It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flash in the sky - Dashcam from Russia captures sudden orange glow at night

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Saw this video on Liveleak, and thought it looked like the kind of thing folk here would find interesting.

LIVELEAK

Edit: 2nd video found (Thanks to LL member "russsky")

EDIT: just found this vid from another angle apparently (it was mentioned in the comments section of LL)

Ive no further information beyond what is said in the clips blurb. The 2nd video Ive just added has foreign (Russian?) titles, so afraid I cant translate.

It's not clear what's happened,probably another meteorite explodes, Sverdlovsk region,Russia 14.11.2014

Some people suggesting that it may be another meteor event, and that's probably my best guess as well, but it sure gets incredibly bright.
My only other thought is that maybe they're looking for Truman?

At 1 point, the thought crossed my mind that the footage might be tampered with, but Im afraid Im not too savvy at investigating such things.
Wont be able to answer responses for a while. Sorry to post and run, but thought people would want to see the vid.

DISCLAIMER: I performed a search using the video title and description, and no matching results found, so apologies if it has been posted already.
Im not sure what the video is of, so Im not making any claims other than it is possibly another meteor event.
MODS, please move if Ive posted in the wrong forum.

ps. Dont start reading the comments at liveleak if you're of a sensitive nature...

edit on 18-11-2014 by AbdulAlhazred because: speeling!

edit on 18-11-2014 by AbdulAlhazred because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Wow! Good catch.

All I know is that I would be convinced the world was ending if I was sitting in that car. That looked sketchy and intense. It's gotta be another meteor. Crazy to see at night this time.
edit on 18-11-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
That is pretty crazy. It looked like the sun popped up then just disappeared. It could be a meteor or I don't know. Good find though!

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AbdulAlhazred

My guess?

A time lapse trick.

Only the top half of the VID is time lapse showing a sunrise while the bottom half is left alone to show a night view then spliced together.

IMO.

Peace

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Another angle apparently…

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Odd...an earlier poster said perhaps time lapse, but one thing I noticed is that none of the street lights went out. These are usually on a photo sensor that shuts them off when the sun rises or possibly timed. Interesting video....

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Good catch. I advised against reading the LL comments, then found the same 2nd vid in them! Maybe I should clarify that usually, LL comments can be pretty colourful at the best of times, and thats putting it lightly!

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Hmm, this second video looks less like a possible meteor and more like something crazy. It seemed like there was a dim orange glow for a bit before the big flash. Some sort of weapons test? Or explosion? Gates of Hades?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Yep, I hadn't thought about a specific method, but tampered footage has certainly crossed my mind also. The vid showing the 2nd angle might negate that possibility somewhat, unless its some kind of orchestrated Hoax. Certainly not out with the realms of possibility.

You sure its not Aliens?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
A Fuel rupture/explosion in the distance perhaps..

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

Hmm, this second video looks less like a possible meteor and more like something crazy. It seemed like there was a dim orange glow for a bit before the big flash. Some sort of weapons test? Or explosion? Gates of Hades?

I'd agree. To me, it looks sort of like there's a purple-ish pulsing prior to the main event. I don't know enough about meteors and the like to rule them out, but I cant say I recall seeing it before in other vids I've watched.

Recently, there was a thread on a purple sky over somewhere in Norway (think it was Norway), and it turned out to be greenhouse lights! I don't know if that will cut it as an excuse for this 1 though!

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It doesn't look time-lapsed or "doctored" to me... just an intense light in the night sky... likely caused by bolides (meteors) and darned neat.

I get people being afraid to appear gullible, but ... really?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
There had to be something indicating this was about to happen otherwise how did the folks in the second video know to be filming, they were expecting something. Couldn't have been expecting a meteor, that would be some skills.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
That sure looks weird. Thanks for posting! S+F.

Will be interesting to see what this is, hopefully not a clever hoax.
It looks like a slow-mo nuclear detonation.
If it is a asteroid of sorts, shouldn't there be a big after shock (bang), like in Chelyabinsk?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Hmm, this second video looks less like a possible meteor and more like something crazy.

It doesn't appear to move laterally in either video but remains fixed on the horizon. Could be a refinery or something went off?

Dunno… waiting with everyone else for more data.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I checked out that thread about the purple light over Norway, I did not know it had been solved though. I think you're right, this light in Russia seemed way to intense to be something similar.
edit on 18-11-2014 by GoShredAK because: Grammer

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
A Fuel rupture/explosion in the distance perhaps..

Yeah, in the first vid, I actually thought it had some similarities to some of the footage from the High Altitude Nuke tests they did back in the 50's/60's.

I also wonder, as there is cloud cover, could it be the launch of something in the near vicinity? I would think the glow would last longer, but there may be a perspective reason for its short length.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Good find! The reactions seem pretty legitimate. I would probably have a few bleeped out moments too if I saw something so bright. Only thing I've seen with an orange glow in person similar to that was ball lightening, and it was nothing like that.
I will be interested to see if there are any more videos found!

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
It doesn't look time-lapsed or "doctored" to me... just an intense light in the night sky... likely caused by bolides (meteors) and darned neat.

I get people being afraid to appear gullible, but ... really?

I thought, as the image quality isn't the greatest, then it would be easier to hide such manipulations, but as I said, I don't know much in that area.

You're probably right about it being a meteor. Im not sure how it is being reported, and if there was any corresponding noise (not that I'd know if there should be a noise or not!)

Not too sure what you mean with that last part though? Don't think anyone posting has shown they're afraid or gullible. Just battering suggestion around for the sake of banter until some facts come in (if they ever do).

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
That sure looks weird. Thanks for posting! S+F.

Will be interesting to see what this is, hopefully not a clever hoax.
It looks like a slow-mo nuclear detonation.
If it is a asteroid of sorts, shouldn't there be a big after shock (bang), like in Chelyabinsk?

Im doubtful it's a hoax. As Baddogma says, there's no reason it couldnt just have been meteor related. Im curious about the noise thing as well. Cheers

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join