It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flash in the sky - Dashcam from Russia captures sudden orange glow at night

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

Nice vid. Definitely looks like a fireball on the ground at 14 seconds.

edit on 18-11-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Thanks for posting that 3rd video. Hopefully more will turn up.

Its weird there is no boom or any other sounds picked up by this supposed huge blast. Ok, the vids are faily small.
Could be interesting to look up any seismic data maybe?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AbdulAlhazred

Wow, Awesome though... I'm not sure what to make of it - possibly a meteor strike - but as I probably have a tendency to do - I'll sit on the 'It was an alien mothership leaving the atmosphere' theory for a few minutes.

Regardless of what it was though, I'm glad it got filmed and you posted it; but I would still very much like an explanation if one exists...

*starts reading comments for an explanation*

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
very cool. very intriguing. very 'fire in the sky'

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It would appear that a meteor could be the only explanation, except for the lack of movement. Most bright meteors put on a dazzling, blinding display with sharp contrasting shadows as it moves across the atmosphere. The only way this could be true here, is if the cameras were directly downrange of it's trajectory, and it is coming right towards them.

Most likely the case, but I think it is a rare event.
Russian dash cams are really good for stuff that you rarely witness!

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Nice find and a better view... and I was pretty sure it was a meteor from the Leonid Shower... now, not so much, but being a non expert, so what? Heh.

That flare like a little sun on the ground at the end is curious... so... hmmm... weapons testing? A transformer blowing up in the local grid? Dunno! But weird and interesting... I like the dimensional door theory, but guess the answer will be a tad more mundane, but who knows?

That light on the ground is a puzzler... if it's ground based, why was it only visible on the ground after the main event in the sky? And a meteorite wouldn't be that slow... or reportedly silent... hmmm...

edit on 11/18/2014 by Baddogma because: I to A

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I found this article on the Washington Post and thought it might be applicable to the thread.

New Russian Satellite Killer? The timing seems more than coincidental.

A mysterious Russian space object

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: lokidecoyote

star for this was going to post this also , an unknown Russian satellite , some sources are saying its a 'Grabber' used to sweep up junk and previous satellites.. others are saying its a new Russian military weapon! its erratic and unkown..

could this have caused the flash?

Q

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Someone on the "other" CT site posted a similar event in Singapore 2010 for comparison.

It looks pretty close to this event. Although this one in Russia gets much, much brighter.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Wow that is really similar! And even more so because when them teenagers are filming in the 2nd vid the sky seems to be doing that pulsating (for lack of a better word) like dim light before it gets the brightest just like that one.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Another possibility: explosion of an oil or gas processing facility.

But why no sound?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

If it were that though don't you think an explosion at somewhere like that would get some media coverage? It can be a danger to public health etc.. Just a thought, because thats what i was thinking too! Still a good possibility though, i just would have thought if they are asking experts too figure it out then surely they would know if an explosion occured somewhere in close range, unless they don't want anyone too know. The no sound has me baffled, explosions always cause sound.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Interesting case here. A real puzzler.
If it is man made it is probably something with really bad intentions.

The pulsating and the brightness makes me fear the worst.

I can understand the dashboard cams but why were they filming in the 2nd video like they knew it was about to happen?
I guess if it was pulsating that's what they were filming and the bright light was a bonus.

My first thought was Goldeneye lol.

edit on 18/11/2014 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
who ever took that video where you can see the light on the ground, id be going there as soon as i could to see if there is any evidence on the ground!

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TurboT
who ever took that video where you can see the light on the ground, id be going there as soon as i could to see if there is any evidence on the ground!

I thought about that. It could be a horizon trick. If it was at high altitude looking forward and beyond the edge of the horizon is a drop/downhill it could still well be high above ground it is just our perspective.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
After Putin saying the other day that a new cold war could be starting, it seems like this could be a show of power. He is showing off knowing that this weapon will scare the # out of our defense department.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
a reply to: mbkennel

If it were that though don't you think an explosion at somewhere like that would get some media coverage? It can be a danger to public health etc..

Um, this is Russia. Yeah, covering it in the media could definitely be a danger to your own health.

Oil and gas is the foundation of state & oligarch power & economics.

public health? Ask the people near Chernobyl and all the rest of Soviet industrial base what that means.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The creation of one of these maybe?

climatestate.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Another website reporting it

www.dailymail.co.uk... ories-missile-blast-UFOs.html

"The strange light was filmed last week by an astonished motorists in the Urals, near Yekaterinburg"

im hunting google earth now to see if theirs anything out of the ordinary in the area!

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The first video is possibly a new angle...

www.inquisitr.com...

Sounds like they were expecting it!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join