It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piece Be Unto You

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

yes all those should be looked into but i ask GOD to forgive those who are unable to gain understanding. it is sad that intentions of dismissal are greater than overcoming the burden laid before us.

Greetings,

Now that's not fair. Using God to belittle people whom don't understand your way of thinking. It is not sad that I do not understand you. It is also not sad that you are not making much sense. Don't therefor point the finger.

Please, explain your self more. My understanding is that you are not clued up on the words Peace and Piece. This is quite a simple concept to understand. From the birth of Latin through to modern day English both words have a meaning, a separate meaning to which you are confusing the two.

The words peace and piece are homophones: they are pronounced the same but have different meanings. The noun peace means contentment or the absence of war. The noun piece refers to a portion or a part of a whole. As a verb, piece is often followed by together and means to complete or join into a whole (as in "piece together a quilt") . Idiomatically, you may "hold your peace" (stay silent) or "speak your piece" (say what you have to say).

Scource

Spiro

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

bottom line is that when the word is spoken to you with two meanings then either meaning could be intended. A peiceful mind will always be at war. this is what was ment by the words a kingdom divided can not stand. You never have any way to discern 100% what is intended when the sound of peace is spoken. sure we can assume context and keep fighting or recognize that some power over you could be wielded without you knowing. meanwhile lets continue to be baffeled at why the world finds no peace.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick
This is a tough topic to explain to anyone who isn't familiar with the concept Deadeye. I only had to read your OP once to know what you were getting at, but I have studied it. Hence my post on the first page. Most people will scoff at it, but even being atheist, I think the concept has merit.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiro

in short the launguages were confused and i belive that sound has more power than meaning to our subconcious minds. I view humans as a type of biological computer that has base programming and this is all part of the decption that was mentioned in the bible. Many words and phrases hold power we do not percieve and the new speak derrived from texting is a way to combat what we do not realize what is happening. This is why many cultures in the past had no written laungauge. So the meanings would not get confused and people would not fall into unknown verbal traps.

The two definitions when looked at a certain way are opposite from eachother if you can see how a whole mind is at peace and a divided one is in pieces. A greater understanding of what i am saying comes from many sayings in the bible and many times jesus was explaining this concept.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

This is a tough topic to explain to anyone who isn't familiar with the concept Deadeye. I only had to read your OP once to know what you were getting at, but I have studied it. Hence my post on the first page. Most people will scoff at it, but even being atheist, I think the concept has merit.

It is good someone can see. I would hate to say that perhaps a spirit could block one from understanding. However i find it a bonus for those that have steered away from organized religion that you get it and that says much for your state of mind being at peace and leaves much hope for unbelievers to overcome the pieces.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
To build on what Benevolent Heretic pointed out, if you look at a dictionary, you will see that they both come from two different Latin words. Peace comes from pax and piece comes from pecia. Both were passed down through the same languages which is likely why they ended up sounding the same; however, their very different roots are what led to their different spellings.

You can't really draw a conclusion that there is a conspiracy there if the two words had nothing in common with each other starting out.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

bottom line is that when the word is spoken to you with two meanings then either meaning could be intended.

No .. only one intent is behind the spoken word.
People aren't confused as to which meaning they are using.
They are sure and they have specific intent.
Therefore, no curse.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

surely you will not claim that you are 100% correct. what is a curse word and why do some words drive some to anger.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

surely you will not claim that you are 100% correct. what is a curse word and why do some words drive some to anger.

Intent is what is behind a curse.
People intend for the word 'peace' to mean exactly that.
Therefore there is no curse.
That's 100% correct.
As you said, intent is everything.
And people are sure of their intent.
Bottom line - no curse.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

that only proves that perhaps they should not be pronounced the same today and that by doing so we are continuing the divide. i do find simularities in the word pie and piece. looking at it from that angle it shows that we could be making the wrong sound when we say it if you compare with other words containing ie.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Intent is what is behind a curse.

People intend for the word 'peace' to mean exactly that.

Therefore there is no curse.

That's 100% correct.

As you said, intent is everything.

And people are sure of their intent.

Bottom line - no curse.

you think too well of people and assume too much. i bet if more were at stake you would seek clairification. yes it has even been said by you now that with intent and decption it would be possible. news flash many among us have ill intent but hide it well. i can't wait to live in a world where they do not exist cause they stand in the way of actual peace.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Well, then your beef is with the English language and how it has been maintained or rather not maintained and not the words themselves.

Most people who speak the words know which ones they mean, and from the context the words are used in, people who hear them also know which meaning is intended.

Most people are not thinking in sound/symbol when we speak. Do you think in sound/symbol (i.e. do you spell every word you say in your mind as you say it)? So whether or not you would spell peace or piece doesn't matter at that point. What matters is the context of your speech, and it makes no sense to think of piece in the context of "Peace Be Upon You."

So, I guess someone could think they are cursing you by using piece in place of peace, but unless you can prove that such a curse actually works, the person hearing the phrase still hears peace.

edit on 14-11-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

yes i actually do tend to think in symbols more often than most it seems. the kicker here is that you do not have to buy into a single word i say in order to be cursed all it takes is a connection being made. dismissing a curse by ignoring it only removes it from your list of possibilities and does not break a curse. IGNORrance is not a shield

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Ok so the hand gesture for peace is two fingers apart. The symbol for peace is a circle with an upside down y inside looking like a slice of pie being cut. Why do most have a hard time understanding that in the subconcious mind that comes in as piece and not peace. Does that not further dillute our understanding of what we want. It makes us ok with there being no peace.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

A fine example is all the people who believe in Christ calling him Jesus. What do they do that shows they follow Christ?
edit on 11Mon, 17 Nov 2014 23:41:28 -0600America/Chicago14America/ChicagoMon, 17 Nov 2014 23:41:28 -0600 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: greyer

strive for piece unknowingly.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

strive for piece unknowingly.

