It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U S Sailors Attacked By Mob In Turkey

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the right forum.

It looks like two sailors where singled out and brutalized in Turkey.

Sorry dont know how to embed video. link below

We should kick Turkey out of NATO.

m.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Oh man I had no idea Turkey was full of such bad asses.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot
Yes we should blame an entire nation for the actions of a few
Its the right thing to do..

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
edit on 12-11-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Cowards plain and simple, attacking the people that don't even have a choice to be where they are.

Doesn't mean we say that all people in turkey are like this.
Shoot we have men and women in the US that are this anti military, should we kick our self's out of NATO?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Turks used to roll troops in GERMANY all the time,NEVER one on one,they are eastern trained and so inferior combatants to western troops anyway.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

it's tricky innit!

a reply to: Sremmos80
Exactly just some idiots, ones that arent very bright, I mean wouldn't the issue be with their govt and the fact its part of NATO?

Young, dumb, angry, misguided youth.

Lets attack someone who probably hasnt even seen any combat, BEEFCAEK!
edit on 12-11-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
Yes we should blame an entire nation for the actions of a few
Its the right thing to do..

It is the American way.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

…should we kick our self's out of NATO?

That or start the whole world on fire?

Lessee… eeny meany…
edit on 12-11-2014 by intrptr because: bb code

link   

In fiscal year 2013, 50.6 Billion dollars

We gave Turkey 50.6 million last year.

Not one more penny in aid to any of these ungrateful bastards.

aid to Turkey Wiki

link   
I lived in Turkey in the early 2000 time frame and only ran into Russian ran club problems. I did however see during my multi-year stay a steady Islamification that was taking place. This video does not surprise me except for the fact that the main antagonist (in the video) picked an obviously weak opponent and then pursued. I have had some fights in Turkey, they did not end the same way nor did observers want to get involved.

This is not what the educated portion of Turkey supports however, propaganda has it's effects.

Sure don't judge a country by one incident however pay attention to how we are perceived.

edit on 12-11-2014 by notmyrealname because: dumbass typos

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

In fiscal year 2013, 50.6 Billion dollars

We gave Turkey 50.6 million last year.

Not one more penny in aid to any of these ungrateful bastards.

aid to Turkey Wiki

We paid them. Why won't they be our bitch? It's almost like they are a sovereign nation not a mercenary group.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
They got hoodwinked. symbolically. If this happened in Syria we'd nuke the whole place…

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It sure would have been nice for those sailors to have had an equalizer. I'd have used it in that situation. Nothing worse than cowards who can't face you by themselves. Oh, and I doubt they'd do this to army guys...or marines...nah...two skinny sailors.

Tough guys...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The US has killed more Muslims over the past 30 years than all terrorist attacks COMBINED

If you take every death caused by a terrorist attack (including 9/11) over the past 30 years - and then add in everyone killed by mob violence in Islamic countries - it would absolutely pale in comparison to the number of Muslims that have been killed by the American military in the same time period.

In just the Iraq war alone, the US managed to kill nearly a million Iraqis - a large percentage of whom were civilians who had nothing to do with the conflict. Add to that the number of Muslims killed in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, etc in the so-called "War on Terror".

Anyone puzzled why there might be so much hatred towards the US around the Islamic world?

The 9/11 attacks resulted in 2,996 casualties, which included 343 firefighters and 59 police officers who were in trying to save victims inside the World Trade Center. The War on Terror launched by George W. Bush Jr. has led to at least 227,000 people (more than 300,000 according to other estimates). This includes 116,657 civilians (51%) between 76 - 108,000 insurgents or Taliban Islamists (34% to 36%), 25,297 Iraqi and Afghan soldiers (11%), and 8,975 American, British, and other coalition forces (3.9%).

Based on the documents released by WikiLeaks, the Guardian estimated in October 2010, 109,032 civilians and soldiers were killed in Iraq between 2004 – 2009. This included 66,081 civilians, 23,984 enemy forces, 15,196 Iraqi soldiers, and 3,771 coalition troops.

