It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution is a farce: Evidence

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: borntowatch

If that were how the dating were actually done, I would totally agree with you. Thankfully its not done in that way therefore no circular reasoning needs to be invoked. I would love to see you dispute the actual science just once instead of tossing out one liners and non sequiturs.

well show me the science of dating fossils and rocks

Why even have "Index fossils"?

Oops double post, be a triple soon

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Ha showing your ignorance aren't you. I have read the story and for your information science not your christian pseudoscience but actual real science will tell you the Noah story is an impossibility.

After watching the statements you have made on here about science you are completely unqualified in that department. Hell you can't even distinguish the difference in a scientific theory and a layman's definition of theory. BTW if you care there is a link in my signature.

Here I am sure you will ignore this link as it would challenge your religious beliefs about the story but just in case you want to leave your ignorance behind I will post it.

ncse.com...

And since you are so interested here is the video we were talking about. There are two parts. I doubt you will watch it same reason I doubt you will read the info in the link.

You are right, I am not going to watch them.
I am not interested in your petty little arguments.
I just wanted to point out your attitude is no different to the fundy Christians you clearly hate
Thats really sad

Your understanding of science, is best described as stunted.

As for the word theory, you use it as you see fit

Thanks but no thanks

Yeah I figured you wouldn't watch it and I am pretty sure you didn't read the link. It would challenge your beliefs too much.

My understanding of the sciences is much better than yours. I have watched and read plenty of batschnt crazy stuff from christian fundies because I am not afraid to have my views challenged as you certainly seem to be.

So my attitude is far different from Christians. BTW I don't hate them. I think they are mental to different degrees but they are not worth the energy to hate. Besides I know a lot of them get off on the thought they are hated and I don't care to indulge them.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Yeah I figured you wouldn't watch it and I am pretty sure you didn't read the link. It would challenge your beliefs too much.

My understanding of the sciences is much better than yours. I have watched and read plenty of batschnt crazy stuff from christian fundies because I am not afraid to have my views challenged as you certainly seem to be.

So my attitude is far different from Christians. BTW I don't hate them. I think they are mental to different degrees but they are not worth the energy to hate. Besides I know a lot of them get off on the thought they are hated and I don't care to indulge them.

No I didnt read the same old same old link, there is nothing new to see.

Everything about you is much better than me, you have made that clear

Your attitude is clearly different, thats why I dont mind what you believe. You are capable and welcome to independent thought,.
Its your fundamental type attitude, that "I am superior" to everyone I disagree with superiority.
I kinda pity you.

I have made a decision and that causes you pain, funny isnt it. There you are demanding I bow to your knowledge, scientists knowledge. Well nuh, I cant.

There just aint enough proof.

Get over it

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

How do you figure your decisions cause me pain. BTW you sure do put me on a tall pedestal. Don't get me wrong thats nice of you and all but I am uncomfortable with being worshiped like that.

And what exactly am I supposed to get over?? Is it that you will not look at the sciences and evidence because if thats all then I was never hung up on it as I said before I was pretty sure you wouldn't look at them anyway. That was expected.

It is sad that you are not secure enough to look at such things but really that is on you. That is sad but not really all that important for the world to keep turning. Like I said it is sad but there is no need to pity me for your inability to challege yourself because it is your choice.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

How do you figure your decisions cause me pain. BTW you sure do put me on a tall pedestal. Don't get me wrong thats nice of you and all but I am uncomfortable with being worshiped like that.

And what exactly am I supposed to get over?? Is it that you will not look at the sciences and evidence because if thats all then I was never hung up on it as I said before I was pretty sure you wouldn't look at them anyway. That was expected.

It is sad that you are not secure enough to look at such things but really that is on you. That is sad but not really all that important for the world to keep turning. Like I said it is sad but there is no need to pity me for your inability to challenge yourself because it is your choice.

Please, I havnt put you on a pedestal, its pity not worship.
You have put yourself on a pedestal, its your attitude to creationists.

I have authored many threads asking for explanations and evidence and have not seen one decent answer that cant be shot to pieces with your very own science
See thats the thing, you are the master of science and you cant even give a scientific answer without linking a dubious evolutionist, anti creation site. I give them as much credence as you give a creationist site.

Everything about your posts ooze arrogance and patronisation, but thats ok because you think you are better than creationists.

