Israel in youth to be "radical" punk wanna be's... no one else cared

Jews and Muslims BOTH would like you to think there is some rabid sentiment against them in America and you'll see it certain demographics one way or the other... but mostly people don't give a flying F bomb, Punk scene and those oi oi oi kids from the bar lol, radical liberal college students who got bored of yelling about Meat is Murder and their over paid yet somehow essentially unemployed Professors, hard core rednecks and racists and Muslim Black Panther types...
and here on ats in the more intense conspiracy crowd types...

A total of 2.5% of people in a Nation that for some reason gives a crap about the opinions of the absolute fringe of everything right now...

I'm Jewish (technically) I buy cigs and beer from a Pakistani guy daily, we get along famously, really cool dude even spots me when I need change and stuff never once has been worried i'd rip him off lol... and I never have. He sells Bacon and I eat it lol we've even been out for drinks a few times and the topic of religion has never even come up considering he's a Muslim who sells Bacon and drinks beer and I'm a Jew who has the most Christmas lights for miles... that just makes sense.

Radicals are all Tools, most of anybody isn't radical... even in Berkeley which i'll make fun of for hours, no one gave a damn either way.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

I'm impressed by how much stereotyping, hatred, and ignorance you managed to pack into one post. Did you get your education from watching TV?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

I'm impressed by how much stereotyping, hatred, and ignorance you managed to pack into one post. Did you get your education from watching TV?

Did you get yours from Berkeley?

Actually, I am quite well endowed academically, grew up in NYC around people from everywhere in the world, literally travel overseas semi regularly and i'd be happy to explain to you why the PC crowd is the worst thing that ever happened to this planet.

You see for starters, there are stereo types that apply and that is actually okay, you see Multiculturalism can NOT exist if you eliminate culture and race can it?

For instance as a Jew, let me be the first to say The Jew in the video did look a hell of a lot like Seinfeld, his humor was stereo typically "Jewish" in every way, he had the hair, the nose and even was making "anti antisemitism" a personal "cause" (all while ad supporting his video to make a profit) lol, lol, lol

You see YOU are CULTURE-LESS, most Americans are Culture-less, having customs, traits, diets, beliefs (even if ridiculous) behaviors etc, etc and in AMERICA our pseudo intellectuals have decided that these things are "BAD", mostly at the hands of corporate entities who want to be able to maximize Employment and Consumption

What the "PC" crowd actually is, is a reverse Nazi population...

you see, we are a Corporate Fascist Nation State, with a Culture purely defined by Government via Media with a Race based agenda and apparently a lot of the world just doesn't think that's "cool" Far from a sentiment in this world "anti Jewish" or "anti Muslim" if you really polled the globe what you'd find is "Anti American" is far wider spread than either these days and mostly because we are eliminating culture, diet, tradition and everything else where ever we go and replacing it at gun point with pure crap.

What you clueless, go nowhere, types who think your educated actually don't realize what you call "stereo types" is very often what other people elsewhere call their "culture" "race" religion" and "heritage" and thy don't want your interference in turning their children into clueless bland idiots... particularly after taking thousands of years in some cases to develop those traits.

And Hate, what Hate? making fun of the Obese wanna be punk girl? Like I didn't call her story to a T right? Wake up to the fact that everyone else in the world is making fun of us for even having people like that, Fat, angry, sexually confused, poorly educated trash with horrific self esteem...

Get real... this whole trend this whole philosophy everything we have created here... is now the laughing stock of most of the world, Our greatest export to world culture is a CLOWN, we have a War on everything lol, we have abandoned "Class" almost entirely, our internal debates are reminiscent of the Jerry Springer show

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

So what's your plan? Kill all the fat chicks and college students? The country would be a lot better if the only people left were the ones who ruined it in the first place, right?

My favorite part is how you complain about the lack of culture in America right after discussing how every field of knowledge is garbage except math and science. You are aware culture requires that bs garbage right?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
How many people are expected to know what the isis flag looks like .... i dont and really could careless what their little flag looks like . Kids are busy with studying and probably working fill time to pay attention to what isis flag looks like .. but good for some to call them out as idiots
edit on 21/11/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
All of those isis lovin Israel haters who graduate from there never end up running the world, what a waste of an educational opportunity. All they seem to teach are choir boys n gals who are messed up and already hooked on liberalism, on how to be more liberal and alienating to society.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: maghun

He probably got the ISIS flag from the people who make them in Israel.

AAC

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Or since they are enrolled in an institution where you have to be intelligent to be accepted, perhaps they have more intellect than you and see the true picture of what is really going on?

Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

AAC.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
All of those isis lovin Israel haters who graduate from there never end up running the world, what a waste of an educational opportunity. All they seem to teach are choir boys n gals who are messed up and already hooked on liberalism, on how to be more liberal and alienating to society.