Yet these statistics do not take into account that the deaths tolls were only from the coalition reports. icasualties.org has listed 4,770 coalition troops (4,452 American and 179 British) who have died in combat in Iraq since 2003, and 2,441 soldiers (1,566 American, 364 British, and 56 French) who died in Afghanistan since 2001.

It is worth mentioning the number of pro-Saddam forces that died in Iraq: 16,595 security forces from the post-Saddam era, 1,764 private contractors, 1,002 Sons of Iraq, and between 38,778 and 70,278 other supporters of the regime.

In Afghanistan, there were 7,500 casualties from Afghan security forces – 200 were from the Northern Alliance, and more than 38,000 were either part of the Taliban or insurgents.

Civilians casualties in Iraq

During the War on Terror, civilians suffered the greatest number of deaths. The Iraq Body Count documented between 100 and 110,000 civilians who died violent deaths since 2003 (whereas WikiLeaks only mentions 15,000 civilian deaths in its WarLogs).

A study published in The Lancet medical journal estimated that there were 654,965 deaths between 2003 and 2006 – representing 2.5% of the Iraqi population. This would suggest that today the statistic would be updated to about 1,455,590 casualties.

If the figures published in The Lancet are controversial, the estimated number of victims from the Iraqi War could range from 100,000 to over one million.

According to the UN, in Afghanistan the number of civilians killed since 2006 would be “only” 9,759, of which 6,269 were killed by antigovernment forces, and 2,723 by coalition or regular army forces. Another 6,300 to 23,600 civilian deaths resulting directly or indirectly from the war between 2001 – 2003 should be added to this statistic.

The below video is an excerpt from the documentary Rethink Afghanistan by Robert Greenwald, known for his films on Fox News and the Bush Administration:

No Wonder why they are being attacked ? shall i pull up a list of hate crimes twards Muslims in the USA ? and other countries ?

ETA: not trying to justify the actions of the Mob that attacked the Sailors. it was wrong no doubt. US forces are most likely at risk in any Muslim country .

waiting for this video to hit the MSM and blow up .....

glad they made it out ALIVE ! ..SMH
edit on 12-11-2014 by Walsh because: (no reason given)

LINK
edit on 12-11-2014 by Walsh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Catacomb
a reply to: intrptr

It sure would have been nice for those sailors to have had an equalizer. I'd have used it in that situation. Nothing worse than cowards who can't face you by themselves. Oh, and I doubt they'd do this to army guys...or marines...nah...two skinny sailors.

Tough guys…

I noticed they weren't proudly representing their nation in uniform either. And they weren't "attacked". If they had been "attacked" they wouldn't be using hoods, they'd be using something else.

Try to see through the veil of how well we are respected in the world at large.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Sure a lot of tuff guys on this thread. Lots of Americans as well I see.

After all the crimes against people in the Countries that have been attacked by the US, 2 soldiers get a little roughed up and let go with no harm...OH HELL NO! DON'T TOUCH US...WE'RE AMERICAN!

The white bags? Think back to Iraq.

And how is this any Different than the countless bar fights, assaults, rapes committed by US soldiers all over the World? Lighten up.

50 mil in Aid? Anyone think the people know of this or care? It was military Aid that only served the interests of the US wanting to be based there in the first place.

IMO The soldiers are lucky to have made it out unscathed. Next time ask the people if they want the US there instead of telling them that they do. The people at street level like you or me.

I'll bet the answer will be Different.

From the VID:

"We Define you as Murderers and killers and want you out of our land"

Free Speech

Peace

edit on 12-11-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I think those two guys were very lucky to have gotten out of that mess unscathed, they were lucky to have gotten away at all.

An abducted American service person is probably worth a lot of shekels in that part of the world.

I'd be staying on the boat.

edit on 12-11-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

During the second world war some US service men (Marines I think) got into a brawl with some New Zealand service men (in New Zealand) ... it happens. ITs not necessarily a "terrorist attack" and more some idiots (on both sides) being idiots.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join