Who are you to decide if I challenge myself, what, because I dont agree with you I dont challenge myself. Dont take this the wrong way but your ego may indicate a serious mental/character flaw.
edit on b2014Sat, 22 Nov 2014 02:03:38 -0600113020146am302014-11-22T02:03:38-06:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Please, I havnt put you on a pedestal, its pity not worship.
You have put yourself on a pedestal, its your attitude to creationists.

It sure looked as though you were putting me on a pedestal.

I have authored many threads asking for explanations and evidence and have not seen one decent answer that cant be shot to pieces with your very own science

Now I will have to call you out on that. Either you are mistaken or you are dishonestly lying because I have seen countless explanations and evidence handed to you and I have never seen you shoot them to pieces. I have seen you ignore them and play dumb.

See thats the thing, you are the master of science and you cant even give a scientific answer without linking a dubious evolutionist, anti creation site. I give them as much credence as you give a creationist site.

There you go again putting me on a pedestal claiming I am a master of science. You say one thing and then claim another. What you call an anti creationist site addresses your religions claims. It is only anti creationist in the fact that it points out the flaws along with scientific explanations as to why they are flaws. But how would you know you will not even look at them from what you said. What are you afraid of?

Everything about your posts ooze arrogance and patronisation, but thats ok because you are better than creationists.

Ditto except you do it to those who do not believe your sacred texts.

Who are you to decide if I challenge myself, what, because I dont agree with you I dont challenge myself.

Well if you refuse to even look at an opposing world view and hold to ancient texts that is fine but that isn't challenging yourself. You can disagree as is your right.

Dont take this the wrong way but your ego may indicate a serious mental/character flaw.

Oh I am not taking it wrong I just remember who that statement is coming from and I know it means next to nothing. Basically someone who believes in invisible magical sky fairies really has no room to talk about other peoples mental states.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Good rant I think you nailed it. This would have been a good thread for that video you posted. Oh well the faithful would have never watched it anyway. Anyway I think this pic has a good home here as it describes the methodologies well.

We should quote that on every page through this thread

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Good rant I think you nailed it. This would have been a good thread for that video you posted. Oh well the faithful would have never watched it anyway. Anyway I think this pic has a good home here as it describes the methodologies well.

Cool get the flashlight and shine it on the cat so we can all see the cat.
Why not show some valid evidence.
You talk tough and then, like poof, nothing, it all vanishes.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Matter of fact I do
Actually some of the frauds on the site I linked are still used by proponents of evolution today, in this very thread.

and I will say it again.
Show me some irrefutable evidence that I cant question and I will come on board.
Not circumstantial or debatable, just hard solid evidence.

Whats out of interest is the latest new thing you have heard, read, seen lately???

So you accept the idea of an unprovable superior being creating every living being, but when it comes to reality you need something unquestionable?
Science in itself is evolving, like everything else, why don't you look for evidence in your faith some more.
If anything proves the existence of god, than it is the fact: there is life, living means evolving, in physical, psychological and philosophical ways. You are trying to kill your god, because you force it to stuck in one never changing place. Something that doesn't evolve is dead. Congratulations, you killed your own god....

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
All of you seem to be forgetting that the dating methods have never been proven to be accurate. It is the equivalent of the weatherman telling you what the weather is going to be like in 20 years.

You can predict it based on this and that because at one point this or that meant this or that to someone.
As soon as any evidence comes up you all laugh it off 'OH IT MUST BE A HOAX. OH JUST AN ANOMALY. THEY WERE LYING. OH WELL NOW THAT DATING METHOD IS WRONG WE NEED TO FIND ANOTHER WAY TO RECALCULATE EVERYTHING, LETS TRY SEMEN DATING NEXT, I KNOW LETS TRY ASTROLOGY'

Whackadoodles.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Now I will have to call you out on that. Either you are mistaken or you are dishonestly lying because I have seen countless explanations and evidence handed to you and I have never seen you shoot them to pieces. I have seen you ignore them and play dumb.

There you go again putting me on a pedestal claiming I am a master of science. You say one thing and then claim another. What you call an anti creationist site addresses your religions claims. It is only anti creationist in the fact that it points out the flaws along with scientific explanations as to why they are flaws. But how would you know you will not even look at them from what you said. What are you afraid of?

Well if you refuse to even look at an opposing world view and hold to ancient texts that is fine but that isn't challenging yourself. You can disagree as is your right.

Oh I am not taking it wrong I just remember who that statement is coming from and I know it means next to nothing. Basically someone who believes in invisible magical sky fairies really has no room to talk about other peoples mental states.

