It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flash in the sky - Dashcam from Russia captures sudden orange glow at night

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
Wow! Good catch.

All I know is that I would be convinced the world was ending if I was sitting in that car. That looked sketchy and intense. It's gotta be another meteor. Crazy to see at night this time.

actually on average, about every 2 weeks there is a meteor that detonates in the upper atmosphere with enough flash to set off the global satellites that are used to detect nuclear explosions around the world. some have even been large enough that both us and russian presidents had to be woken up to ensure each other it wasn't a nuclear explosion

since the world is covered 75% by water nearly all of them happen in unpopulated areas. with the prevalence of dash cam video in russia, their insurance companies require absolute proof who caused an accident, we will see more and more these

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
awesome, very cool. that vid with the ground source showing makes me first think hps lights in a green house. the taper their startups sometimes and the color spectrum looks the same. shutoff will ramp down at the same speed. maybe they cant add wattages and blew there power source?!
I would imagine a nuke pushing the clouds around.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

If I'm not mistaken both videos are dash cams which is very common in Russia due to insurance frauds they run continuously when driving. That being the case, we should see a lot more vids of this in the coming days.

I'm not so sure, if you look at the video on the fourth post down from the beginning, I'm pretty sure that was a few kids on foot. Unless they started messing around with the dash cam at the end. Looks that way to me anyhow.

Either way this is still crazy and I'm currently thinking Nuke or new weapons test by the Russian militiary, especially since our relationship seems to have gone to sheet.

Edit: not that it matters much, but in a third viewing I do see how that may have been a dash cam because of all the street lights, but it really seems like they are walking around too! So I be confused. Not a big deal.
edit on 20-11-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: raikata

Look at 0:33! Two objects leave from the "bright cloud" at the top right corner.

Nice job spotting that, however I think that's
a natural light detraction off of the lens of the camera,
and that kind of thing happens all the time when a camera
is trying to adjust to something suddenly very bright.

I wanted to comment on another video of an explosion at
an electrical plant (I think).

I watched that video in comparison and the explosion
to me was not nearly as bright.

This latest video shows me an extremely bright explosion,
indeed brighter than the sun which is what took me back
because I've heard that expression used, and it was by
fisherman on a boat in The Mediterranean Sea
(If my memory serves me right) that said that the
Nuclear explosion over Hiroshima looked brighter
than the noon-day sun, even all those miles away.

Rebel 5

edit on 20-11-2014 by rebelv because: syntax

edit on 20-11-2014 by rebelv because: syntax

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

If I'm not mistaken both videos are dash cams which is very common in Russia due to insurance frauds they run continuously when driving. That being the case, we should see a lot more vids of this in the coming days.

Either way this is still crazy and I'm currently thinking Nuke or new weapons test by the Russian militiary, especially since our relationship seems to have gone to sheet.

Although the recent political situation tend to give us ideas about weapons and stuff I still tend to believe it was just a bigass fire.

The video I posted on page 2 shows it was ground based. at 00:14 you can see something like a burning cloud that rises above the horizon.

to me it makes sense you got a fire with a contained fuel that is leaking and suddenly combusts in full force.
1 you have a reflection on the clouds that is growing as the fire is growing
2 you have a highly lit reflection when all the fuel combusts
3 you have a reflection that gradually fades as most of the fuel is burned.

Of course this is a conspiracy site and aliens nukes or interdimensional portals do just great but it can easily be a gasoline depot or grandpa's bigass wodka still.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

I'm no sure it's ground based though. I mean it could very well be right? Doesn't that part of Russia have a military complex that went underground after the fall of the Soviet Union?

I think also we are forgetting, that there appears to be snow on the ground, perhaps the light was scattered more from reflection of the ice, and the ice in the clouds?

1st Coffee of the day! Wooo!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Well, here's another angle:
rt.com...

Interestingly enough, before I did a search I thought "If that's near Chelyabinsk, that's going to be either a huge coincidence, or it's a follow-up probe/lander."

Imagine this scenario:

You're a species of similar technological advancement, perhaps only 100 years more advanced that we are currently. You've used your gigantic ground-based telescopes to detect the night time reflection of a planet within your own known 'goldie-locks zone' but you don't have the technology or the resources to send manned missions. What do you do? You devise a strategic plan to evaluate the planet as best as possible from a far. Second, you launch a atmospheric probe to monitor high- and low-orbit gravitational fields, electro magnetism, etc, before executing a high velocity de-orbit burn (or forward momentum reduction blast, similar to how our own Aurora is powered, but much much powerful), before dropping through the atmosphere aimed with a final landing location only a few hundred meters wide...a frozen body of water that you'd like to get biometrics on before your probe is finished.

