It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Recommendations on Electromagnetic Fields

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
As of late I have found myself becoming more concerned with the effects of the various EMF generating devices we find ourselves surrounded by. It appears that there have been multiple studies that have proven the dangers of EMF radiation proving it is not to be taken lightly. I had heard about the dangers for awhile however my willing ignorance allowed me to casually ignore the research that is out there.

It is for this reason that I am choosing to share this informative document with the hopes of helping others take precaution if they are not, as well as to start up a general dialogue about EMF dangers.

I am open to everyones opinions, for those who doubt the dangers I would like to know why, for those already aware and taking steps to limit the risk, I ask you for your advice. For those who see an intricate conspiracy at our own expense, I would love to hear the theories!

www.emfwise.com...

From some of the sources listed

www.telegraph.co.uk...

A Council of Europe committee examined evidence that the technologies have "potentially harmful" effects on humans, and concluded that immediate action was required to protect children.

electromagnetichealth.org...

In April 2008, the RNCNIRP reviewed the short-term and long-term effects of mobile phone use for children. In particular, it reviewed possible decrease of intellectual abilities and cognition together with possible increases in susceptibility to epileptic fits, “acquired dementia” and degeneration of cerebral nervous structures [11]. The results of clinical studies have shown that chronic exposure to RF EMF may lead to borderline psychosomatic disorders [12, 13, 14, 15, 16]. In 2010, a number of papers published in Russian and foreign peer-reviewed journals showed a response to RF EMF exposure from the immune system [17, 18].

edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130pmThursday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I've seen metal plaques that are sold as decorations. They're supposed to absorb or block EMF. Maybe they're just gizmos to cash in on the latest crazes but perhaps there is some validity to their claims.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

This is where it gets tricky, I do believe there are ways to combat EMF, one example being Orgonite. I have seen plaques that claim to do what you are saying as well with various Sacred Gemetrical patterns etched into them.

Personally I do believe that there is merit to the claims being put out there, but as with anything there will be shucksters trying to take advantage of people seeking to protect themselves. I suppose that is where must research whichever product you are choosing to use. As an example I recently purchased headphones that have a point where they stop and than it is a hollow tube of air going from that point to my ears, which to me makes sense that it would lessen the amount of harmful radiatio making it to my ear since it no longer has a direct line to it.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

I believe you've seen the same ones as I have. How do they work, do they block them or absorb them?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

That I believe is to be understood on a metaphysical level. It is somehow able to harmonize the negative frequencies put out by the EMF.

I do not claim to understand it exactly, however as a matter of belief, I put stock in it. I also do believe that as spirtual beings, as we begin to master the subtle energies of our bodies that science is yet to fully acknowledge, we will be able to protect ourselves from a host of environnmental factors.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
In double- blind tests people self-diagnosed with electromagnetic sensitivity cannot tell if a device emitting radio waves is on or off , i.e. in reality they are not sensitive to electromagnetic fields as they allege ...

"wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_sensitivity"
... systematic review in 2005 showing no convincing scientific evidence for it being caused by electromagnetic fields, several double-blind experiments have been published, each of which has suggested that people who report electromagnetic hypersensitivity are unable to detect the presence of electromagnetic fields and are as likely to report ill health following a sham exposure, as they are following exposure to genuine electromagnetic fields, suggesting the cause to be the nocebo effect ...
en.wikipedia.org...

They may actually be organically-ill and incorrectly attributing the cause of their illness to electronic devices,
or have psychosomatic symptoms brought on by the false belief that electronic devices they see are harmful.

[ The Tin foil hat is not going to help , nor is a
tin-foil-ski-mask ].
edit on 20-11-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

BTW humans have always been exposed to radio waves from the sun and other stars.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: engvbany

I mean that is a nice wikipedia link and all, however simply becuase people can not be aware of an issue due to sensitivity does not mean harmful effects are still not happening. You can smoke for years without being tuned into the damage it is causing.

Here is a very well researched report that is quite thorough.

static.ewg.org...

A joint study by researchers in Denmark,
Finland, Norway, Sweden and the United
Kingdom found that people who had used cell
phones for more than 10 years had a
significantly increased risk of developing
glioma, a usually malignant brain tumor, on the
side of the head they had favored for cell
phone conversations (International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) 2008; Lahkola 2007).

