It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution is a farce: Evidence

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
This video is pretty strait forward.

Species: Groups of actually or potentially interbreeding natural populations which are reproductively isolated from other groups.

Speciation begins when groups become separated in space or become different enough in form and behavior that individuals from one group no longer regularly mate with individuals outside the group.

The video goes on to show examples of how new species evolve over time.

edit on 11-21-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
Evolution is a myth, end of.

no, it is a theory...

Creationism happened.

"creationism" is the belief in divine creation, or intelligent design...in other words, the creation of the earth, and everything on it, by an external entity, most commonly referred to as "god"

furthermore, there is even LESS evidence to support your creation myth, than there is for the evolution theory...and there is absolutely ZERO proof of external "creation". touting creation as absolute fact is just plain dishonest.

All sorts of archeological 'anomalies' have disproved evolution except they haven't because they just get swept under the rug as 'anomalies'.

such as?

So you have the proof for evolution being false, COVERED UP.. then you have the 'proof' for evolution being true completely fabricated, proven to be false, but then still propagated.

such as?

and i really hope you're not talking about "nebraska man", "piltdown man", "lucy", and "neanderthals".

It goes beyond a point of me having proof for my claims and into the realm of common sense.
(I can just imagine the posts now, 'LOL YOU SAID COMMON SENSE BUT U CREDIT UNION ADVOCATE'

common sense, and your opinion, are not the same thing. "we were created by god" isn't common sense, it's lazy cop-out thinking.
edit on 11-21-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

it's funny how you completely forget to mention that the only basis for creation is "shoddy circular reasoning", and there is plenty of evidence that contradicts many facets of support for creation.

you also forget to mention that creationists ignore any valid points non-creationists have, and openly dismiss with convoluted B.S., any evidence non-creationists present.

and also, you neglect to mention how after coming up with convoluted logic to explain away any evidence non-creationists point out, they cite the bible, thinking that it bolsters their side.
edit on 11-21-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

why is it that you insist that a scientific theory is a religion?....seems kinda ignorant...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I think that the point of original post is to debunk evolution for the means of rationalizing a particular world view. And that world view is that the literal translation of the Bible is true. Correct me if that is not the case. To that I would say (and please read the entire post as I'm not putting anyone down here)-

Wouldn't an intelligent designer model his creation in a dynamic fashion so that it was capable of surviving in a changing environment? That IS evolution and we see examples of adaptation everywhere. A static design would be inferior. The driving force behind evolution can be debated but there's too much evidence to suggest that species do adapt. While I'll agree that this doesn't explain how the universe came to be, this doesn't exclude evolution from being true. Even more, accepting evolution as fact does negate the possibility of there existing a driving force behind the pervasiveness of life; or the driving force that governs the physical universe. Maybe that's god and maybe what we think of as god is so incomprehensible that the only analog we have is an old guy with a beard and a robe. I don't think it's intellectually honest for anyone to claim they have answers to the origins of the universe and all life. Having said that, we have an extensive fossil records in countless number of strata that would indicate something contrary to the posters argument. Why would a god design us with this intelligence and then tell us to believe something contradictory to what we can deduce from our environment? My point is, dinosaurs and man did not have to co-exist, nor does the earth have to not be billions of years old for one to believe in a higher power or "driving force" in the universe. I'll think that's the best way I can articulate the ambiguity of this entire topic without dismissing it with the flying spaghetti monster.

Or maybe a better way to put it would be :

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Because if you try and reduce objective, empirical evidence down to the level of subjective, unsubstantiated beliefs then it makes it easier to cling to those beliefs despite said evidence.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: newWorldSamurai

design a world that doesnt need him before threatening to destroy it if we dont submit to him.

got it.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

You're inferring that I'm talking about some man made deity that requires submission. I implied nothing of the sort.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: newWorldSamurai

The spark of life as definition for god? Did I get that right?

Wonder where all the funny creationists went?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: newWorldSamurai

You're inferring that I'm talking about some man made deity that requires submission. I implied nothing of the sort.

i inferred that you were talking about a higher power that thinks like a person. that road historically leads to "bow to me for i am your master"

if i am incorrect i apologize

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

So anecdotal evidence and pottery that isn't what you think it is trumps the scientific method? Got it.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
Before you attack me without even watching the videos I am going to say this right now. I agree with everything in the videos. I am sharing these with you to prove that your religion is wrong. Many people do that to what they consider religious people on this site so don't hate me for doing the same. I am doing the same except I am doing it not to ridicule or mock but to show you the light.

