It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I trust anybody?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Here in Canada we learned that the extremely popular radio host Jian Ghomeshi is actually a violent sexual predator.

And now I have encountered testimony that the extremely likeable Bill Cosby was also a sexual predator. And during the same google search, Bill Clinton turned up with allegations of violent non-consensual sex allegations.

Is there anybody who is loved and famous that is a good person?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Google it.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I think the charges against Cosby were pretty unfounded. Yes, the alleged victim was offered a settlement. That doesn't mean he was guilty, often it's far cheaper for the accused to settle outside of court than pay lawyers for years. That's not just because I like Cosby, I would say the same about any other celebrity even if I hated them. Would it surprise me if there was proof? Not really. Until there is I'm going to assume he's not guilty.

Most of the time in cases like this where a person takes a settlement it trips my BS alarm. Someone who actually suffered, has proof and whatnot is going to go for the whole enchilada and want to be proven truthful.

I highly doubt Clinton was a violent sexual predator. Not a huge fan of the guy or his politics, but I highly doubt he went around violently sexing people up. I think he was too smart for that.

I have no idea who your Canadian celebrity is. It happens though.

There are a TON of whackjobs out there that prey (or attempt to) on celebrities. Be it for attention, monetary gain or outright batcrap insanity.

You can choose to suspect everyone but I think that's a rather crappy way to go about it. Be cautious with people you don't know and listen to that little voice in your head. I read a book that I rather liked. "The Gift of Fear". People usually know when someone or a situation is dangerous, they're just a little too programmed to be polite. Unless you're friends with all of the seemingly good celebrities, don't sweat it. I like who I like and don't automatically defend someone blindly because of it if they get charged or have allegations levied against them. People that seem nice can be worse than expected, and people who seem awful can also surprise you.

I tend to be skeptical of people until I get to know them and they earn my trust. It doesn't make you weak or bad for seeing the good in people. It becomes a weakness if when presented with facts of their misdeeds you blindly support them because they seem nice.

They are entertainers. Enjoy them. It doesn't reflect poorly on you for thinking a murderer or child molester was talented and then despising them when that information comes to light. I still think Michael Jackson was an amazing performer and enjoy some of his songs. Also pretty sure the allegations against him were true (and realize that sort of invalidates other things I've said).

Was this a particularly hard blow? I can't think of any celebrity that I like enough that I would feel affected with this news, but I get it if you really liked the radio host.

Trust people who have earned it. A celebrity can't unless you're involved in their life.

I hope you have a wonderful night, Friday and weekend!

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Its a big thing among the "elite" to abuse mind controlled slaves and civilians alike. Of course that's just my opinion based on what I have read regarding that subject. It seems there is a definite movement in hollywood to indoctrinate young stars into a life of what basically boils down to sexual servitude for acting jobs.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Is there anybody who is loved and famous that is a good person?

You could always check this person out : en.wikipedia.org...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
To answer your question of: "Is there anybody who is loved and famous that is a good person? "

Of course there is. Most people don't aim to be bad and many a celebrity tries hard to to good, whether through philanthropy or just being true to their fans.

To answer your title question of: "Can I trust anybody?"

No.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Here in Canada we learned that the extremely popular radio host Jian Ghomeshi is actually a violent sexual predator.

I refuse to let the court of public opinion, sway me into thinking anything.

I'll await the facts of the case before determining if he's a 'violent sexual predator', and not just somebody who enjoys S&M.

But you're probably right.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

In a word, no you cannot. Not if you place any confidence or trust in people who, despite living in the public eye to a degree, you have never actually met, and therefore cannot possibly make a proper value judgement about, with regard to their internal construction, the manner in which their minds work, or any other thing.

It is hard enough to really get to know a human being with whom you have actually had face to face contact! Lord knows that people throughout history have been appalled by people who have lived right next door to them, or as a big part of a community, and have then turned out later to be serial murderers, child molesters, international criminal masterminds, terrorists, spies, and a whole host of other awful things.

You can however trust yourself, and if you do that, and pay attention, you will find methods of applying trust to those around you, without insisting that people turn out NOT to be gargantuan bastards in disguise.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Oh it is all an act on media by them??? I am soooooo shocked

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Nope...you can't really trust anyone these days....teachers, priests, politicians, public figures etc etc etc.....

Heck...nowadays its hard to even trust one's self....

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

They are entertainers. Enjoy them. It doesn't reflect poorly on you for thinking a murderer or child molester was talented and then despising them when that information comes to light.

Very wise post, clearly we don't know any of these people personally no matter how much gossip we read. We can't "LOVE" them as so many say they do, we can love their art.

I highly doubt Clinton was a violent sexual predator. Not a huge fan of the guy or his politics, but I highly doubt he went around violently sexing people up. I think he was too smart for that.

I agree, he seems like the type who smooses not forces but I read allegations that Mrs. Clinton was a violent sexual offender of young girls, the story was so well told I was left stunned. I am absolutely sure we can't know anyone no matter how close they are to us. I had this proved to me and so have people married to serial killers.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Lips were bit, some allege.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Bill Pres, not Bill funny man.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Can you trust anyone?
Entirely up to you.
If you attach strings to the trust...then it is a contract.
We usually entrust only those things that we are afraid we would lose...if left in our possession/control.
How can we require more of someone-else...than of ourselves?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Disappointing response, mostly.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
What response were you hoping for?

Trust is not "earned".
Trust is not "deserved".
Trust IS GIVEN.

It is NOT a contract...
It is freely given ------ (when you give something away - attaching strings, does not make YOU less responsible) ------

Are you looking for someone-else to be Trust-Worthy...?
No-one is more responsible for your trust...than you.
Can't blame them --- Can't condemn them --- So - it's an empty hope...to look for someone...better.

edit on 11/18/2014 by WanDash because: i's & o's

edit on 11/18/2014 by WanDash because: too many replies

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The celebrities that you can name who have horrible skeletons in their closet is far smaller than the list of all celebrities on the planet. I imagine that they are a cross section of humanity - like any other group... bad apples and good apples mixed with mostly middle of the road apples.

What factors in here is the idea of "the hero" - and that comes with an expectation set that can, and usually is, violated at some point. Our heroes are human too. Some more or less than others. We all have our sins, including those we idolize and admire. It sucks when we find out that one of our heroes happens to be a despicable person - but that shouldn't cause us, as individuals, to hurt or to feel let down. We should not feel guilt about having liked that person or what they did to make us like them in the first place.

It's OK to feel betrayed, but realize that you have nothing to do with that act of betrayal. Some poor sap who managed to get liked simply showed a side of himself that is not admirable and even is possibly horrible.

To be human...

top topics

join