It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Recommendations on Electromagnetic Fields

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: engvbany

It is clear that you have no concerns regarding Cell phones or any other EMF radiating devices for you see them as the same kind of risk as the natural energies around us! Perhaps there is not as much to worry about as I originally thought, although I will still continue looking into things and being cautious in generel

I thank you for your contribution!
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130amFriday3 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

It is clear that you have no concerns regarding Cell phones or any other EMF radiating devices for you see them as the same kind of risk as the natural energies around us! Perhaps there is not as much to worry about as I originally thought, although I will still continue looking into things and being cautious in generel

I thank you for your contribution!

What's the difference between "natural energies" and those created and used by electrical devices?
Be as specific as you can please.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Electromagnetic fields are a 2-sided sword. On the one hand, there is evidence that some frequencies are harmful to living beings, yet other frequencies are beneficial. I book I found highly informative is "The Body Electric" by Robert Becker.

Becker then found that regeneration could be improved by applying electricity at the wound when there was a negative potential outside the amputation stub, He also found that bone has piezoelectric properties which would cause an application of force to generate a healing current, which stimulated growth at stress locations in accordance with Wolff's law. In another part of the book Becker described potentials and magnetic fields in the nervous system, taking into account external influences like earth magnetism and solar winds. He measured the electrical properties along the skin surface, and concluded that at least the major parts of the acupuncture charts had an objective basis in reality. In the last chapters of the book, Becker recounts his experiences as a member of an expert committee evaluating the physiological hazards of various electromagnetic pollutions. He presents research data which indicate that the deleterious effects are stronger than officially assumed. His contention is that the experts choosing the pollution limits are strongly influenced by the polluting industry.

The above comes from the wiki-entry on the book.

Another field where EM-fields are now being used to help humans and animals, are the field of Electrotherapy, like TMS (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation), tDCS (transcutaneous Direct Current Stimulation), TENS (Transcutaneous Electric Nerve Stimulation), DBS (Deep Brain stimulation), and lots of other forms of stimulating the brain and/or nerves electrically. Electric/Magnetic fields are being used to help people with Parkinson's and other brain and nerve problems, as well as stimulating regrowth of fractures.

I myself walk now permanently with a device using electricity to stimulate my brain and nerves. Without it, I cannot open my eyes, go into breathing crisises, and get seizures. So, for some of us, we need electric fields to keep us alive and functioning.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?

I suppose that the difference to me is that the natural energies are simply that they exist all around us, we generate electrical output, as does the sun. It is beneficial to absorb the suns energies, whereas absorbing say microwave energy is not so beneficial. Specifically looking at cell phones they have a radio frequency that some studies have brought into question of their safety. To me I do not trust that they are safe.

a reply to: Hellhound604

Thank you for the recommendation on the book! I do know that there are some amazing things going on in the healing world with EM. Not quite the list you produced but all of that sounds amazing! I am glad to hear that it helps you as it does!

To both of you

I believe in the healing power of Reiki which is energy flowing from me to you, I do not know what EM frequency range this would be measured at, but I do believe that there is healing frequencies and destructive frequencies in the whole EMF spectrum, personally I think that the Cellphone/WIFI frequencies are on the destructive side, where as the natural energies of the earth, ourselves, and the sun are healing side.
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130amFriday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Another field where EM-fields are now being used to help humans and animals, are the field of Electrotherapy, like TMS (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation), tDCS (transcutaneous Direct Current Stimulation), TENS (Transcutaneous Electric Nerve Stimulation), DBS (Deep Brain stimulation), and lots of other forms of stimulating the brain and/or nerves electrically.

Not that I want to step on anyone toe, but one or two precision may be of interest here: There is distinction between electric field, electric current, magnetic field and RF TEM energy in practice. Complete explanation would be difficult and long. However it is important to know that what we call radio wave (RF) are the EM wave that can propagate over infinite distance. They are called TEM for Transverse Electrical Magnetic and consist of "coupled" magnetic and electric field. They have a wavelength that relate to light speed in medium and frequency, Uncoupled magnetic or electric cannot propagate past a distance of couple wavelengths. In others words, TEM waves are made from a varying magnetic field (H) that produce a varying electric field (E) that in turn generate a varying magnetic field (H) and so on...