Evolution isn't a religion, it's a field of science backed by hard evidence. Your videos are an absolute joke and are filled with ignorance of evolution and flat out lies to sell faith. Preachers in videos talking nonsense about science is not evidence, it's ignorance, you know the stuff you said we are supposed to deny.

The methods used for dating are questionable at best.

The margin of error is only something like 1%, but never mind facts like that. You don't like it, so it's automatically wrong. Funny how the methods of dating all verify one another and NOT ONCE, has an out of place fossil been found with respect to the dating. Explain that one. If humans and dinosaurs lived together there should be humans and dinos found in the same fossil layer, yet it has NEVER happened beyond hoaxes. Sorry but even your video of lies cannot prove that man and dinosaurs walked the earth together.

There have been many cases where archeological finds completely discredit the theory of evolution but they don't get into the mainstream for a number of reasons.

That is flat out BS. Show me evidence of these cases and explain how archeology over rides paleontology. Religious folks always want to play the victim, but evolution and science are based on hard evidence, not emotional connections to literal interpretations of ancient scriptures. You don't need faith to show that genetic mutations happen every time an organism is conceived. It's been measured and done in a lab dozens of times.

The person who made the discover can have their lives ruined, completely discredited, slandered and smeared. We all know that the powers that be are more than capable of this, and a lot more.

Like who? Kent Hovind who was using his church to cover up tons of money he didn't pay tax on and used for personal gain? Ken Ham who has a creationist museum that is for profit and blatantly false?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Point taken. I was simply postulating the only way I can think of to reconcile a belief in variable x, or god, with the abundance of physical evidence that contradicts pretty much any (I can't say all because I don't know them all) literal story of creation.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Where i come from, what you MEAN is what is relevant. Not what you say.

Well I hate to tell you this but everywhere else people say what they mean.....not say one thing, then attempt to change what they said once it's shown to be nonsense.

And you have the shameless audacity to speak of 'honest discussion'?.....

You then go on to ignore all the questions and points raised and blame it on a perceived 'emotional connection'. It's true, liars and dishonesty can get an emotional response from me, especially when displayed in such an obvious and transparent manner.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Excuse me, but is there anything relating to the topic in this post?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Prezbo369

Excuse me, but is there anything relating to the topic in this post?

One could ask the same exact question about your post as well. These threads get derailed off topic very easily, because they very often move from evolution evidence to god, when god has nothing to do with this topic. The problem is that nobody ever actually addresses the evidence behind evolution, they just deny it and plug their ears like the OP. I would LOVE to engage in a meaningful debate with a creationist talking about the evidence and science, but 99% of the time, their primary argument is based on misunderstandings of evolution, rather than the actual scientific data.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

You and I are not in disagreement.

Because every group has marked its turf, you really cannot divorce evolution and Christianity in popular discussion.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

and let's not forget Ray Comfort.....what with his lectures about the shape of bananas with relation to the human hand, and his joint appearances with Kirk Cameron

i wonder how much money he makes off those...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I cannot understand how this world keeps buying into the bizarre hatred and rampant bashing of christians all over the internet over evolution which is never been proven.
What part do people not understand the love of money is the root of all evil.Not money itself.
edit on 21-11-2014 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
I cannot understand how this world keeps buying into the bizarre hatred and rampant bashing of christians all over the internet

It's not bashing of Christians because they are Christian. It's the bashing if a particularly vocal minority who can't be bothered to educate themselves and spew foolishness with no basis in reality. In sorry but anyone who insists the world is 6000 years old simply should not he taken seriously. It has nothing to do with their Christianity, it has everything to do with the arrogant superiority complex they dole out to anyone who doesn't bow to the god of Abraham.

over evolution which is never been proven.

There's an entire scientific community and a literate populace who disagrees vehemently with that particular rationale. Since you disagree with the visits of modern evolutionary synthesis, why don't you detail the flaws so we can have a proper discussion as opposed to you issuing blanket statements and dismissing it entirely out of hand.

What part do people not understand the love of money is the root of all evil.Not money itself.

And what exactly does that have to do with science? I can see how it ties into religions but nobody working in science is getting rich. And definitely not on the scale of some churches.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join