It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragon Age: Inquisition

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Sorry, folks, but Thedas calls! I'll be checking out for a few days starting at 11 pm tonight.

If the game grabs me, I may get lost for a while.

I do have an Origins ID an PC for multi-player if anyone else is also out there playing, and sorry for the German launch trailer, but it didn't ask me to sing in a verify my age.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So pumped! Gonna pre order it after work then head to the midnight launch. Are you saying this is multiplayer?????? coop?????

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I still have the 1st one from the series to get through!

Believe it or not, I bought it when it first came out and gave up on it, just because I can't figure out the user interface. Switching back and forth between party members and such. Otherwise I really enjoy the story line that comes with it.

I blame it on my age........I just don't have the knack for learning how to play them like I used too!

On the bright side though, I am looking forward to buying the newest installment at a deep discount, if and when I get thru the first one!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Shepard64

It has a multiplayer coop feature that is basically a four man dungeon crawler. It looks a bit like a much more challenging MMO in a way. If you played any of ME3's multiplayer the idea was greatly expanded upon to make the experiences deeper.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

This one has a simplified user interface, but you still get to swap between all four party members at will. However, there are only 8 hot key slots for abilities. And, you don't have to actually play the two previous ones in order to make decisions for this like you have. They created a simple tool called The Keep that lets you go through and make choices to set up what you would have done in the previous games to avoid the issues with downloading previous game saves.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Im a huge gamer and have tried to play the first one 3 times...i quit each time because i find the combat so freaking boring...you just button mash the same few buttons. I sadly didn't enjoy the games and I hate EA as well.

I love how the story is but I never bothered with part 2 and wont bother with part 3. So odd cause I loved the baldurs gate series and icewind dale...you think id love dragon age!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This one has a simplified user interface, but you still get to swap between all four party members at will. However, there are only 8 hot key slots for abilities. And, you don't have to actually play the two previous ones in order to make decisions for this like you have. They created a simple tool called The Keep that lets you go through and make choices to set up what you would have done in the previous games to avoid the issues with downloading previous game saves.

Nice! You pretty much explained my issue with the game with your response above comparing it to a more in depth version of the current MMO's.

I will most likely get it, but I will wait for it to go down in price!

Have fun! It looks great!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Reviews were allowed to be released for this game about a week before launch day. It's averaging around 9/10, which is pretty darn good.

Out of all the games that have been released in the past few months, this one is on top for me.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Well that just sounds wonderful!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I know what you mean but with games like dragon age and mass effect it isn't really about the gameplay (which they fixed in dragon age 2 by the way) it is about the well thought out story and decisions you can make as a player that can change the way the story turns out

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I was never looking forward to this game years ago when I heard it was coming out or even months ago when I heard its not that far off. But the more I saw of it the more it peeked my interest. I played the first game and liked it, the second game was alright but I never got into it so I never played it past a few hours. This game seems to just bring the best of both versions part 1 and 2.

And considering I have a lot more time on my hands now, I am looking forward to it, in fact I heard that the game if you want to explore and do everything can be over 100 hours long. I generally dont play games that long anymore, but hey if its intriguing and fun why not. The only thing that throws me off is the fact that I kind of stopped playing the whole dungeons and dragons system of battle long ago, it was fun for when I was a kid, or the turn based final fantasy systems from back then, but now a days I find it cumbersome. I much prefer action rpgs to that now a days, plus it takes you out of the reality of it when you got people and critters bleeding numbers when you attack them.

Not that its not fun, but you never know if the story and combat does not hold you it does get old. But its good they put in more of a open world, the first two games were pretty much story driven and you didn't do much explorations if any, in this third installment you can do more of that. Including running into creatures which can wipe your party out in one hit, so the challenge should be there if nothing else. So ya I preordered this game some months ago, just hoping it wont be a disappointment like so many other games which came out the past few months.

edit on 10pmMondaypm172014f1pmMon, 17 Nov 2014 22:31:48 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
That is a first for these sort of games. To tell the truth I dont think it can work, or if it does I am looking forward to see how they will do it. It will either blow, or it will change the landscapes for how these sort of genres are done, it sort of reminds me of golden axe a bit, or at least I am hoping it will be like that.