Many medical applications like TENS use an electrical current in human body to affect the ionic pump of the nervous cell, thus activating conduction in them or achieve specific effect. These are not TEM wave. Also the frequency of the electrical current must be low or else it will be past the "speed" of those ionic pumps and not activate neuron.

Now back at RF energy: These waves decrease in power with the square of the distance from antenna for a cell phone (omnidirectionnal). This make it easy to protect oneself from these signals, just keep a little distance from the transmitter. If you use a hand free cable, put ferrite on the cable to limit this cable capability to act like a retransmitting antenna.

Another thing I remember that may be interesting to the thread here: within one or two wavelength of the transmitting antenna, the TEM field is not yet "correctly" formed and there exist local "uncoupled" magnetic and electric field that according to one of my teacher back in EM class are to "avoid". For a cell phone at 1.9GHz, a wavelength is approx. 0.16 meter (~ 6 inchs). Simply said it would be carefull to avoid your head to be within that distance from the cell phone.

One more thing: Light is simply TEM energy at a very very high frequency, there is no distinction with radio wave except the frequency. And since the energy of TEM wave increase with its frequency, there exist a threshold where a simple "unit" of TEM wave (a photon) have enough energy to ionize an atom. It is somewhere in the ultraviolet. Past this threshold, TEM wave are now very dangerous to human tissues. If you go higher in frequency there is X-ray, then Gamma ray...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

Lol

I laugh at my own ignorance here!

There is far more to energy than I wish to spend time on, however I do appreciate you verifying my desire limit my exposure to cell phone wavelengths! I may not have a full understanding of the way WIFI/Cellphone works however there seems to be legitamate concern as I originally thought!

Thank you Mcfly!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
People get all excited about EMR from phones, radio, tv, powerlines, transformers but you can't avoid that if you live in the developed world. Proximity is the key so don't spend hours on the cell phone, use a handsfree mod so it's not against your ear for hours every day. I've had people terrified of a power transformer outside their house or living within sight of HV transmission lines yet they'll sleep on an electric blanket all night without any concern and guess which one exposes them to the strongest field
. Then there's the old CRT TVs that can emit x-rays if the anode voltage is a little high.

From what I've seen over a long time all these fears are essentially unfounded paranoia stirred up via the internet. If there's any evidence at all it's so inconclusive as to be non-existant.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I suppose that the difference to me is that the natural energies are simply that they exist all around us, we generate electrical output, as does the sun. It is beneficial to absorb the suns energies, whereas absorbing say microwave energy is not so beneficial. Specifically looking at cell phones they have a radio frequency that some studies have brought into question of their safety. To me I do not trust that they are safe.

Thank you for the recommendation on the book! I do know that there are some amazing things going on in the healing world with EM. Not quite the list you produced but all of that sounds amazing! I am glad to hear that it helps you as it does!

To both of you

I believe in the healing power of Reiki which is energy flowing from me to you, I do not know what EM frequency range this would be measured at, but I do believe that there is healing frequencies and destructive frequencies in the whole EMF spectrum, personally I think that the Cellphone/WIFI frequencies are on the destructive side, where as the natural energies of the earth, ourselves, and the sun are healing side.

So would it be safe for me to say that you don't actually know an awful lot about EMR nor human physiology?
Based upon what you've written, "sun good, microwave bad, phone bad, Reiki works" I think it's very safe indeed.
edit on 21/11/14 by Pardon? because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove
It is difficult to get the Truth from an Industry who makes over a Billion dollars a day, probably 5 billion now. Good Ol Money works like the Devil to discredit and silence, call people loonies. From what I have heard, that roughly 1 out of 3 can sense the EF's while others don't but still get the damage.

My ears started ringing 2 years ago and have never stopped. RF is not like an On/Off switch, it builds overtime. I think it is damaging our brains, at 58 I personally remember people being a lot sharper.
Just like Cigarettes, one day we will know the truth. I still don't and won't use a cell phone, most annoying invention man ever made.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
From what I have heard, that roughly 1 out of 3 can sense the EF's while others don't but still get the damage.

Double-blind tests show people self-diagnosed with electromagnetic hypersensitivity cannot actually sense RF , ( so in objective tests it's 0 out of 3) .

... My ears started ringing 2 years ago and have never stopped ... at 58 ...

