It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, the Republican Obamacare Strategy Will Kill People

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

People will die with our without Obamacare.

I guess with that argument, it could be pointed out that millions have died since Obamacare was enacted.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Our Country is dieing. Our middle class is dwindling and all the Politicians can do is bicker over crap like the AFA. Really?? We got kids starving here, veterans without arms and legs nearly homeless. Borders so open Al bagdadi himself could walk right in and our politicians are worried about repealing the AFA? Really?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Willtell
The best policy would have been single payer like ALL civilized countries but the GOP would never have it.

They had to settle for this Republican think Tank plan called Obamacare

If the country would have listened to the progressives like Bernie Sanders we would have a decent plan

True, even though the right wing likes to crucify obama as the brains behind ACA...he was just a puppet of the real
designers of the plan; the neo con corporatists.

americablog.com...

So your admitting Obama is a puppet?

Mark this one down folks!

Try and keep up! I called this when he reratified the Patriot act during his first term. Find where I ever defended him!!!

RAWSTORY!!!!!

2nd line!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I don't have to read about it.....I live it.
I had insurance....and good insurance.
My employer was able to dump my group...and they did.

The ONLY plan I can even remotely afford is the bronze one.
With the 6350$ annual deductible.....on top of a premium that is awfully steep for me....and I don't have the money should I need to pay that deductible.

So, basically I am one of the millions of amerikans who are newly uninsured.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Yeah what idiot politicians think average Americans can afford 6k deductible and pay for the insurance. Morons.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Maybe the Republicans should work on improving the system for all rather than just abolishing the ACA. They are concerned about human lives right? So fix healthcare. Returning to pre ACA won't be better for all only for some. So help the people who got screwed by ACA and continue to help the ones who were helped.

This is a fantastic opportunity for the Republicans to make progress. They should build rather than destroy.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Surely that's a foul lie told simply because you dislike Obama or something equally as ridiculous. Nobody has ever been put out by Obamacare, only saved and pampered.

FTR? Obamacare was so expensive, I can't even consider it. It's so far out of the realm of possibility for me it's laughable. So yeah... Count me in with those who didn't have a pleasant experience.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

I don't have to read about it.....I live it.
I had insurance....and good insurance.
My employer was able to dump my group...and they did.

The ONLY plan I can even remotely afford is the bronze one.
With the 6350$ annual deductible.....on top of a premium that is awfully steep for me....and I don't have the money should I need to pay that deductible.

So, basically I am one of the millions of amerikans who are newly uninsured.

Your death won't matter though DTOM! Because partisan politics and "THEIR" end agenda means a whole hell of a lot more than what happens to us average citizens that struggle our asses off to make ends meet!

For Christ's sake did any one see this video of one of the ACA architects?

Blame Romney on THIS? When was Romney President?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

The best policy would have been single payer like ALL civilized countries but the GOP would never have it.

If the country would have listened to the progressives like Bernie Sanders we would have a decent plan

True, even though the right wing likes to crucify obama as the brains behind ACA...he was just a puppet of the real

americablog.com...

Try and keep up! I called this when he reratified the Patriot act during his first term. Find where I ever defended him!!!

RAWSTORY!!!!!

2nd line!

I read Rawstory daily just like I read NewsMax from the right wing perspective. I like Rawstory because their headlines are more creative and elicit a better response from the ATS members when I make a thread. That bothers you? Why?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

americablog.com...

RAWSTORY!!!!!

2nd line!

I read Rawstory daily just like I read NewsMax from the right wing perspective. I like Rawstory because their headlines are more creative and elicit a better response from the ATS members when I make a thread. That bothers you? Why?

You admittedly said, in at least 2 of your posts that you "liked to poke the bear", am I right?

I don't mind debating/arguing IF it might wake someone up OR at least get them to think outside the box of MSM propaganda.

But what purpose does it serve to just purposely piss someone off OR as you prefer to say, "Poke the bear".

I don't think I am being unreasonable trying to get people to realize how we are being used by our "servants" in office.

In my younger days? I was antagonistic and that is something I am proud to say I got over! But today at my age? I tend to think like MLK, it is time for us to all get together and get along!

What purpose does our 2 party system serve when you think of it's diametrically opposed ideologies other than division of it's followers to the destruction of what Martin Luther King advocated?

Yes! I know MLK, was advocating peace amongst race, but can't that be applied to peace amongst mankind?

Poking the bear, or as I call it, purposely pissing someone off accomplishes what?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I believe that the left refers to facts like the one you posted as "inconvenient truths".

...or they will simply call you racist for disagreeing with them about anything at all.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

Maybe the Republicans should work on improving the system for all rather than just abolishing the ACA. They are concerned about human lives right? So fix healthcare. Returning to pre ACA won't be better for all only for some. So help the people who got screwed by ACA and continue to help the ones who were helped.

This is a fantastic opportunity for the Republicans to make progress. They should build rather than destroy.

Yeah, well I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan

I believe that the left refers to facts like the one you posted as "inconvenient truths".

