It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolutely Stunning Visualization of Air Traffic Over the UK.

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Very cool video made by National Air Traffic Services (NATS), showing a typical day of airplanes zooming around the skies of the United Kingdom. It is cool to see this displayed in such a way that it put the scope of air travel into perspective. It also shows military aircraft training areas.

qz.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman
Very cool video made by National Air Traffic Services (NATS), showing a typical day of airplanes zooming around the skies of the United Kingdom. It is cool to see this displayed in such a way that it put the scope of air travel into perspective. It also shows military aircraft training areas.

qz.com...

Whoa....that was cool! Some of those flight paths were really erratic and odd....very cool to see this in this way. Thanks OP.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

When our first was refusing to sleep we use to take him to a place called Devil's Dyke to watch the holding pattern in the night skies over Gatwick Airport. Always use to fascinate him and he fell asleep - great video brings back happy memories.

that's a hell of a lot of flights going over the UK - all credit to our air traffic controllers (and all those involved) who do such a brilliant job and keep us safe.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
What are those odd erratic flights? Helicopters? Maybe at 1:30 and 1:32? That plane doing the tight fast halo holding pattern looks insane.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Military flights doing ACM training over the water.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7
I live under a stacking area for Heathrow. Pretty awesome to see some large planes stacking above my house especially when the a380s make an appearance. Even better on a clear night some would mistake all the planes lights for a UFO invasion

Sweet video in the OP

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Air Traffic Control takes on a whole new meaning upon watching that.

Great find, very interesting.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I can't help but think of the waste of oil and other finite materials and the pollution travel creates and this is just one day over the UK. Makes me wonder how long it'll last and if I get to see 'the end' of it in my lifetime. But other than that impressive video.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

I can't help but think of the waste of oil and other finite materials and the pollution travel creates and this is just one day over the UK

Waste of oil? What! the...!!!!
Do you seriously think people pay to get on these planes for joyrides? Like plane travel is free? Waste ...is probably not the correct description

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Amazing and eye-opening video. Makes you realise what pressure air traffic controllers must be under.

Many thanks for sharing OP.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: barwars47
Amazing and eye-opening video. Makes you realise what pressure air traffic controllers must be under.

Think it also shows how difficult a job if one goes rougue or the problems you might have if ATC was knocked out.

I like the start when all the planes from the us take off and race across the atlantic - all this in 100 years, we are amazing things!

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheCrowMan

originally posted by: barwars47

I like the start when all the planes from the us take off and race across the atlantic

Direct Zaphod quote, "The Americans are coming! The Americans are coming!"

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Bump - just had someone send me a link to this & IMO it's cool enough to warrant reviving from the dead

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Yes, very cool, and those military planes, wow.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
this is like flight aware live plane tracker.

flightaware.com...

new topics

top topics

join