It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belarus official: Ukraine war may push us to West

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Just in case you thought Russia was not serious about free trade with the EU:

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov stated that Russia plans to promote idea of establishing a free trade zone between the European Union and the Eurasian Customs Union as "the integration of integrations."

Hopefully the EU recognises this opportunity and enters into discussion for progressing the idea.

Source: sputniknews.com...

And in the Duma, Lavrov explained the government attitude:

The current downturn in international affairs is not our choice. We will continue to work in these circumstances, and we are always open to dialogue. There’s no real alternative to mutually advantageous and equitable cooperation between Russia and the EU; we are bound by too much in geographical, economic, historical, and human terms. The European Union is our natural trade and economic partner. We have a mutual interest in expanding our business cooperation, which representatives of leading German companies confirmed to me during their recent visit to Russia to meet with our leaders.

Source: www.mid.ru...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Blister

And in the Duma, Lavrov explained the government attitude:

And yet he also says this...

Today our talks focused on Ukraine. We agree that it is our common goal to stabilise Ukraine as soon as possible, to ensure a ceasefire and the withdrawal of heavy weaponry in keeping with the Minsk Protocol, as well as to take other actions stipulated in that document. Russia has called for the unconditional continuation of the Minsk process. It is a unique format in that all conflicting sides are represented in this process mediated by Russia and the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE).

www.mid.ru...

And yet they continually violate the same agreement that he says they want to continue...Amazing.

And it is also amazing that he wants Russia to mediate a conflict they continue to back by sending weapons and troops. Does Russia think the rest of the world doesn't see through this facade?
edit on 22-11-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I think you should stay on topic in this thread. The OP is clearly about Belarus seeking closer ties with the west - which Russia is encouraging.

I'm not sure a debate about Novorossiya is appropriate here, especially when you have no proof of your allegations. Just my opinion though.

edit on 22-11-2014 by Blister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I think you should stay on topic in this thread. The OP is clearly about Belarus seeking closer ties with the west - which Russia is encouraging.

And yet the title has Ukraine in it...Imagine that.

I'm not sure a debate about Novorossiya is appropriate here, especially when you have no proof of your allegations. Just my opinion though.

No it is about Ukraine learn geography please, as Novorossiya does not exist except in the minds of pro Russians.

If you think the Russians aren't supplying the separatists answer this simple question...

Where are they getting the weapons that they are using, because those bases the took over in the beginning are not an endless supply of ammo, and weapons just don't resupply themselves, and they aren't being resupplied by Ukraine so where is it coming from?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h
No, Russia is not supplying the Armed Forces of Novorossiya. And yes, they have captured military equipment from the forces of Ukraine.

Way off topic man.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

No, Russia is not supplying the Armed Forces of Novorossiya. And yes, they have captured military equipment from the forces of Ukraine.

SO you think those bases automatically supply themselves?

Care to answer that easy question, because weapons need ammo and Ukraine is not resupplying those bases...so where is it coming from?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Way off topic man.

Really because it has to do with the situation in Ukraine that is pushing other Baltic nations to the west, so it is on topic.

Also you really aren't in the position to say something about being off topic when the original post I was replying to was off topic if you really want to go down that road.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join