It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained explosion sound in Pennsylvania

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: phoenix9884

originally posted by: the owlbear
a reply to: phoenix9884

That's due to all of the fracking in Oklahoma. Mother Nature is pissed.
no fracking around here.

That may be but in this thread there's a map overlay of the fracking and the EQ's and they don't match up. I'm working on something. It's taking a while but I promise it'll be worth it.

*edit
Might be this thread they're both essentially the same topic.)

Through no Fault of your own... ha I kill me!
I fear the ground coming out from under me.
Lots of undermining here from the coal days..
Can't wait for the write up!

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
A ex-military meteorologist who heard the boom has ruled out a sonic boom from air traffic or a meteor.

He also said it did not sound like thunder, it sounded like an explosion.
His house shook too.

Meteorologist who is ex-military weighs possibilities for Allentown area boom, which he heard
edit on 11/14/14 by BlueAjah because: spelling

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Another thing to make note of ... there is a fault line that runs down the Delaware river and goes right by Lehigh and Bucks counties. We've had two earthquakes here from the fault line doing a shake on it. There could be underground activity from the fault line.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Do you mean Bucks or Berks? The 4.2/4.6 earthquakes in '94 (biggest ones in recent eastern PA history) were in Berks.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I just heard from a friend that lives a few miles away that their satellite TV was down last night too.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Well, sorry guys!

The mystery has been explained.

Apparently the police caused the explosion!
The blew up a grenade from someone's WWII artifact collection.

www.lehighvalleylive.com...

Case closed!

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
but... I wonder why satellite TV would go out in the same area at the same time?
hmmm

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Given the recent earthquake swarms in Oklahoma (?) i wouldn't be surprised it has something to do with the New Madrid Fault. One poster above posted a diagram showing the location of the faults and that immediately made me think that it could be directly related.

If not maybe there's underground work? Any armed forces bases or mining nearby? Who knows with fracking and everything else it could be the earth ready to rock.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

And it wasn't just one company. I saw a reference to Direct TV. I have Dish Network.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Pretty sure direct and dish use the same bird or birds. Last I knew the sat @ 110 was utilized by both. Been out of the game ofr 5 yrs now so things might have changed?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaynkeel
a reply to: butcherguy

Pretty sure direct and dish use the same bird or birds. Last I knew the sat @ 110 was utilized by both. Been out of the game ofr 5 yrs now so things might have changed?

I think that they do also. But if it were only one company that was affected... The explanation would more likely be an Earthly one.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Sounds like a really convenient excuse...

Almost as if someone said " Too many people are still talking about this, i dont care what it is but you need to give them a reason to shut up"

The bomb squad determined the grenade was dormant and had no gunpowder inside, said Allentown fire Capt. John Christopher. The squad took the grenade to its bunker at the police training facility off Park Drive near the Lehigh Parkway at about 7:30 p.m. and "rendered it safe," meaning they blew it up, Christopher said. Christopher said the squad does training a few times a year where they dispose of seized items like munitions and fireworks.

So the grenade was a dud? Wasnt even explosive on it own... but they decided to blow it up anyway? IF it was dormant and wasnt at risk of exploding why would they have to "Render it safe" to begin with?Why would it create such a large explosion then? And If they do this several times a year... then why would people be so shocked to hear it again? Maybe my tinfoil hats on a little too tight but the explanation given still doesnt sound right...just my 2 cents

ETA: Seems like even the locals posting on the news story arent buying this explanation. One even directly asks why they would put this story out as a red herring...

edit on 463030507pm30America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join