At 58 you have about a 1 in 10 chance of having tinnitus ...

"nih.gov" wrote ...
Approximately 50 million US adults reported having any tinnitus, and 16 million US adults reported having frequent tinnitus in the past year. The prevalence of frequent tinnitus increased with increasing age, peaking at 14.3% between 60 and 69 years of age.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

There are things which can be done to slow/stop some tinnitus getting worse , but keeping away from cellphones isn't one of them.
edit on 21-11-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Well I'm glad someone has a complete understanding of a new technology we have never dealt with before. So sticking your head in a Microwave Oven will probably no harm either? Bee's, birds dropping out of the sky. We all know living next to high tension lines has an extraordinary chance of developing Cancer or I'm probably wrong there too.

Homogeneous, we are not, what effects one, may not effect another.

Cell Phones create other dangers as well, I have almost been killed several times by drivers while on my Motorcycle. Train accidents. The constant need to look at it and not live for the moment is depressing.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Well I'm glad someone has a complete understanding of a new technology we have never dealt with before.

Radio broadcasting started over a century ago , and all life on earth has always been exposed to radio waves from the sun and other stars , so not a recent phenomenon.

originally posted by: ugmold So sticking your head in a Microwave Oven will probably no harm either?

Not harmless : you will experience a heating effect , as it was designed to do , as you would if you stuck your head in a lit gas oven, or a log fire.

originally posted by: ugmold We all know living next to high tension lines has an extraordinary chance of developing Cancer or I'm probably wrong there too.

You're learning ...

wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_sharpshooter_fallacy#Examples wrote :
A Swedish study in 1992 tried to determine whether or not power lines caused some kind of poor health effects. The researchers surveyed everyone living within 300 meters of high-voltage power lines over a 25-year period and looked for statistically significant increases in rates of over 800 ailments. The study found that the incidence of childhood leukemia was four times higher among those that lived closest to the power lines, and it spurred calls to action by the Swedish government. The problem with the conclusion, however, was that the number of potential ailments, i.e. over 800, was so large that it created a high probability that at least one ailment would exhibit the appearance of a statistically significant difference by chance alone. Subsequent studies failed to show any links between power lines and childhood leukemia, neither in causation nor even in correlation
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Well I'm glad someone has a complete understanding of a new technology we have never dealt with before. So sticking your head in a Microwave Oven will probably no harm either? Bee's, birds dropping out of the sky. We all know living next to high tension lines has an extraordinary chance of developing Cancer or I'm probably wrong there too.

Homogeneous, we are not, what effects one, may not effect another.

Cell Phones create other dangers as well, I have almost been killed several times by drivers while on my Motorcycle. Train accidents. The constant need to look at it and not live for the moment is depressing.

Microwave ovens are designed to heat and cook food.
The power used is relatively high, certainly when compared to other microwave emitters.
In one way you're correct, so far as to say sticking your head in a microwave oven will not do you any harm as in all microwave ovens I've seen and heard of, you have to close the door for them to work.

Oh and the power=line cancer thing that "We all know.."
www.cancerresearchuk.org...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Not the same "wave" I'm afraid. Next time you get an X-ray, forego the lead shield.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Not the same "wave" I'm afraid. Next time you get an X-ray, forego the lead shield.

Ah, but it is. X-rays are just much shorter wavelength than visible light.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

You can't measure what doesn't exist. "Reiki" isn't EM. It's not anything.

And frequency means the number of times it repeats in a second. Nothing more. There aren't good ones, or bad ones, or evil ones, or sacred ones.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Cellphones , power-lines, computers, WiFi and microwave ovens do not produce X-rays , ( which are ionizing radiation ),
They emit non-ionising electromagnetic radiation ...

wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-ionizing_radiation

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

There is no doubt about that my friend! That is why I started the thread, to assist in relieving me of my ignorance!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

The studies have been performed
Worldwide.

However, the results have been buried.

No suprise, as that is conducive to sheer economics.

Get The bed canopy, and judge for yourself.

Happy Thanksgiving to You and Yours !

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

I have a strong distrust for most of the "accepted" science out there, as has been mentioned tobacco science kind of sums up my reasoning for that.

Studies getting buried is no surprise at all!

The bed canopy... I will be looking into that, thank you for the advice!

A happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well my friend!

Namaste Aloha

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join