Here is an expression I love to use...Its called sarcasm, ok.
I am using sarcasm when i say you are the master of science, clearly you are not.

So I asked Mr Vlar about index fossils and he left.
How about you explain the idea behind dating rocks with fossils and fossils with rocks and the utter stupidity of circular reasoning and the scientific community's acceptance of it.
Now remember the term "index fossil", thats a good launch pad.

and remember I like to use sarcasm, sad I have to explain that to an adult though.

(post by TechUnique removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Cool get the flashlight and shine it on the cat so we can all see the cat.
Why not show some valid evidence.
You talk tough and then, like poof, nothing, it all vanishes.

I think people are just tired of spoon feeding you information because time after time you just ignore it. How many times have people explained to you the difference between a scientific theory and the layman's definition of theory. Has it been 20 times 50 times maybe even a 100 times but you just ignore them. So what is the point of explaining things to you that you will just ignore?

It is like how you ignored peter vlars responses to you explaining things in detail. Some people will waste their time trying to teach you while those like myself know you're a hopeless cause of your own volition and refuse to waste to much time on you. You simply are not worth it IMO.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Okay, see the difference is: Scientist are able to admit that they don't know everything, you mentioned weather forcast: that's not some guys bowing to their crystal balls and throwing chicken bones, to find out what that maybe, it is math... Approximate values, with a certain percentage, where a bit changes and the result is something else than what was calculated. But math is the only method we have, that comes even close to predict what could be the result of what we're trying to forcast: Stochastics, ever heard of that?
Math is the way to prove or disprove a theory, and also: Every rule has an exeption.
Like I try to calculate if my business will be sucessfull, I try to put everything in my calculation, then there is some dude who empties my stock, I never heard of, i.E., wasn't able to calculate him in.
Do you see where I am trying to go with this?
I don't think you do, because you are ignoring every valuable argument for 13 pages now, yelling "proof", while you hold on to something that's your own fairy tale...
edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopSaturdayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: where's my spelling bee?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Here is an expression I love to use...Its called sarcasm, ok.
I am using sarcasm when i say you are the master of science, clearly you are not.

So I asked Mr Vlar about index fossils and he left.
How about you explain the idea behind dating rocks with fossils and fossils with rocks and the utter stupidity of circular reasoning and the scientific community's acceptance of it.
Now remember the term "index fossil", thats a good launch pad.

and remember I like to use sarcasm, sad I have to explain that to an adult though.

So you want me to explain to you something you can look up for yourself???

Why?

See my above post about wasting my time. That isn't sarcasm.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Cognitive Dissonance: In psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time, or is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values. Leon Festinger's theory of cognitive dissonance focuses on how humans strive for internal consistency. When inconsistency (dissonance) is experienced, individuals tend to become psychologically uncomfortable and are motivated to attempt to reduce this dissonance, as well as actively avoiding situations and information which are likely to increase it.

In layman's terms we can translate this as; if you are too scared to change your entire belief system then it doesn't matter what evidence or argument is presented, you will never face the music.

LINK
edit on 11-22-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I am deeply offended by that, Just fyi: I have proven my own god to be existing, but that is just for me, a personal experience.

You just shoot BS around you, because you want to be the one that's chosen. You're not. You are stuck.
So again, one last time:
If you claim to be the only one right in a world of "wrongs", YOU'RE NOT!!!!
Who do you think you are? Mr.Special? YOU'RE NOT!!!
reality is real, faith is believe. Science is real, god is faith, try to get that in your tiny marble...

Alos, who is this "we" you keep refering to?
edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopSaturdayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: F#*!"§$/%§"#

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I am deeply offended by that, Just fyi: I have proven my own god to be existing, but that is just for me, a personal experience.

You just shoot BS around you, because you want to be the one that's chosen. You're not. You are stuck.
So again, one last time:
If you claim to be the only one right in a world of "wrongs", YOU'RE NOT!!!!
Who do you think you are? Mr.Special? YOU'RE NOT!!!
reality is real, faith is believe. Science is real, god is faith, try to get that in your tiny marble...

Dude if I just wanted to be the one that was chosen I would have carried on my ungodly life. I'm not chosen any more than you are chosen. We are both here. YOU CHOOSE whether you want to live past this mere mortal life or not. That is your free will.

Go with Christ or go with nothing. That's up to you and he's made it very clear that it's up to you. He's not forcing you.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join