It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

QUESTION to ALL Atheists!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

My apologies: I meant scientists who fool around with nature, Ie: creating viruses and GMO and splicing human dna/animal dna into each other.

And I did not say Satan was possessing them. I am saying Satan is tempting people to make wrong decisions and creating ideas to alter humankind.

P.S. Yes, Satan and/or his demons can possess scientist or anyone for that fact.
edit on 20/11/14 by ccseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Possession is real and you all think people bomb babies because of money.

Do you think the elite conduct human sacrifice for money?

They DO bomb babies because of money. Powermongers, warmongers, and the elite are ALL behind what is going on right now. And they know it.

If you are trying to suggest that those people are all "demon-possessed," then just say so. They ARE deranged, disturbed, and psychopathic, but - that happens to people. It has nothing to do with Satan. *eyeroll* It's just greedy or hungry pissed off people who are tribal and have an instinct for survival.

Anyway, I agree with WhiteAlice and tavi45, so - I'm out.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

I am saying Satan is tempting people to make wrong decisions and creating ideas to alter humankind.

My previous post was also aimed at you, sorry.....
You are saying that Satan is doing whatever.

I am saying that the people doing those things are doing them willfully and with malice of forethought. That is mental illness. It isn't "Satan tempting" people. It's mental illness.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Humanity has been messing with nature since the agricultural revolution a few thousand years back
Was that this Satan as well?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Hey Buzzy. I completely agree with you.

It can be simple maliciousness on their part, or possession, or wanting to be just like god, curiosity, the promise of great money/honor/prestige and it can also be giving into temptation to do something they know is not right. Oh, and yes it can be mental illness.

I of course am not putting all science in the same category. I am referring to cases where human dna is being put into animal species/vice versa. And cloning. Alien dna into humans. I do believe aliens are demons.

Keep in mind I am coming from a Biblical viewpoint and so we could argue this all day or we can simply agree that I have my beliefs and you have yours. Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

If you saw the website I have built this week and all of the other stuff that goes into setting up an independent media outlet and how fast I'm making it a reality you wouldn't say that I'm braindead.

So, let's see it, then!!!

I built a website over the last two months, too - so I know how much work it is! You're 22, eh?
Impressive. Lay it on us.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Nope, we're on pretty much the same page.
I also disagree with bio-engineering, and think it is dangerous, stupid, and evil. So, we're cool there.

I just don't believe in demons; yet I do believe we are not the only species alive in this universe. Aliens? Those are people from somewhere else. That's what it means. It doesn't mean "demons."

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

May I asks in all seriousness, what your issue with bio-engineering is? As humans have messsed with nature on many levels over the 1000s of years we've had agriculture. Sure the timescale is faster, but perhaps my education makes me biased to not fear it (or as some would say perhaps I am indoctrinated to the "religion of science" )

Strangely I do believe in beings some would call demons
Thats my paganism speaking however, and I don't fear them.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Not always. Humanity needs to eat and is creative. Sure if you want to try a natural weed killer for instance. Or even chemical weed killers. Let's look at GMO's. They have altered the natural wheat of what our ancestors used to grow so much that our bodies (some bodies) don't know how to process it. And then inflammation and joint damage, etc start up. Corn syrup is put into almost everything to get us hooked and our bodies to crave it. Our bodies don't know what to do with it. Why are bovine being feed bovine? Ie: mad cow disease. It's not natural. It's for profit only. Cows eat the grain our bodies don't know how to process and is slowly killing us, weakening us and then even if we abstain from wheat we are eating their bodies and so we are still affected to some degree.

There are weed killers that kill all the weeds and destroy the soil. This means farmers have to grow more grain just to make the same dollar they used to and they can't keep up and are losing their land and family history.

Bees are dying due to chemicals in herbicides/pesticides. I could go on and on. These are simple examples of bad science.

My point is it's all about money these days. People don't even eat for fuel for their bodies anymore. It's become an entertainment and has become a sickness in itself. It's all a cycle. Money feeds our egos when not respected. Food becomes a tool of power. And it grows and grows and before you know it there are patents and rights to what you can and can't plant or even sell because it's been tainted with GMO rights for instance. The people in power can easily be tempted into using something that people need to live and nourish their bodies by evil for power/money/etc. That's what I am getting at.

My Grandfather was a farmer and he grew potatoes/corn/wheat/hay/cattle/chickens and never had to resort to anything in terms of being unnatural about any of it.

Everything that is used for evil purposes (say by giving into temptation or being possessed) leads to further evil and what started out as a factual creation becomes tainted or used to further someone's greed. Not everything is that way but I am only pointing out how easy only one tiny aspect of this world has been affected by man giving into say temptation that wasn't any good other than to become rich or create something that was already just fine the way it was.
edit on 20/11/14 by ccseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I'd have to say you are listing not bad science but ruthless business practices
But I AM biased as a trained Chemist and Biochemist who works in the pharmaceutical and now agriscience industry. As a pagan I'm not going to agree with "evil purposes" either.

Sadly what I see here (and this is just me, and I acknowledge it) is that humans need to grow a set and be accountable. Using ones religion as the basis of ones moral code is somewhat limiting towards that. But having a moral code is a nice place to start

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Hi Noinden - I totally agree.

