It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parallel Worlds Could Explain Wacky Quantum Physics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
www.livescience.com...

Bill Poirier, a professor of physics at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, proposed a theory that not only assumes parallel worlds exist, but also says their interaction can explain all the quantum mechanics "weirdness" in the observable universe.

We need Walter Bishop on this.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=18678790]interupt42[/post
www.livescience.com...

five reason why this(multiverse) may be the case.......worth a look....

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'm all for learning and science, and stuff, but is this that far off of religion if we can't prove the "otherverses" exist? It's just explaining the unexplainable, with an unprovable, no? Who's to say one of the "otherverses" is heaven or hell, and so on? I also understand the need, or convenience, of guessing, to progress the field, but isn't that basically a form of guessing.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This is what gets me in the whole parallel Universe discussion, quote, from the article above," So if you look far enough, you would encounter another version of you ..", unquote. Is there someone out there exactly like me hanging out? You mean there is a twin of our planet earth somewhere floating around if I look far enough? The furthest I can look far enough on planet earth, I will come back to looking at myself after circumnavigating the planet!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This thread perhaps touches on this topic in a holistic overview.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I already believe in a multiverse. Either a multiverse exists or I am totally insane. I'm ok with either situation.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yes there are two parts to the brain we are in but each side also have what i call ghost signals much like a radio wave has. I have found the path between the two. It is just a matter of protiens and the space time fabric. Also these two parallel worlds have worlds above them and below them.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Don't know about parallel worlds but parallel universe may not even have the same cosmological constant as our own. The implication of such being that life may have evolved in a completely different manner or most lightly not at all. Given that even the most miniscule change in said variable would essentially make it imposable for the conditions for life to arise

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 19-11-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash

I already believe in a multiverse. Either a multiverse exists or I am totally insane. I'm ok with either situation.

Lol
My sentiments exactly.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The Black holes may be points where the fabric of space is pierced between universes....The stuff that goes in a black hole may come out in another separate universe.....neutrinos pop into and out of our existence....who knows where they go.....the whole concept seems to be more viable in the quantum world.....entanglement etc.....

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Something like March 23, 1938 when Ettore Majorana took the night boat to Palermo?
There are more than a few theoretical timelines.
I'd go with cause and effect though.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Possibly a black hole is simply a white hole waiting to happen? Or like you suggested maybe black holes in our universe are white holes in another. Navigation through said anomaly however would present rather a few significant engineering problems considering anything entering into the things event horizon would be crushed by the forces produced.

Wonder if it may be possible to send a signal through such a thing? Apparently not considering black holes devour information just like anything else, at least according to Hawking, then again he seems to keep changing his mind.

edit on 20-11-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Wacky tobacco can help you understand parallel worlds....

I love the future!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

The stuff that goes in a black hole may come out in another separate universe.....neutrinos pop into and out of our existence....who knows where they go.....the whole concept seems to be more viable in the quantum world.....entanglement etc.....

And who knows what happens to any object from our universe that goes through a dark hole? We could become a completely different substance or species, anything! Something we wouldn't understand or even notice.

I've Only recently discovered the theory of quantum entanglement. from what I do know about it, it's pretty amazing.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Well if you Really wanted to go deep into the multiverses...

Consider you are walking in the open countryside, you are in the present, your present, but at the exact same place, someone from the past may have been walking in the same spot, and someone from the future may also be occupying the same spot. So in effect everywhere you go, you are in the same position as the past and the future.
So the multiverse of the past present and future, coexist on the same plane.

Nah...I think Im talking crap....but in the Quantum World....all they talk is crap.....so I make sense.

Or look at it this way....an Insect may live 2 weeks, each day to him is like a year or a decade to us, but the insect occupies the same space and time as us, but in another relative "Dimension", to their perception.
ALso consider trees, some species live for 100s+ of years, standing in one position, growing slowly or according to the environment.......to them, a year may be one day, the seasons one week.
So is the life around us existing in a multiverse...compared to us....sharing the same time and place, but a different reality??
Or not....

new topics

top topics

join