It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr.Gilbert -Ban from Gaza for telling the truth ..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Israel has banned Mads Gilbert, a Norwegian doctor who has helped Palestinians during conflicts for over 30 years, from entering Gaza, following his outspoken criticism of the Israeli government. Oslo has asked Jerusalem to reverse the decision.

Gilbert, who says he has treated about 11,000 Palestinians since first traveling to the region in 1981, hit the spotlight when he became an articulate spokesman for Palestinians during Operation Cast Lead in 2008, when most Western journalists were not allowed to enter the territory. He gained notoriety in Israel after co-authoring a highly-critical open letter about the country, which was published in the respected medical journal, Lancet, in July, at the height of the latest conflict, in which more than 2,100 were killed.

I am going to post a short video of Dr. Gilbert talking about the Israel / Palestine conflict . it is about 10 min long , His stance is TRUTH its not bias ,he speaks the TRUTH and for this reason the Israel Gov ban him from going back to Palestine to help treat injured people .

something he said that really resonated with me was ,when people are "labeled as terrorist " that is an automatic death sentence . it dehumanizes the person and essentially gives the green light to hand over a death sentence .

Dr.Gilbert touches on points about Israel as well like its security and such .

i have to warn the viewers this video contains graphic Images of children who have been victims of Israel's ruthless bombing of Gaza . but in order to spread the truth we cant hide from reality in which the truth is contained.

*WARNING VIDEOS CONTAINES GRAPHIC IMAGES*

you can read more here

in closing i would like to say to anyone who is pro Israel and supports there current agenda I my self used to be pro Israel because ate up all the propaganda it produced . I decided to go and research , i found truth in doing so and i urge you to do the same .
i am not asking you to listen to my words or the words of Dr.Gilbert ,but rather find your own words through research! and as the saying goes "the truth shall set you free "

Walsh
edit on 14-11-2014 by Walsh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Walsh

i found truth in doing so and i urge you to do the same .

They won't do that.

The Israeli Defence Forumers are as stubborn, blind, & evil as the terrorist government of Israel.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I've spent the last few days in the comments section of The Jerusalem Post.

& evil, vindictive, spiteful, hateful, vitriolic scum lurk in such corners of the Internet.

The Zionists are the most disgraceful bunch of people I've ever had the displeasure of entering discussion with.

It's no surprise that they have banned this Dr.
They're evil doers.

Far from the teachings of Abraham...

And they have spit on Jacobs Ladder from the pedestal they have set up for themselves.

They can do no wrong.

We westerners, & probably some easterners pride ourselves in disagreeing and calling out our governments for their wrongdoings...
Youll never find a Zionist who critisizes the Israeli government...
Unless they find fault in the governments lack of action and degradation towards Palestinians.

This Dr should be allowed to visit Gaza whenever he sees fit.

But this just proves that Israel is occupying Gaza as well as West Bank & other districts of Palestine illegally!

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

But this just proves that Israel is occupying Gaza as well as West Bank & other districts of the British Mandate of Palestine illegally!

Fixed it for ya...

Now... name these other 'districts' you mentioned. Im curious.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

How about the whole of Palestine?
Jerusalem included!

Gaza was the only place supposedly not occupied and we can now see that along with Aid blockades they're deciding who can and can't visit?

That means the autonomy of Gaza is no longer under elected Hamas rule and is being decided by and outside force?

This is just the start of denying anyone they deem fit.

Btw.
Israel is also a British entity in origin.

edit on 14-11-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Terrible things are happening and terrible abuses of an oppressed people are a daily regularity. The imbalance of power alone is proof that this situation is wrong.

As a Jew with a born love of the land of Israel, every time another Palestinian youth is shot dead for daring to resist, it rends my heart. Violence begets violence. Every life matters, and every people deserves the right to govern themselves.

I just want to say that it is one thing to support the state of Israel and its right to exist, and another thing altogether to support current policies and recent events. True and honest support of Israel and Palestine both necessitates the desire for peace between them.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kitsunegari
Terrible things are happening and terrible abuses of an oppressed people are a daily regularity. The imbalance of power alone is proof that this situation is wrong.

As a Jew with a born love of the land of Israel, every time another Palestinian youth is shot dead for daring to resist, it rends my heart. Violence begets violence. Every life matters, and every people deserves the right to govern themselves.

I just want to say that it is one thing to support the state of Israel and its right to exist, and another thing altogether to support current policies and recent events. True and honest support of Israel and Palestine both necessitates the desire for peace between them.

wow, what a powerful statement! , Like Dr. Gilbert was saying basically , the people of Palestine at heart are not Against the "jews" nor are the Jews against the Palestinian people . but rather the State and their policy's and actions .

thank you very much for your honest reply
i wish i could have you an applaud !