...or they will simply call you racist for disagreeing with them about anything at all.

I've been called a racist so much on this site that the KKK gets their mail forwarded to my web address.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

This is an emerging line by Republicans: More people have “lost” health insurance or have “canceled plans” than who have gained it through the Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. “Obamacare.” But Democrats have cried foul, with the House Energy and Commerce Committee minority staff estimating that, as a result of the law, no more than 10,000 people do not have health insurance coverage at the start of the year. So, who’s right? Much of it depends on what you count, how you count it and how carefully the attack line is phrased.

www.washingtonpost.com...

In reality, many people who received notices that their plans were canceled were told they would be automatically enrolled into another plan by the same insurance company. (Here’s an example of such a letter, courtesy of our colleagues at PolitiFact.) In other words, the person’s health plan was “canceled” but the person was not left “without coverage,” as the Daily Caller asserted. There likely was a seamless transition from one plan to the other, though the premiums might have increased because the ACA requires all plans to have the same basic level of benefits. This all goes back to President Obama’s pledge that “if you like your plan, you can keep it.” The Fact Checker gave that claim Four Pinocchios and placed it at the top of the biggest Pinocchios of the year. Of course, not everyone ended up with essentially the same plan — or liked the options, either from their insurance company or the Obamacare exchanges. Under intense political pressure, the White House ordered an administrative fix that, depending on the actions of individual states, allowed as many as 2.3 million people with “canceled plans” to simply stay on their old plan for at least another year. Thus they also did not lose coverage, contrary to the Daily Caller’s claim.

(Before the controversy ever erupted publicly, many states allowed “early renewals” that in effect allowed people to keep their old plans, usually through the end of 2014. Administration officials thus argue it was not a new concept but basically an extension of an existing timeline.) Just before the holidays, the administration announced a new catastrophic exemption to fill any remaining gaps in coverage — estimated to affect as many as 500,000 people.

Do your research folks

Just don't read something somewhere and lap it up
The "automatically enrolled into another plan" is BS. I lost my HC an d has to re-apply and at higher rates. So this is fabricated by the source. It didn't happen. The only people that happened for were those in a group plan either from their employer or union.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I have an idea:

Since the problem seems to be the cost of healthcare, the price of insurance coverage and the politics behind creating a workable system, why don't we turn to a system that could put all of that to rest.

Universal healthcare.

We could eliminate the need for insurance all together, could use the purchasing power of the US government to keep prices on goods and services low, it would put a stop to the politicians creating a system that benefits their cronies and best of all.....everyone would be covered.

No more pre-existing condition clauses, no more medical bankruptcies and no more worries about trying to pay for expensive insurance. We could easily pay for it without raising taxes, if we prioritize and stop wasteful spending on things like war or foreign aid.

I know that's drastic, but I think it's the moral thing to do and would be the most fiscally responsible for the overall economic health of the nation.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

I see a problem.
Or two.

The insurance companies aren't going to just go away.....it's a multi-billion dollar industry.
Big Pharma isn't going to lower their costs.
Tort reform still hasn't happened.

So, how are costs going to be contained to the point I can afford to get sick???

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

why not just stop at lowering prices so people can or decide not to get insurance, yet still pay for whatever they need.

I'd rather have my healthcare needs and decisions made by me and not by some bean-counter in DC.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I see a problem.
Or two.

The insurance companies aren't going to just go away.....it's a multi-billion dollar industry.

Open interstate availability for insurance companies. larger pool, lower costs.

FDA regs concerning new drugs is onerous. Big Pharma has policies in place to avoid losses and pay investors. remove the regs that take so much time from lab to market and you might see a reduction there .

Shakespeare had a solution for that one, I believe.

So, how are costs going to be contained to the point I can afford to get sick???

That's the 2,500 dollar question, isn't it.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I wonder if making medicare available for all would be the answer.
The government provides 80% of your coverage....just like for medicare....then you can go and pick whatever you want for the rest....just like with medicare.

That supplemental coverage could be next to nothing....or a couple hundred a month....depending on your needs and finances.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I see a problem.
Or two.

I don't believe it is in the best interest of the nation to care what happens to the insurance companies. What do they provide to their customers? Nothing.

They provide the false sense of security that they will pay for a specific service when needed, but that has changed. You pay a premium each month and they only cover certain parts of the service received, dictate what is covered and still make 30-40% profit each year.

Big pharma, as long as we keep them from lobbying our representatives, will go along with any plan we put in place. If they don't like the prices we are willing to pay, someone will open a new pharmaceutical company, provide the system with what it needs, and profit handsomely. We have to play hard ball with them.

As far as tort reform, I believe medical lawsuits account for around 2% of overall costs in the field. As part of the UHC plan, we can include a Tort clause to drive down frivolous claims.

The point I'm trying to make is that we can have a UHC system without a raise in taxes if we reorganize and prioritize our system. We spend money on things that are just stupid, like wars and foreign aid. Why not move that money over to the healthcare system, for the benefit of the people that pay the taxes, and eliminate a huge problem we have in this country?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join