You mean liberalism, the founding concept of our nation?

In a sense all of America is liberalism. "The great advantage of the American," Tocqueville wrote over a century ago, "is that he has arrived at a state of democracy without having to endure a democratic revolution and that he is born free without having to become so." With freedom thus a matter of birthright and not of conquest, the American assumes liberalism as one of the presuppositions of life.

www.writing.upenn.edu...
edit on 21-11-2014 by tavi45 because: fixed formatting

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

So what's your plan? Kill all the fat chicks and college students? The country would be a lot better if the only people left were the ones who ruined it in the first place, right?

My favorite part is how you complain about the lack of culture in America right after discussing how every field of knowledge is garbage except math and science. You are aware culture requires that bs garbage right?

LOL who said anything about killing anyone? And why would anyone come to conclusion that killing people who are killing themselves anyway even serves a purpose? What your REGURGITATING is nonsense from public school that has you internally painting anyone who isn't part of the new American obsession with elimination of actual culture as a mass murderer... You just invented that notion from NOTHING, "people who ruined it in the first place" genocide... what, what, what? Your running away like a kook with sets of assumptions based on guilt crap you were force fed... You don't actually "get" how it is entire populations go Berserk and actually oppress and even kill people in the first place...

Look at what you just wrote

You completely drew all sorts of stuff out of thin air based entirely on my personal dismissal of the current American education system which is in reality by number everything I claimed, expensive beyond comprehension and NOT focused on modern skills... But you "hear" only an internal process you have been indoctrinated in since childhood.

In essence I said things to be short and sweet now about it like...

1: Your not "smart" if you spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to land a career as a social worker for 30, there are only a couple of hundred kids in Berkely actually working at goals in modern job applicable studies, that lifetime debt is ever increasing as a result, that many of these "studies" are not Science or even useful

and no a Nation of psychologists and art critiques does not a "culture" make or IF it does it certainly isn't making a competitive economy and YES you have the right to study whatever you want but if you Major in Greek Philosophy and find yourself working as a stock girl please don't complain when the 1% have all the money because your not out of debt until you late 40's....

And sorry, a "real" culture with a diet developed over centuries doesn't usually lead to anyone being 350 lbs, nor does dying your hair make you radical or prove you know anything and tolerance of everything is standing for NOTHING it's vacant, it feels purposeless and as a result yes we are ALL practically on some kind of dope big pharma or otherwise and it's sad... and Berkley... while one CAN actually say it has a "culture" it is a culture more made fun of than either Islam or Judaism

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I don't know where to begin. First, you do not seem to understand the difference between a culture and a stereotype. Next, you go in to the sort of rote anti-corporate America rant that the pseudo-anarchists you are complaining about would! I enjoy living in a multi-cultural society because it provides alternatives to the disgusting quasi-food that is peddled by squat and gobble food franchises. In emerging nations, these American style restaurants are frequented by people who want to demonstrate their worldly sophistication, just like Americans learning to use chopsticks fifty years ago.

Islamic State is not beheading people because they object to American food, and there is no conspiracy of leftists to impose shari' a on the United States.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: freedomSlave
How many people are expected to know what the isis flag looks like .... i dont and really could careless what their little flag looks like . Kids are busy with studying and probably working fill time to pay attention to what isis flag looks like .. but good for some to call them out as idiots

Oh come the hell on!

What rock have you been under? You frequent ATS; I know this.

That being said do you avoid all threads that may display this asshat of a flag?

Unless your cut off from the world...you would have stumbled upon a visual representation of that flag even if unwillingly.

I'll call BS.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I understand that "stereotype" in the manner we obsess about it is largely an American fascination, by and large in my travels in very few places have I encountered people who are INSISTENT that different people don't share a variety of traits and maintain a rabid angst if that is even mentioned... Most people seem to be aware anywhere else in the modern world to judge people as individuals, individually and that what we call stereo types are also often perfectly valid...

I purposely brought out the point of my own people very often having specific hair features, Nose features and behavioral characteristics, as I pointed out very clearly the "Jewish" guy in the video is Amazingly Jewish and that is NOT a BAD thing as this idiotic obsessive social construct many of you people live in has made it.

I FULLY understand the difference between stereo type and culture and YES Culture creates stereo type, if your CULTURE takes a high degree of pride in Education, Opposes religious involvement, sticks to a specific diet which YES does lead to behavioral mannerisms and has a certain look that will create a "stereo type" in the case as mentioned it is highly, highly more valid to Stereo Type Japanese people for example as being Healthy, educated and hardworking... Because MOSTLY it will work out to be correct.

