It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS dinar to threaten gold/silver?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
As most of us know the Islamic State has introduced a plan to produce it's own currency

The currency has seven different coins all valued in dinars. The reverse side of the coin features a map that reveals ISIS’s plan of world domination. It is worth five dinars. The other denomination of the gold coin has a symbol of seven wheat stalks and is worth one dinar. The silver coin comes in three different denominations. One denomination features a spear and shield; another shows a white minaret of Damascus and yet another shows the Al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem. They are worth one, five and ten dinar respectively.

www.cryptocoinsnews.com...

All of this is dependent upon finding a mint and materials I.e. gold and silver.

Now while this notion is obviously ridiculous at best, it's leading some to speculate a negative effect on the gold/silver market freedoms. Some have speculated this push for gold and silver by the terrorist group will enable introduction of restrictive legislation concerning these materials-much like similar legislation in India and the European Union.

Some have also speculated this may lead to restrictions in currency as well as it's already accepted if one is caught in possession of one of these coins, they will be charged with money laundering and possibly other terrorist related charges.

No country or financial institution would want to trade with the currency for fear of being branded as a sponsor of terrorism. Being branded a sponsor of terrorism would attract multiple indictments on various charges including the obvious one of money laundering.

blog.foreignpolicy.com...

So is this all part of a grand conspiracy to impose even more restrictions or simply a failed attempt at legitimacy?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I$I$

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: phoenix9884

So this "Terrorist" group now has its own refineries as well as a mint? Not to mention enough gold to support it. hmm...Where DID all that gold from 9/11 go to?

As I wrote in another thread:

"How are they now producing, refining, shipping, selling their own oil?"

Pretty well funded aren't they?

Peace

edit on 16-11-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

So this "Terrorist" group now has its own refineries as well as a mint? Not to mention enough gold to support it. hmm...Where DID all that gold from 9/11 go to?

Peace

There's a lot of networking, infrastructure generation, logistics and acquisitions when one gets in bed with the CIA ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Peace

Things that make you say hmmm

Well they haven't got a mint yet but I'm sure that's not far off. As far as money this is what Jimmy Gurule, a former U.S. Treasury undersecretary, told CNN's The Lead with Jake Tapper last Thursday.

"This is the wealthiest terrorist organization that the world has ever known, and so with that kind of money it's hard to understand.

edition.cnn.com...

According to analysts they make $1 million a day
Mostly with the black market oil you mention (I'll have to read your thread). Again though, all this depends on information from the MSM.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I just have to say......I laugh out loud.

Reason number.....no economy.

-Alien

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

-Alien

The Black Market is THE economy of Govt, criminals and terrorists.

Very profitable when they all use the same ATM card.

Peace

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

-Alien

The Black Market is THE economy of Govt, criminals and terrorists.

Very profitable when they all use the same ATM card.

Peace

I couldn't have put it any better. Well said.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
....and when no one takes your money???

Coins are great to have for your collection.

Do you really think this group is going to be given anymore leash than what has been given?

Totally autonomous group...with this wealth.....right.

No one is pulling their strings. SMFH.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
....and when no one takes your money???

Coins are great to have for your collection.

Do you really think this group is going to be given anymore leash than what has been given?

Totally autonomous group...with this wealth.....right.

No one is pulling their strings. SMFH.

It's not paper. It's gold.

Anyone will take it.

Peace

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
...and when you can't sell your gold?

Then what?

No peace in our time.
edit on 16-11-2014 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Back alley arms deals in gold? a monitored precious item?

Gold, a lot of it coming into the market deflates the value of gold......it only has value if it is restricted and people want it.

If you can't sell it or use it, it is worthless....like paper money.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
...not to mention...the world economy does not operate on any kind of Gold standard or any kind of "coined' standard at all....smfh

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
If they can get a currency they'll be able to create a bank. As far as lending terms go, they would have some of the best lending terms in the world provided they adhere to what Sharia Law dictates when it comes to lending given their strict terms on usury and interest. Plus they would be able to back their gold coins with barrels of black gold.

It's the basis of a pretty strong currency, it just depends on who would do business with them.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Them being able to operate the oil is no surprise really. They've captured the infrastructure and have the workers essentially captive. Work on the fields is going on as normal, just with different "bosses".

I read in the UK Guardian that the difference is that it goes to market through corrupt groups in other countries for less than market price. This practice is well established from dealing with embargoes in the past.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
when I first saw this my first thought was oh how I would like to get my hands on one of these coins!!
just in case they only get a small amount minted before they are taken out of the picture. Their value could be much higher than the metal value in a few generations.

But of course our fine gov't would have to step in in someway to make sure that we peons couldn't take advantage of such opportunities I suppose.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Why on earth would I want to use this new gold backed currency from ISIS when I have no trouble buying or trading silver/gold coins.

Now if they did like the west does and said it was the only legal tender to pay taxes in and I was in an area under their control then I guess I would just have to use them to pay the IRS but at least I could demand real silver/gold for my bits of paper.

Time for BitCoin to peg to gold and then I might buy some instead of the price jumping all over the place which is the last thing you want a currency to do.

The bankers are free to buy/sell Bitcoins on a huge scale to tweak the price but so long as I could ask for the metal as payment then I would not care much about the manipulation that goes on with gold anyway.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
...not to mention...the world economy does not operate on any kind of Gold standard or any kind of "coined' standard at all....smfh

Yet.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
when I first saw this my first thought was oh how I would like to get my hands on one of these coins!!
just in case they only get a small amount minted before they are taken out of the picture. Their value could be much higher than the metal value in a few generations.

But of course our fine gov't would have to step in in someway to make sure that we peons couldn't take advantage of such opportunities I suppose.

I'm sure you could buy one on the darkweb. If I can get a few dollars I plan to do that. I think they would be neat to own, also it's not like it's funding terrorism once they're minted and in circulation.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Basically they are living the good life why we are living are lives like #, whats wrong with this picture.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join