It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piece Be Unto You

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Peace/Piece
I offer this thought that perhaps some say one thing but mean another. Yes there are two definitions but when the word is spoken it should beg the question of what is meant. Further evidence of a possible conspiracy against mankind can be found in the hand gesture that is made when signifing the word peace. We use two fingers in the air with them spread apart showing that perhaps that points to the written word piece. It would seem that two fingers together would do a better job of signifing peace or coming together.

I ask are we being cursed by these words when they are spoken and signed or will you ignore the evidence?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
We use two fingers in the air with them spread apart showing that perhaps that points to the written word piece.

What does that mean?

U.S. President Richard Nixon used the gesture to signal victory in the Vietnam War, an act which became one of his best-known trademarks. He also used it on his departure from public office following his resignation in 1974.

Protesters against the Vietnam War (and subsequent anti-war protests) and counterculture activists adopted the gesture as a sign of peace. Because the hippies of the day often flashed this sign (palm out) while saying "Peace", it became popularly known (through association) as the peace sign.

en.wikipedia.org...

Piece is an entirely different word, meaning a part of something.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
We come in peace.
We come en peace.
We come end peace.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

What

Sorry but I"m not getting this at all.
Would you please reword it and maybe then I can follow.
Thanks

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Greetings,

Peace

Piece

I hope this helps you some. Otherwise, I'm at a loss on your thought process.

Spiro

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
such a simple concept i am at a loss why understanding is failing. If we are having a verbal conversation and i speak the word then you have to assume the meaning and i could get by with wishing you to be in pieces without you realizing what i done and you would not counter my desire because you would be unaware of my intentions. Ask yourselves why we as a society would have one sound that has two meanings that are contrary to eachother. i submit that the actual sound made by the word only has one meaning and the other is false to keep the curse going and further drive mankind from the desire we have to be at ease with each other.

When we say peace we are really meaning division but we have been tricked into thinking otherwise. This ties in directly with revelations speaking of false peace. I say that laungauge is hard wired into our brains and the sound made only has one meaning and that is division and the hand gesture also points to that as well as the symbl of one line extending down into two seperating into two. that is a sign of god above being whole in heaven then being divided in mind right and left where we are. If we truely want the fake meaning to happen then we will recognize the uttered division when it is spoken to us and we will verbally reject it. ignore my words and continue the divide or heed them and see a positive change.
edit on 14-11-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

We use two fingers in the air with them spread apart showing that perhaps that points to the written word piece.

What does that mean?

U.S. President Richard Nixon used the gesture to signal victory in the Vietnam War, an act which became one of his best-known trademarks. He also used it on his departure from public office following his resignation in 1974.

Protesters against the Vietnam War (and subsequent anti-war protests) and counterculture activists adopted the gesture as a sign of peace. Because the hippies of the day often flashed this sign (palm out) while saying "Peace", it became popularly known (through association) as the peace sign.

en.wikipedia.org...

very good addition to the thread. This only proves my point because he was not telling the truth then cause we did not win that war and spiritually he was saying something entirely different. He was signaling the division in the world that war brings and more.

Piece is an entirely different word, meaning a part of something.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I ask are we being cursed by these words when they are spoken and signed or will you ignore the evidence?

That's not evidence, it's conjecture. More voodoo/superstition than substantive.

IMO.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I go full Vulcan, but that's just how I roll.

Live long and prosper.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

that statment could fit most anything. not much is out of the bounds of conjecture

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I completely agree. I also don't consider conjecture to be evidence.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Curses rely on intent and the intent of people saying peace be to you is just that ... PEACE.

The hand 'V' peace sign is an adaption from Unicode and it means victory.
Peace in victory. HERE

The intent of peace and the 'v' hand sign are victory and peace.
There is no curse of separation there. Separation isn't the intent.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Here's Bush jr doing the peace sign, he never got it right. . . .

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

That's obviously 3 dogs, hold the kraut.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
a reply to: beezzer

That's obviously 3 dogs, hold the kraut.

Either that or someone asked how old he was. . . . .

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

If we are having a verbal conversation and i speak the word then you have to assume the meaning and i could get by with wishing you to be in pieces without you realizing what i done and you would not counter my desire because you would be unaware of my intentions.

If you said "Peace" I would assume it to be a wish of peace.
If you said, "be in pieces" I would know your wish was for me to be in pieces.

Context is everything. And it doesn't matter, really. If you say the word, I'm going to interpret it however I do.

Ask yourselves why we as a society would have one sound that has two meanings that are contrary to eachother.

The two words are not contrary. Their meanings are just different. Our language has probably hundreds of words like that. They're called homophones. They sound alike, but have different meanings.

Be and bee
Raise and rays
Karat and carrot
Pale and pail
For and four

Why do Homophones exist at all?
The English language is a "Melting Pot" of words derived from many other languages, businesses, trades, sciences, and industry jargon.

New technologies, social changes and regional dialects also contribute to new homophone sets.

Complete List of Homophones

i submit that the actual sound made by the word only has one meaning and the other is false to keep the curse going and further drive mankind from the desire we have to be at ease with each other.

A curse, huh? How do you explain the hundreds of other homophones? All curses?
edit on 11/14/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Curses rely on intent and the intent of people saying peace be to you is just that ... PEACE.

The hand 'V' peace sign is an adaption from Unicode and it means victory.

Peace in victory. HERE

The intent of peace and the 'v' hand sign are victory and peace.

There is no curse of separation there. Separation isn't the intent.

that is exactly my point because you assume intent and underestimate the power of sounds. we are pre hardwired for sound just like some mindprogrammers use trigger words. it is all about what the subconcious percieves and not what we have been trained to think by minglinged definitions. a more clear wording like may god bless you is not loaded with possible bad intentions.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

yes all those should be looked into but i ask GOD to forgive those who are unable to gain understanding. it is sad that intentions of dismissal are greater than overcoming the burden laid before us.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Well, you know Deadeye, SPELL...ing is important.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

you assume intent and underestimate the power of sounds.

Intent is the power behind a curse and behind words used.
The sounds are not.

it is all about what the subconcious percieves and not what we have been trained to think .

The subconscious picks up on what it's been trained to.
In this case - peace and 'v' are positive and no ill intent.
Therefore .... no curse.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join