No where else but AMERICA do people take the the fact that 10% of a group of people might actually NOT be so bright and condemn what your calling a "Stereo Type" if 90% of the people ARE that way.... what kind of Intelligence and more importantly accuracy is it, i judgement call to decide to be wrong 90% of the time so as not to inadvertently insult people we ourselves trained in school to be overly god damn sensitive in the first place when they in the end actually DO represent a small minority of the social group your referring to anyway?

If 65% of Americans are Obese and Loud and your in Germany and you Observe a Fat Loud guy speaking English you CAN and WILL even if your to PC to say it assume it's an American not a British guy particularly if he's wearing a Hawaiian shirt lol...

You know what the reality is? You've been trained like others to be overly sensitive, scared of being seen as "racist" in a society that has taken control of Language from above an indoctrinated that simply observing DIFFERENCE makes you a racist maniac that wants to kill those people

In TRUTH a society that was NOT racist would celebrate difference and encourage it, not try to wash it away with LIES

What we do is sweep reality under the rug and pretend it's not there, which in the end is YES Very "White" of us

Particularly I think as a "culture" what we actually have done is loose track of what the word freedom means and it is making us increasingly an illusionist society held together by control of language, artificial media trends, and straight up lies. "Freedom" as per the "don't yell fire in a movie theater" example is not doing whatever you like, you referred to me above as an anarchist, no, no, no. What we call "Freedom" has become the elimination of social norms, social norms is a very large part of culture and without culture there is no true connection in society between people, we are at best now a society of large numbers of HS like personal definitions, we have social classes like Hipsters and rednecks etc, etc and there is no actual defining fabric to these things, if you possess an actual culture Stereotyping becomes relevant not a bad word because your expected within a culture to follow a set of "norms" and following a set of norms WORKS in society.

Arguing the point here is useless, the case in point in your lifetime will be CHINA, The real reason they rise while we fall is cohesion in society, collective behavior, standards and norms that allow for high productivity, as we have walked away from that, from having an actual American culture and ideals that people are expected to follow and walked into what actually IS Anarchy, emotion based behavior rationalized by an interpretation of the word "Freedom" meaning any one can do anything they like in society for all intents and purposes our education system has started to fail, our heath has become among the worst in the modern world, our productivity has declined and people are actually despite all this BS more divided than ever.

A Culture is a MARVELOUS thing and expecting members of your civilization to adhere to a Culture that works is NOT a negative or anti freedom and it absolutely does end up allowing for stereo types to be real... What your taught stateside is that inevitably leads to violence and that the Freedom of the individual is more important than than the operation of society... IT'S NOT. Your witnessing this failure live daily, Truth be told if we didn't have the military back up we'd be a nothing of a nation at this point and at times it seems the only actual culture we have is War.

Most Americans speak and live a State Ideology at this point and time, such a thing can never replace actual Culture derived from common goals and expectations, such nations Historically always fail or are defeated and to be very Frank, I see no difference between the Master Race America is trying to create under it's banner and unbending philosophical view point of mixing everyone and what the Nazis did by trying to create a Master race via exclusion, in the Long Run it is the creation of a State sponsored culture that eliminates ALL other cultures and Races, Great Tan race Great White Race... fundamentally there is nothing left but the State when said and done.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Someone has to riddle me this, If we are multicultural and 14% of the nation is African American and the rest other and we enforce this full on integration, eliminate stereo types, disallow individual cultural isolation within the fabric of society in 100 years how many African Americans will there actually be? The answer is ZERO

And that's why I say all this pc stuff is actually nothing more than cultural and ethnic cleansing to replace our individual identities with a State Sponsored media driven culture, and it is, that's what it is, we have been handed all the right words to make it seem "right" most people follow it ardently and it is, in the end, a void a culture-less void a form of Fascism for lack of a better word

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Pretty much everything I was going to say. A middle-aged white dude waving an IS flag and saying "ISIS is love!" is... rather obviously a troll trying to get footage for the internet. Same middle-aged white dude waving an israeli flag and yelping Israeli slogans is a much more believable character.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I find it very difficult to follow your disjointed rants. You apparently believe in multiculturalism and diversity. You say having culture is great and Nazi's are bad. You complain about our consumerism and statist culture.

You then say we should be more like China where there is a single monolithic culture composed primarily of a single race where dissent and freedom are completely crushed for going against the will of the Chinese state.

I'm just very confused. You keep supporting completely contradictory things. I literally can't follow what your point is besides that you don't like our culture, which I'm in agreement with you on.. So are you proposing we completely surrender ourselves to the state like China? Or are you proposing ending the state control in America? There's just far too many contradictions for me to follow.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

sure, and he is a zionist too.

Terrorists, neo-nazis good for them. Having enemies is a key to their survival...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: maghun
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

Removed to prevent flame warfare. --DJW001
edit on 22-11-2014 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2014 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join