They strive for peace unknowingly? Errr, WRONG.

It was close though, because you were treading water around the great dualistic properties of time in the 3rd realm. Night and day, truth and false, etc.

You know there are teachings in the bible that made it from the real Christ. The books are made around the fake Jesus but some of the words were from the real Christ, and that was a tactic of the early church fathers to make it more believable - kind of like modern day disinfo, base the story around the truth and you can add in any lie that you want, and people prove to believe it for 1,000s of years. If the information was not allowed to be released, like if this was not a free country, we would have not known and we would have still either disbelieved because of a hunch or intuition or created Paul's definition of faith. One of those teachings was to take knowledge first for yourself before you go helping other people. If only one would open up there eyes first they would be able to see that all of the researchers received the information at the end of the 20th century, that in itself means that it was a controlled thing and is another book in itself (Dead Sea Scroll cover up).

To act like you are a know-it-all only equates to one reality in reality, not your false perception of what reality is. It equates to something negative.

Now This Is Important To Understand Because It Involves The Real Teachings Of Christ, The Same Ones That You And Everyone Else Ignore. Now this whole ignoring Holy thing is a book in itself. People choose to ignore the truth because it is a spiritual weapon. The opposite of ignore is to give attention. In spiritual terms this is everything, how is a person going to gain knowledge if they don't pay attention? How is a man going to love a woman if he does not pay attention. People were not taught how important this is so they manipulate it.

Can you see where we are getting at? You and others manipulate the truth and ignore the facts but because you are egotistical you act like you are the smart one, which was taught as wrong. This has been happening all throughout history! The most different rule that the true Christ taught stood out more than any other rule in religion and history. It was to love another person. It was the most relayed rule that was in the teachings of Christ. If you think that people love each other or care about each other to one little degree, I will take a video camera outside and I bet within 2 minutes I can prove that somebody does something to show they do not care about another person and only care for themselves. That is another book that can be written of this sorry ignorant age because I not only see it happening to me every day but I see it happening to others.

Paul was absolutely wrong and that is why people prove to Not Look At The Evidence. Paul as the one who brought Christianity to the powers of the day, the Romans who ended up persecuting the Christians. Does that make sense? The Roman Catholics are the most dominant Christian religion, do you see the power struggle? It does make sense because the Romans did not want the true Christianity, they wanted their version of it which involved the mystery religion of Mithra. You may think I am getting off topic but intelligence does not prevail itself within one sentence as you tried to make people believe. What I am saying is that the real teachings of Christ were purposefully banned. Paul's belief was that faith was blind, as people believe today. This Was Not The Belief Or Teaching Of Christ. Paul was a murderer like Mohammed, Paul did not know Christ. Christ did not even sacrifice animals which was popular at the time for religion because Christ did not see that fit in any of their practices. Do you think Christ would have ever killed people? The teachings were first and foremost about loving other people as I said and I can prove that.

So do people follow the teachings today? Or do they just go to church on The Day Of The Sun, come on. Below I have listed some of the long forgotten Teachings of Christ.

Love Your Neighbor.

Observe The Sabbath.

Offer Thanks Before And After Meals.

Wash Your Neighbors Feet.

Awake Before Dawn And Pray.

Bathe In Water Twice A Day For Spiritual Purification.

Sing thanksgiving hymns.

Observe the Passover.

Christians are no longer bound to observe the Passover feast the way the Old Testament Jews were.

I am so sad to know that Our Generations Are Being Taught Lies. They are being taught that the Passover was an OT practice but It Was A NT Practice. It seems like everyone in the world including you is on a total power trip in order just to fight the truth. Why does the ego do that?? It is so beyond me that people would do something as to fight the truth, much more baffling that understanding why they are so apathetic and do not care about people suffering. Which brings us to the answer of why you were wrong and why I am right:

They Strive For EVIL Unknowingly.
edit on 11Sun, 23 Nov 2014 11:24:07 -0600America/Chicago14America/ChicagoSun, 23 Nov 2014 11:24:07 -0600 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

you missed the point. the word peace is false and does not exist. only the word piece exist. If we all want to get along then we will stop striving for one thought but saying the opposite. we could say harmony or tranquil and get better results. Just look what will happen when they stand up in ferguson and call for piece. They will get it. The story repeats over and over.

you have said much and seemed to be directing it personally at me. everyone has bad days. hope yours gets better. if you feel i am guilty of all that you accuse me of then you need to get specific and show what led you to your conclusion.
edit on 23-11-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I wonder that if any who doubted my words can now see that when the furguson verdict came down we had obama on one side of the tv uttering the word peace and as soon as he said it the whole place went up in smoke and violence and was shown on the other side of our screen. It was a real life demonstration of my op. Then compare it to the verdict in new york yesterday where captured on film was the overuse of force ending in death yet we had no major calls for peace before the verdict and we seen a total different type of protest that could be summed up as meaningful.

Say what you will about china but at least they can understand the problem with puns and try to make an effort toward clairity.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join