It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Owl Cuteness Alert!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
My new owl nest here has been completly dumped on now. It reminds me of this crazy picture from an owl nest webcam that I put up a couple years ago.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

Awesome pic!!!!!!!! Your live cam is just showing a black screen after the commercial.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks! She was a great mom. She had eggs under there and kept them warm. They all hatched and fledged successfully. I remember one time she left for a bit and a porcupine came and had a nap in the nest. It left half an hour later and she came back and carried on like nothing happened. I'll see if I can find the pics.

The screen is black because its dark out right now. When the owls start using the nest I'll up my game and switch the camera to night mode when it gets dark out. It has to be done manually so for now I'm just leaving it in day mode.

This has turned out to be a really great thread by the way. Didn't think owls would garner 30 flags. They deserve it.
edit on 30-11-2014 by CraftBuilder because: tomorrow I get to open the first little advent calendar thingy.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Here they are:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

You must always have a camera with you. What if you saw a UFO or something? Sheesh! LOL

I usually do, and even had one at the time with nightshot (video) but I didn't carry it then. Only time one was ever still, so I could have taken a pic, and no camera. UFOs......never seen one of them, but I have seen some weird stuff! I DID have a camera when we (parents and siblings and me) saaw this HUGE turkey vulture. Sucker's wings hung over the edges of the road, not even fully spread out, and I didn't take a pic. WAY bigger than they are supposed to get, but we just joked that "things really do get bigger in Texas". Never occurred to me to take a pic of the ugly thing. Ah, for a time machine to go back and tell young me to take a pic of the big ugly bird!

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Oh that porcupine is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you soooo much for sharing that!!!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Oh I think we had one here last year! Never seen one before but yes huge and ugly bird! LOL

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

This has turned out to be a really great thread by the way. Didn't think owls would garner 30 flags. They deserve it.

Me either! I know we have a lot of animal lovers but had no idea the owls would go over so well.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

HUGE, and ugly, for certain! Oh, for a time machine! One nice pic on the ground, and NO ONE could say that wasn't a really big bird!!!

Because of that, I have long suspected that some of the "thunderbird" sightings are simply enormous specimens of known birds. There are occasional size anomalies with other animals, so why not?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Sorry LadyGreenEyes, I missed your last comment. Yes, that may be true about the large birds.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join