I mean really I think that it has been confirmed time and time again to have adverse effects upon the human body.
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130pmThursday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
There are several competing claims and one needs to look at them carefully.

There have been studies done ..... um ...... paid for by the industry ...so .... we can skip them as useless.

Other studies have been done with the device close to the skull and these can be alarming! But the reality is that kids use text, probably to avoid awkward silences, so the phone is rarely near the cranium.

This is really another re run of the tobacco fiasco where tobacco companies paid for the research to show that tobacco was harmless and we all know how that turned out!

At this stage the only studies of note have use anywhere from 10 to 100 times the power levels and yes, very bad things did happen. But then, science is always doing this. They do not seem to understand the phrase 'every thing in moderation'

Is EMR dangerous ..... yes it is!

How dangerous .......... time will tell.

That is not a good helpful answer, but it is the truth.

Mobiles have been in use long enough now, that we know there are not short term problems.

Long term .... ????????????

P

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

... people who had used cell phones for more than 10 years had a significantly increased risk of developing
glioma, a usually malignant brain tumor ...

I mean really I think that it has been confirmed time and time again to have advese effects upon the human body.

Where is the exponential rise in incidence of brain cancer corresponding with the exponential rise in cellphone use in the last 20 years ? ...

originally posted by: pheonix358
Is EMR dangerous ..... yes it is!
How dangerous .......... time will tell.

The experiment has been running for 20 years , the results are shown on the graph above.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Precisely!

In the spirit of time will tell, I shall always air to the side of caution and try to minimize my participation in the experiment!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I do not know where to go and look over the study they have cited in that report, the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) 2008; Lahkola 2007).

However there are valid concerns. I see your point with the graph you showed however I do not know who did that research and how valid that is. Here is another study on the effect and you are correct they have difficulty clearly linking their results so I see your point of not being worried at all!

jama.jamanetwork.com...

In summary, this study provides evidence that in humans RF-EMF exposure from cell phone use affects brain function, as shown by the regional increases in metabolic activity. It also documents that the observed effects were greatest in brain regions that had the highest amplitude of RF-EMF emissions (for the specific cell phones used in this study and their position relative to the head when in use), which suggests that the metabolic increases are secondary to the absorption of RF-EMF energy emitted by the cell phone. Further studies are needed to assess if these effects could have potential long-term harmful consequences.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I see your point with the graph you showed however I do not know who did that research ...

see bottom left corner of graph.

... I shall always air to the side of caution and try to minimize my participation in the experiment!

Then you shouldn't go anywhere near a computer : they emit EMI which can be heard via a coil-pick-up , ( rather than a microphone ) ...
www.freesound.org... [laptop computer]
www.freesound.org... [ another laptop ].

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

If you are really concerned about the potentially
negative health effects, you should check this out.
They have EVERYTHING including EMF blocking paint,
window covers, detectors,meters, etc. But it will cost you
as these items are not cheap.

Link : emfsafetystore.com...

There is a link on the page to the Electromagnetic health page as well.

Personally, I do not like Wi Fi, I can hear it as I type, and am really considering
switching back to Lan Cat 5 cables.

I would do as much research as possible into the subject of EMF health beforehand
to judge whether it is truly warranted before you invest in any products.

Cheers to your health !

edit on 20-11-2014 by Wildmanimal because: typos

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

The experiment has been running for 20 years , the results are shown on the graph above.

Yes it has and nice graph but...

I would like to see the last 4 years of figures 2010 - 2014 to see if that downward trend continues.

There is nothing in that graph that proves mobile phones are to blame. There is also nothing in the graph that alarms me. The rate went from 12/100,000 to 14/100,000 and back down to 13/100,000.

That is hardly significant as I think you are pointing out.

But we still do not know what very long term affects are and I am talking of 40 - 50 years of exposure. Many things only show up in the longer term/. An example of that is tobacco.

P

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It takes a LONG time for the statistics for cancers to be collated; and some of the problems are that we are a very mobile society. When someone is diagnosed with a tumor or dies from what is termed 'cancer' (a lot of times this is inaccurate or incomplete and while the patient may have had cancer, the real cause of death could be multifactorial up to and including the treatment effects themselves), the tumor is given a number and categorized. But there never are studies done on where the person might have lived over their lifetime, what toxins they may have been exposed to, and rarely is their occupation taken into account. Those kind of studies cost a fortune and not only are rarely done, but even more rarely paid attention to.