Its pretty hard to do a game like this which are pretty much a single player experience and was build around that, and not only that, but all rpgs like this were pretty much build from the ground up to be a single player experience for as long as these types of games were around over 30 years now even back on the atari.

But even if it sucks at least there doing something more then the same old, if these games are going to be evolving past the same old D@D rpg mold I think something like this would be necessary if not for this game, but at least for future like games. If anything it looks like it might work and may be more of a gimmick, kind of like a dungeon crawler golden axe sort of thing.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I only got an hour of play in lastnight but so far I really like the story and they really did take the best of DA1 and DA2. My only complaint and it is actually weird, I am playing on 360 and the graphics almost seem worse than DA1 which doesn't make any sense and it is a little buggy but it is day one so.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

If you love Baldur's Gate then keep your eye out for Pillars of Eternity. It's being released by Obsidian in January and supposed the be written/designed by some of the Baldur's Gate crew.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

i saw that and another one called like divinity or something...both look really good...and they redid icewind dale!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Okay, so I picked it up last night. I went through the tutorial mission twice - once with an elven archer and once with a human two handed warrior. Other than that I didn't get too far into it.

First impressions? Well, graphically it's beautiful. I was also glad to see some familiar faces right off the bat. On the down side the combat system is still too childish. It's not as bad as DA2 (which became unplayable for me) but it still takes away from what could be a good gaming experience.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

yeah I have my eye on pillars of eternity as well

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Bought the game when it came out, along with GTA V.

Played through the tutorial a few times, but right now I am more drawn into Tropico 3 which I bought for the 360...

I was a big DA lover for the first one, the 2nd one was ok, but not all that great. This one however, looks HUGE and very nicely put together.

Sooner or later I will dive into it on a hardcore scale and probably sink a few years of my life into it like I did with skyrim, which I still play on the 360 a lot...lol

First impression of the game, I would give it a 9 out of 10, only reducing one point for complexity.
Sometimes a game can get to overwhelming when it is huge with a big learning curve.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I have been playing this game a lot lately. Its much better then it first appears, the story is pretty engrossing and every character and npc has something to say, its a bit like skyrim in that respect. The graphics really are much better then the first two games, especially the scenery and landscapes, and they did some really cool effects and landscapes in the game.

I remember when you first get to the Storm Coast and see the ocean coming on the waves its really something, very few games I would say the landscapes made me go wow, but that one did. Its much better then the first game, and much more funner. I even started more then 5 times over and over at the beginning just because the character creator is pretty deep and I wanted to see what all the characters, races and classes looked like before starting the game. I eventually stuck to a human warrior but all the other classes have there own distinctive look and play styles.

I never liked the whole pause and issue commands play style, but in this game its definitely done right, even the whole pause and issue commands thing I always hated to do, but in this game it fits. Especially if you play on the nightmare difficulty its a must, it took me a bunch of times to beat the first boss the pride demon on the nightmare difficulty and its necessary to pause and issue commands in that mode. Which is why I started playing this game on hard mode, on that difficulty every encounter turns into a life or completely getting your party wiped out encounter.

This game is pretty dam fun, and I will definitely play it more then once, if for nothing but to try out the different classes and races you can choose to make in the game.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

2 mins and my download is complete, hope it was worth the £31.

Edit: My first impression is that this game really wants me to use a controller, i tried the usual WASD and keyboard and found the controls to be clunky. Started using my 360 controller and it becomes playable.

As to the graphics, they look gorgeous 9/10 on that front. my GTX770 4Gb, I5 3.8Ghz, 8Gb DDR3 seem to allow just about all the bells and whistles to function and the frame rate seems to be steady so far.

First game i have purchased for PC since Halflife 2, seems to be worth it so far.

edit on 25-11-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join