So bad business practices I agree with. Would there be any though if everyone involved made the meds/etc for the good of people and doctor's didn't push them when not needed and/or prescribed a more natural route instead of synthetic and then those same drugs didn't become abused by people and then others didn't kill themselves because they let those drugs destroy their lives. All I'm getting at is when people give into temptation to become something more than they are or want to use whatever they've created to become rich (you get my point because I could go on) then they have given into temptation. Again I am coming from a Biblical viewpoint. Someone who had only someone else's best interests at heart would make sure everyone gets that medicine and that the medicine would be good for their body and the person taking it would take it responsibly and not sell it on the streets to people who don't need it. What I'm pointing out is the cycle of temptation and harm that it causes down the line.

And it all starts with a temptation that the human gives into and then that wrong thing becomes a pathway to more selfish needs of the person and people that it is handed to and in turn it affects everyone on down the line.

I completely admire people who are in science and being inventive and how far this world has come. But yes I do believe Satan exists and I do believe he wants to twist everything that is good and to do so he has to tempt man. And it is up to man to make the decision.

I am Christian and I believe in a moral code but I am human and I fail daily to not sin. However I do feel that everything I do, think and say is with Jesus at the forefront and so I do my best to make amends and ask for forgiveness. At the same time I know it is MY decision as to what do with whatever temptation comes my way. Do I say to that which benefits me and hurts someone else in the long run or do I simply buck up and accept the consequences for making the right decision.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Grimpachi

If it is all powerful then it can transport me through time to witness for myself the beginning of time, earth, creation or even jesus himself.

That's why God gave us the ability of Astral Projection imo.

I'm not here to convert people though my friend...
You may see AP as another phenomena... As is your right!

To tell you the truth I don't know what to think about it. When I was in my late teens and early twenties I tried that stuff and it never worked for me. That was when I was a lot more open to it. If you have had different results then thats cool but it isn't something I have had any luck with.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs - sorry I had to go back to see what you said about this being addressed to me too.

I do believe in demons due to experiences I have had, i.e.: sleep paralysis. I also believe that aliens are demons.

For instance there are enough accounts of people who have had alien contact crying out the name of Jesus and these entities flee. Demons love to entice, trick and lure people and will use whatever gets their curiosity, be it a ouiji board, hauntings, astral projection. It can start out safe enough and pretty cool but the deeper one gets the scarier and more trapped one can become. And then presences start. And so an innocent alien visit quickly turns into one of terror. That is why I do believe they are demons. Kind of like fishing: the pretty lure catches the fish.

As for bombings and babies it is all about power. What is power? Control and a higher status over another. Why do we need it? Sometimes to keep control but even a dog owner does it with love and guidance and training. The powers that be in the world want to be all powerful, rich and to control this world. And so if the rest of us peons have to be killed or starved or shifted around like sand on a table they do it. They don't care - they have all they want and they want more. Yes it's people doing this but in the end they have given in to that which in their heart they know isn't right because it is taking advantage of other people and abusing them. And you have the highest members of power, then you have the sub members and on and on down the line until you have the mafia and then bully parents. It's all interconnected and all a cycle. And it's going to get worse. Yes it can be mental illness but not every single person in such positions are mentally ill. They have given over to temptation and are being led by their own selfish needs. Some are possessed. I am not saying all are. Even if not possessed I do believe many are being impacted by evil within their life.

Take care BuzzyWigs.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

If you saw the website I have built this week and all of the other stuff that goes into setting up an independent media outlet and how fast I'm making it a reality you wouldn't say that I'm braindead.

So, let's see it, then!!!

I built a website over the last two months, too - so I know how much work it is! You're 22, eh?
Impressive. Lay it on us.

I would but I don't want to get in trouble for linking it. With enough ingenuity you could find it fairly easy.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Love your story TechUnique - and this is a wonderful example of putting aside all personal glory and asking God to be in your life and asking Him to enter it. And He answered and now is blessing you. You're walking hand in hand and you are protected. You are a new creation and you shine before Him. And now you are using your past experience, new awareness and the success of your business to help others. This is beautiful.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
What would be proof of God existing for you?If God physically entered your room, performed a miracle and proclaimed that Jesus was his son and rose from the dead would you believe it or would you think you were hallucinating?

I would kick him out because I reject everything he stands for.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

What would be proof of God existing for you?If God physically entered your room, performed a miracle and proclaimed that Jesus was his son and rose from the dead would you believe it or would you think you were hallucinating?

He created you, do you not stand for that?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
good luck with that.lol
do you have a plan b?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

When they do it, it is because God sent them on a personal mission to save our souls. My condolences on your experiences. I do think that individuals like this give a lot of well meaning good people of religious beliefs a bad name. I don't take this sort of person as being representative of what I believe is a good Christian. I've met quite a few and love them dearly.

It's really sad, though, that these kind of people are the loudmouths. I'm just glad that many of my friends are Christians and we respect each other immensely. They never question my ability to be moral as they know I'm a good person. As several have frequently said, if God couldn't see the level of good in me despite my non-belief, then it would be an injustice.

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Get off my lawn, God!! Now we just need to set you up with a porch, a rocker, and a shot gun and it'd be perfect.
edit on 20/11/14 by WhiteAlice because: added second reply

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

He created you, do you not stand for that?

I don't care. He's the ultimate A-Hole.

I'm a double-edged atheist. First, I have no supernatural beliefs. Second, if proven wrong, I'm so morally against what the "Christian God" has done (according to the Bible), I would reject it.
edit on 20-11-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join