It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Spirit of Anger and Correction

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Simple op.
The spirit of anger blocks correction and learning. This is the reason some cultures take punishment with a smile. The negative does not learn and any punishment or correction is in vein if anger is present. To open up ones self to correction and learning best then a positive attitude must be present.

Easier said than done
edit on 13-11-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Big difference between being told we are wrong versus, we are mistaken.

Trying to remember that.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Duh.

Every good psychoanalysts know that positive encouragement generates greater results (and loyalty) than negative (which aslso generate a feeling of victimisation and revolt).

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Some can not afford such education and many go through life never understanding the concept even when it is told to them. Sure like i said it is a simple op but a very important one as most just laugh or become bewildered when they encounter someone smiling at them when they are red in the face spouting angry words cause they do not know how it effects then and so it only further fuels the anger because of something some take for granted.

We often view it as disrespect even though it is one of the highest forms of respect to open up yourself and smile when you screw up and are being corrected. The spirit of anger is a harsh one to be overcome.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This whole thought process can lead to understanding of what negative spirits are doing when they attempt to get everyone red in the face. It causes the positive spirit to be stirred up in the clouds or unseated from the throne above us and much can happen when the seat is empty. I have found that a meal of something from the water like fish can aid in getting back to the seat.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
It causes the positive spirit to be stirred up in the clouds or unseated from the throne above us and much can happen when the seat is empty.

I am a positivist - if the throne is empty, may I sit on it please?

If it is all the same to you, of course.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It's all in how it is done.

I do not believe in "only positive reinforcement" I have seen the results of that- they are NOT better.

People need to be aware of when they screw up, as much as when they are successful.
They need to have a realistic understanding of themselves and their effects on the exterior world.

Though it is all in the way it is communicated and anger is not necessary.
I have noticed that it is the anger that causes people to get defensive and block further reception/learning.
A good teacher can explain what is not right, why and how to do it better, without being upset, and actually inspiring the student to try again.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

You already do. we all have one and if you are in mine then things could get interesting...
we are above and below.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

I do not believe in "only positive reinforcement" I have seen the results of that- they are NOT better.

People need to be aware of when they screw up, as much as when they are successful.

They need to have a realistic understanding of themselves and their effects on the exterior world.

I have noticed that it is the anger that causes people to get defensive and block further reception/learning.

A good teacher can explain what is not right, why and how to do it better, without being upset, and actually inspiring the student to try again.

yes that is what is ment. anger blocks and one just pisses in the wind when teaching an angry person. often just the difference of a cooling off period is all that is needed but if the angry know of this before then often they can overcome quicker by understanding the battle.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I disagree - I saw many instances of negative reinforcement and they are rubbish, especially at long term.

Indeed.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

I disagree - I saw many instances of negative reinforcement and they are rubbish, especially at long term.

You certainly have the right to your opinion.
Mine is heavily influenced by watching my half brother, who grew up with no negative enforcement, and became a raging narcissist, who truly believes he is God gift to earth, and is a meth addict, in and out of prison.

(father being a psychoanalyst, mother a psychologist, they have since changed their mind about that trend in childrearing)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You certainly have the right to your opinion.
Mine is heavily influenced by watching my half brother, who grew up with no negative enforcement, and became a raging narcissist, who truly believes he is God gift to earth, and is a meth addict, in and out of prison.

(father being a psychoanalyst, mother a psychologist, they have since changed their mind about that trend in childrearing)

Interestingly, narcissistic personality disorder is thought to be caused by childhood abuse, neglect or trauma. Of course, ignoring a child entirely is probably a form of negative reinforcement. We've all seen children's tantrums escalate until they get attention. I've noticed that the children of mental health professionals seem to have the same problems as preacher's kids.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
understand that my statments are pointed more toward the attitude of the reciever and not the corrector. if the reciever is in a state of anger than nothing will get through. However some form of spirit is necessary to get the attention of the reciever but that is a thin line to not put the reciever back in the anger state and still have meaningful lasting corrections. Often the form of a stern wall of a person is necessary to get through and block attempts of angry spirits trying to undermine lessons. they do not respect pushovers much but that type of stance is only needed in a few cases.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Indeed. Just remember that the receiver is partially reacting to the corrector - human minds are no exception to action/reaction, to causality. There is a reason for the shape of one's mind. Usually, something deep, like abuse, privation, frustration, etc. may be the cause for narrow-mindness or resistance.

edit on 13-11-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Good word. I have learned something. By knowing God we can better know the enemy. God's Spirit is calm corrective whilst the spirit of Satan is brash ignorance.

I guess we already knew that though.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Indeed. Just remember that the receiver is partially reacting to the corrector - human minds are no exception to action/reaction, to causality. There is a reason for the shape of one's mind. Usually, something deep, like abuse, privation, frustration, etc. may be the cause for narrow-mindness or resistance.

I think what you mention is just what i call spirits and when those bad things happen it is just a way in for the negative. Kicking them out is always not easy. It is a battle. I like to watch gordan ramsey. He does it well with his mix of religion and psycology. The two have much in common if one can get past the divide that has been givin to us by the two sides competing.

The op is quite simple but i can think of seems like thousands of times that if i had that simplisity in mind i would have reacted differently and saved much heartache. I think that when the spirit of anger is forefront this thought is one that it guards carefully. I will even say it is guarded to the point sometimes that one can not even grasp the concept if put in front of them.

I will even say that if no anger is with the reciever and they know a bit about how this works then they can recieve knowledge from any source. I would call that wisdom and temperance.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
understand that my statments are pointed more toward the attitude of the reciever and not the corrector. if the reciever is in a state of anger than nothing will get through. However some form of spirit is necessary to get the attention of the reciever but that is a thin line to not put the reciever back in the anger state and still have meaningful lasting corrections. Often the form of a stern wall of a person is necessary to get through and block attempts of angry spirits trying to undermine lessons. they do not respect pushovers much but that type of stance is only needed in a few cases.

Form of spirit? Corrections? Stern wall of a person? Angry spirits? Gibberish.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Emerald53

Good word. I have learned something. By knowing God we can better know the enemy. God's Spirit is calm corrective whilst the spirit of Satan is brash ignorance.

I guess we already knew that though.

Uh..didn't your all-knowing, all-powerful God create Satan? If so, Satan is exactly as God desires. This is intended, of course, for those who take this stuff literally.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

no where in the reply did the user indicate that it was not that way. So what is your point here to stir up understanding that one has gained? It speaks volumes toward the op but it is likely you will not see the relation.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

Interestingly, narcissistic personality disorder is thought to be caused by childhood abuse, neglect or trauma. Of course, ignoring a child entirely is probably a form of negative reinforcement. We've all seen children's tantrums escalate until they get attention. I've noticed that the children of mental health professionals seem to have the same problems as preacher's kids.

I consider lack of negative enforcement a form of neglect now. We learn about ourselves and our relation to the world from our early caretakers, and only getting positive feedback doesn't allow us to perceive limits- in our own skills, and in the world at large. It deprives us of a sense of boundry, and of security. If there is no limit set by humans for us, then the only boundry is death.

There is no motivation to develop skills or knowledge either- if whatever tiny thing we do gets oohs and ahhs, then why go further? Just having the potential inside is enough. This is abusive in that it is unrealistic, and once out of the home and relations with the parents, the real world doesn't work that way, and they are confronted with a world that doesn't worship their internal potential, and only recognizes real concrete actions and developed skills in action. And they have no idea why that is or how to deal with it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join