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

How about the whole of Palestine? Jerusalem included!

There goes a 2 state solution out the window, so much for wanting peace. In previous threads you claim the opposite.

Actually, Kingdoms of Israel and also judah existed long before arabia or even britain... get ur facts straight.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

There goes a 2 state solution out the window, so much for wanting peace. In previous threads you claim the opposite.

Actually, Kingdoms of Israel and also judah existed long before arabia or even britain... get ur facts straight.

And Canaan existed before Israel and the Hebrews came. Your point being?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Quite an impactful short film, Dr Gilbert is a remarkable man. Hopefully more than the 10,000 that have watched will see it. Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Quite an impactful short film, Dr Gilbert is a remarkable man. Hopefully more than the 10,000 that have watched will see it. Thanks for posting.

indeed , thank you for watching it !

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Well, let's ask Israel itself!

On May 18, 1948, four days after Israel declared its independence, the United nations security council had some questions about the affair - Israel's independence, the civil war in Palestine (which had become a regional war earlier that week), etc. These questions were directed to Arthur Lourie, then-director of the Jewish Agency for Palestine, which was then functioning as part of the provisional government of Israel, alongside the Jewish National Council. Two of the questions are particularly relevant to what you just asked:

(a) Over which areas of Palestine do you actually exercise control at the present time?

(b) Do you have armed forces operating in areas (towns, cities, districts) of Palestine where the Arabs are the majority, or outside Palestine?

mr. Lourie answered these question as follows:

...Over the entire area of the Jewish State as defined in the Resolution of the General Assembly of the 29th November, 1947. In addition, the Provisional Government exercises control over the city of Jaffa; Northwestern Galilee, including Acre, Zib, Base, and the Jewish settlements up to the Lebanese frontier; a strip of territory alongside the road from Hilda to Jerusalem; almost all of new Jerusalem; and of the Jewish quarter within the walls of the Old City of Jerusalem. The above areas, outside the territory of the State of Israel, are under the control of the military authorities of the State of Israel, who are strictly adhering to international regulations in this regard. The Southern Negev is uninhabited desert over which no effective authority has ever existed.

and

We consider the territory of Israel as a single unit with a Jewish majority. As indicated above, the Government of the State of Israel operates in parts of Palestine outside the territory of the State of Israel; parts which, with the notable exception of Jerusalem, formerly for the most part, contained Arab majorities. These areas have, however, been mostly abandoned by their Arab population. No area outside of Palestine is under Jewish occupation but sallies beyond the frontiers of the State of Israel have occasionally been carried out by Jewish forces for imperative military reasons, and as a part of an essentially defensive plan.

Source: unispal.un.org...

So then, according to the then-acting government of Israel, the following territories fell outside of the state of israel

- Jaffa
- Northwestern Galilee
- "A strip of territory along the road from Hilda to Jerusalem," likely meaning Lydda and Ramle and attendant villages
- Jerusalem
- the Negev desert

These territories - with the exception of the majority of the Negev - fall outside of the land claimed by Israel when it issued its declaration of independence to the world - in that declaration, it claimed only the boundaries of the "Jewish State" envisioned in the 1947 partition plan, as shown in the formal declaration issued to President Truman on May 14 1948:

MY DEAR MR. PRESIDENT: I have the honor to notify you that the state of Israel has been proclaimed as an independent republic within frontiers approved by the General Assembly of the United Nations in its Resolution of November 29, 1947, and that a provisional government has been charged to assume the rights and duties of government for preserving law and order within the boundaries of Israel, for defending the state against external aggression, and for discharging the obligations of Israel to the other nations of the world in accordance with international law. The Act of Independence will become effective at one minute after six o'clock on the evening of 14 May 1948, Washington time.

With full knowledge of the deep bond of sympathy which has existed and has been strengthened over the past thirty years between the Government of the United States and the Jewish people of Palestine, I have been authorized by the provisional government of the new state to tender this message and to express the hope that your government will recognize and will welcome Israel into the community of nations.
Very respectfully yours,
ELIAHU EPSTEIN
Agent, Provisional Government of Israel

Source: avalon.law.yale.edu...
PDF of original letter: trumanlibrary.org...

an independent republic within frontiers approved by the General Assembly of the United Nations in its Resolution of November 29, 1947 is the stand-out line there. That resolution was of course the general assembly's resolution for the partition of Palestine. This:

everything beyond those bounds - including the regions mentioned above, as well as gaza, the west bank, and GOlan, are not Israel's by any stretch of the imagination.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTengriist

wow ! another Amazing post ! ..i am speechless ! thank you for posting this , i had no idea !

have you ever thought about making a thread to outline this ?

thanks again !