Simply put, there's a lot we don't know or pay attention to, a lot of variables, and a lot of lies from the various industries concerned.

But if all of a sudden anecdotal reports are coming in of people with brain cancer on the same side of their head as they hold their cell phone, I wouldn't wait for the cell phone industry to do something about it. I'd limit my exposure as much as possible. Maybe learn not to yak so much?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

... to start up a general dialogue about EMF dangers.

I am open to everyones opinions, for those who doubt the dangers I would like to know why

My opinion is mixed on the effect of EMF on human body, I'll talk specifically about TEM wave (those that can propagates).

It is true Radio Frequency (RF) energy is bad past a specific power due to thermal heating (ex. microwave oven) but at reduced power where thermal energy is insignifiant it is hard to demonstrate any kind of bad effects. To support this view, let consider that anything at a temperature above absolute zero (-273.15degC) emit by itself EM radiation, as the temperature increase, the total emited power increase and the frequency of the maximum emited peak increase also. As the element of an oven get hotter, eventually the frequency of emision goes to light, from IR, to red ... So my point is that every cell of your body emit a wide range of EM energy, including RF. This is thermal noise field. Military camera called FLIR can detect the heat emited by a person in the Far IR spectral band.

Due to thermal emission, it is reasonable to say that our cell can tolerate low level of EM field since they evolved with such field.

Another thing that puzzle me however is the geometry of components inside cells responsible to separate (pull) on DNA during cell division, called centrosome. These orthogonal structure probably orient themself using magnetic coupling, so in theory may be affected by EM field even of low frequency. But this is just speculation on my parts.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

Thank you kindly for the information! I do know that it can be quite pricey, but I also do believe there is merit to taken whatever steps you can. You listed one I am in complete agreement with and that it getting rid of the WIFI.

I am looking forward to listening to the the experts on the electromagnetichealth.org page. I do keep in mind that perhaps they are simply trying to sell me something they have stock in, regardless I shall listen and absorb as much as I can.

I am not to fond of governmental/corporate studies and honestly I do not think there is a difference between our government and the major cell phone makers/providers so I am highly skeptical of the whole no harm proven theory!

Cheers to your health as well!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildmanimal
There is a link on the page to the Electromagnetic health page as well.

Hardly an unbiased source of information on the subject : a company trying to sell you EM protection.

originally posted by: Wildmanimal
Personally, I do not like Wi Fi, I can hear it as I type, and am really considering switching back to Lan Cat 5 cables.

Whatever you are hearing it isn't WiFi as that is in the Gigahertz range , human hearing only extends to 14-20 KiloHertz ( depending on how old you are ) . You may be hearing the whine of a computer fan motor or the power supply which do produce audible sound , or if you can hear it when the computer is off, and nobody else can hear it, you may have tinnitus.

If you switch the WiFi off on the computer , (e.g. airplane mode) , and unplug the WiFi-router from the power supply, and you can still hear the noise then it cannot be due to your WiFi.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

Thank you kindly for your informed response.

You touched upon the exact area of my concern. that of the sublte energies that make up what is called our Auras. I personally believe that we are far more than simply a physical body and as you noted the geometry of our cells may be effected in ways we can only begin to imagine, but to me from looking beyond the physical, I think there may be an element of spiritual suppression going on on a level that science is unable to measure.

I suppose the only way I can really explain what I am saying is to describe what it feels like to be out in the middle of nature, pick your favorite spot, away from the modern technology and think about what it is like to simply be there and breathe and tune inwards so to speak. I feel like these EMF's block our ability to do this to a certain extent.

Like when you sleep, I have experienced a very real difference between having my WIFI/Cell phone off, in the sense of vividness of dreams as well as the ability to recall them. Beyond that, the quality of sleep is by far greater!

edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130pmThursday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

... out in the middle of nature, pick your favorite spot, away from the modern technology ...

in the middle of nature, in sunlight , or under the stars , bathing in the electromagnetic radiation those nuclear reactors emit , radiation which includes those allegedly harmful radio waves.

You may be less stressed when not having a cellphone on you, but it's not the absence of radiowaves that causes the relaxation: it's being incommunicado.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join