It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, the Republican Obamacare Strategy Will Kill People

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

How dare you disagree with King obama!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Lol. So you know already that the Republicans have no intention to build or improve, only destroy and regress?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: sheepslayer247

why not just stop at lowering prices so people can or decide not to get insurance, yet still pay for whatever they need.

I'd rather have my healthcare needs and decisions made by me and not by some bean-counter in DC.

Insurance is a scam, my friend. There is a reason they make such ungodly amounts of profit. Their income is greater than their costs. They are screwing us.

And I think we could easily make sure that the system does not allow people in DC to dictate the care people receive. Those decisions are left to the patient and the doctor. Of course, there would be things that we would not allow to be covered by the plan, like nosejobs or boobjobs, but anything else would be paid for by the system.
edit on 11/11/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Being automatically enrolled in something is no guarantee you can afford it.

And many cannot.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: Willtell

For someone who complains that the WHOLE political system is corrupt, it amazes me that you STILL complain that one party is evil, when even in your past posts you have admitted that they are both corrupt!

So WHAT IS IT?

Either they are BOTH corrupt, OR your BSing!

Don't pick sides if you make a choice to say they both SUCK!

The best part is that he complains it's corrupt but he's advocating that it run the entire health care system which is what single

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Poking the bear, or as I call it, purposely pissing someone off accomplishes what?

Oh please...don't go all holier than thou on me! You are as guilty of purposely pissing people off as I am. As is Bezz, Neo, SheepS, everyone. It's what happens in lively debate and I love it.

If ATS was all rainbows and lollypops Id go somewhere else. The two party system isn't going to change and the way it looks now compromise is completely out of the question. I'm goddamn sure not trying to win any popularity contests here and if I can make anyone think even a little bit, that's good enough for me. I'm not ashamed to be a liberal and care more for my fellow man then the lapdog corporate conservatives, worshiping at the feet of Rush and parroting back his every word.

This Health Care debate is stupid because the international mega corps call the shots. Thank God I'm Union where they kick in half of my HC.
edit on 11-11-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

I wonder if making medicare available for all would be the answer.
The government provides 80% of your coverage....just like for medicare....then you can go and pick whatever you want for the rest....just like with medicare.

That supplemental coverage could be next to nothing....or a couple hundred a month....depending on your needs and finances.

Medicare for all is single-payer.

What might be more cost effective is the ala' carte menu approach. Pick and choose the coverage that you want.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Insurance is a scam

What will happen when the Judicial system requires insurance for everyone based upon the odds of them committing a crime?

I mean think about it! How many people get fined that can't afford it?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

Lol. So you know already that the Republicans have no intention to build or improve, only destroy and regress?

republicans lie about getting rid of Obamacare the same way democrats lied about obamacare being affordable.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Ummm, so why didn't they just work on fixing the system we had instead of bollixing it up so badly that even more people had unworkable health care?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The insurance companies are honest.

Obama.Care says so....

Medical Loss Ratios for Health Insurance

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Insurance is a scam

What will happen when the Judicial system requires insurance for everyone based upon the odds of them committing a crime?

I mean think about it! How many people get fined that can't afford it?

I hope that I am reading this correctly. If so, you made an excellent point.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I see a problem.
Or two.

The insurance companies aren't going to just go away.....it's a multi-billion dollar industry.
Big Pharma isn't going to lower their costs.
Tort reform still hasn't happened.

So, how are costs going to be contained to the point I can afford to get sick???

Simple, the IPAB just sets quotas on how many people they can afford to treat and makes sure all who do get treated will be within certain LIVES parameters so as to get the best outcome for the nation in terms of return on investment.

Just make sure you get sick early in the year and are not too old or too young and vote correctly all the time and pay lots of taxes.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: tavi45

republicans lie about getting rid of Obamacare the same way democrats lied about obamacare being affordable.

If you like your doctor you can keep your internet.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

medicare is really both.....you pay a set amount for basic coverage....Part A and B, I think.....then you shop around for the rest of it.....

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

actually, there were several fixes on the table, all were ignored or discarded in favor of Obamacare.

link   
Some people say Medicare "for all" would only cost 8%/8%

Right now it's 1.45%/1.45% for 50 million people covered.

But the service would be "questionable".

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I think a catastrophic policy that you take out at birth for your kid that follows you everywhere throughout your life and covers the big things that could have riders added for chronic illnesses. Then the routine stuff could be taken care of out of pocket would be best. Couple that with drastically expanded HSA options and boutique policies for drugs or to cover the routine stuff for those who want. But basically when you have to price things into the pockets of average customers, those prices come down.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They screwed it up so badly so that we would lap up anything that even remotely looked a bit better after this crash and burn. And it will work. We will be begging them to fix it, and help us no matter what...

The whole thing was meant to be the catastrophe we see now IMO.

Call it crazy if you want, but you can't really prove it wrong. When they offer up the single payer option in another year or so... We will see.

edit on 11/11/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

medicare is really both.....you pay a set amount for basic coverage....Part A and B, I think.....then you shop around for the rest of it.....

I think the fallicy in the numbers that the current administration is touting is medicare numbers also.

I know from a hospital standpoint that medicare reimbursements have increased hugely with the start of obamacare.

from an administrative standpoint, it has hurt hospitals.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join