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

the civil war in Palestine (which had become a regional war earlier that week)

So then, according to the then-acting government of Israel, the following territories fell outside of the state of israel

- Jaffa
- Northwestern Galilee
- "A strip of territory along the road from Hilda to Jerusalem," likely meaning Lydda and Ramle and attendant villages
- Jerusalem
- the Negev desert

All you concluded was that the Arabs lost a war they waged against a UN recognized state of Israel.
You are correct... the Arab Palestinians should have taken what was given to them.
Maybe the arab nations as well as palestinian individuals should think twice before waging war, losing, retreating and then crying about lost land.

edit on 2014-11-14T22:27:36-06:00201411bpm3011pm3630 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

- Jaffa
- Northwestern Galilee
- Jerusalem
- the Negev desert

You are correct... the Arab Palestinians should have taken what was given to them.
But they waged war.... maybe the arab nations as well as palestinian individuals should think twice before waging war, losing, retreating and then crying about lost land.

Well, nothing was being given to them - land was actually being taken from them to give to a minority in the territory. i imagine anyone anywhere would be rather upset and refuse such a scheme.

But, what the Palestinian did or did not do is not particularly relevant to what I just pointed out.

Israel declared its own boundaries. it set them to the Jewish State outlined in the 1947 plan. Israel's government outlined what territories were occupied, but fell outside the bounds of the nation of Israel.

I'm not sure if you're aware how nation states work, or are just making a special case for Israel... but once a nation declares its borders, that's pretty much it. No backsies, no "oops, forgot a few spots,' what you claim is what you get, at best.

And while i could go on about the details about the 1947 civil war and the 1948 Arab-Israeli war, again, they are irrelevant to the border issue; A nation cannot expand its territory through warfare. Doesn't matter if it's a defensive or offensive war. It's just not legal. You can occupy enemy territory... but it is still that enemy's territory. You can't annex it under occupation. The only legal way for territory to change hands between nations is through treaty between the owning nation and the receiving nation.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTengriist

- Jaffa
- Northwestern Galilee
- Jerusalem
- the Negev desert

But they waged war.... maybe the arab nations as well as palestinian individuals should think twice before waging war, losing, retreating and then crying about lost land.

Well, nothing was being given to them - land was actually being taken from them to give to a minority in the territory. i imagine anyone anywhere would be rather upset and refuse such a scheme.

But, what the Palestinian did or did not do is not particularly relevant to what I just pointed out.

Israel declared its own boundaries. it set them to the Jewish State outlined in the 1947 plan. Israel's government outlined what territories were occupied, but fell outside the bounds of the nation of Israel.

I'm not sure if you're aware how nation states work, or are just making a special case for Israel... but once a nation declares its borders, that's pretty much it. No backsies, no "oops, forgot a few spots,' what you claim is what you get, at best.

And while i could go on about the details about the 1947 civil war and the 1948 Arab-Israeli war, again, they are irrelevant to the border issue; A nation cannot expand its territory through warfare. Doesn't matter if it's a defensive or offensive war. It's just not legal. You can occupy enemy territory... but it is still that enemy's territory. You can't annex it under occupation. The only legal way for territory to change hands between nations is through treaty between the owning nation and the receiving nation.

According to your logic, Israel should be restored to its original ancient borders then... You know, the ones that existed before arab nations came into the picture?
Works for me.

edit on 2014-11-14T23:28:56-06:00201411bpm3011pm5630 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

It's an issue of international laws, treaties and accords to which the state of Israel is party. Plus still, the issue of the bounds declared by israel itself.

Please don't turn to nonsense just because you can't argue a position effectively.
edit on 14-11-2014 by TheTengriist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

No need to label me nonsense. Just face the facts.
edit on 2014-11-14T23:52:56-06:00201411bpm3011pm5630 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Their can be a two state solution without annexing Jerusalem.

And Palestine was first mentioned by the Ancient Greeks.

So get your facts straight.
edit on 15-11-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
First it was

Then

Their can be a two state solution without annexing Jerusalem.

Your view seems to change from post to post.

And Palestine was first mentioned by the Ancient Greeks. So get your facts straight.

You're either reading too fast or your too vague, but i never said anything to the contrary.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join