Then, perhaps, your mission was so successful that your readings and data fill all the parameters necessary to launch a secondary follow-up mission to a similar location. Only this time, you're going to slow your probe down much further out in it's path and enter the atmosphere in a more controlled way, before activating parachutes and decending into a remote mountain range under the cover of darkness.

That's remotely feasible, correct?

Is no one else finding this HIGHLY irregular? You know, with the proximity of two very similar meteorological events, in the same geographic region, witnessed by very much the same people...?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
They're here.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Hey Guys i hope you're all good!

*This is the most plausible explanation IMO*

A methane release causing an explosion!!..the facts support this..

Check the links provided and cast your discerning eyes on them..

poleshift.ning.com...

poleshift.ning.com...

Things are indeed progressing as Planet X approaches.

Stay well

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77
Hey Guys i hope you're all good!

*This is the most plausible explanation IMO*

A methane release causing an explosion!!..the facts support this..

Check the links provided and cast your discerning eyes on them..

poleshift.ning.com...

poleshift.ning.com...

Things are indeed progressing as Planet X approaches.

Stay well

Brother I agree with you about the things that are coming to pass.

However when I saw that video, it brought back memories of a 2008 Propane Explosion in Toronto, Canada that claimed the lives of two people and many were forced out of they're homes.

Then this from Mr. Paul Begley:

edit on 2014-11-21 by Promagstyle because: Youtube Link

edit on 2014-11-21 by Promagstyle because: Youtube Links

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AbdulAlhazred

Meteor explosions get VERY bright:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

And they look identical to ICBM re-entry, for the obvious reason that a re-entry vehicle is a particularly well-shaped meteorite at meteorite speeds.

I don't think this thing in Russia was that. It looked to be stationary, I think seeing a reflection in thick clouds from a bright explosion on the ground.

To me, most probable explanation is hydrocarbon processing & storage. But who knows for real?

I hope nobody was roasted, but we'd probably never find out about that either.
edit on 21-11-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Yeah... and that point of light on the ground might've only been seen after the "main event" because of the difficulty in focusing on a light of that intensity... so it well might've been ground based.

So, a (possibly) silent ground based explosion of light... not really narrowing this down, are we? Heh...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: AbdulAlhazred

Meteor explosions get VERY bright:

Yes, that one did, and was also a several megatoner wasn't it?
I believe the shock wave hit the ground and blew out windows
all over the city.

It might as well have been a nuke.

Rebel 5

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I think it's related to steel making, the sky suddenly glows bright yellow/orange as hot metal is poured and sparks fly, it lasts only a minute or so but is so dazzling you can quite easily read a newspaper under the glow. I'd guess Sverdlovsk has a major steel plant with a blast furnace ?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

I would agree with you on it, nuclear tests do last longer even its effects in the sky.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
There's a lot of ideas being thrown about here in true ATS fashion (which is good usually) except the last post i made with reference to 'evidence' which supports a natural methane explosion caused by severe movements in the Earth's tectonic plates (has been overlooked for the most part) incidentally this area is in the stretch zone of the Eurasian plate and the fact that sinkholes have opened practically the day after this incident is telling.

This methane is created after an excessive amount of years of planet x's cyclical visits, which create extreme plate adjustments and of coarse the pole shift adjustments,coupled with towering tsunamis (think whales stranded miles high in the mountains) add all these effects together and naturally there will be mass human,animal and plant death, which gets buried in the 'silt' and then gets covered and stews into methane until the next passage.

There is clearly a cover up with regards to the methane releases globally (which is responsible for mass die offs,mine explosions etc) the reason for this cover up is because planet x is the root cause of this plate movement-amongst many other things.

Check the links out if your interested!

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
+1 for night launch of a rocket , ( partially obscured by cloud ) , cf ,

google.com/search?q=night+launch+space site:youtube.com
edit on 25-11-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

If you take planet x out of that it actually sounds interesting.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Anyone figure this out yet? It's definitely not a power sub station, the glow is too consistent. When sub stations go, it is multiple quick flashes of light.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join